Alex Trebek Dies

Eric

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

I liked Trebek, seemed like a real kind of Guy.

Cancer is a Bitch, he put up a Helluva Fight.

May He R.I.P.

He did seem like a class act. They are going to have trouble filling his shoes on Jeopardy. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I saw a Jeopardy "behind the scenes" video. He was a regular guy. He drove himself to work in a Dodge pick-up. When they asked him what he did on his off time, he said carpentry.  He was rehabbing a house his daughter had recently purchased.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tadbart said:

I grew up watching Mr. Trebek on Jeopardy. Gonna miss his wit and class. RIP, Sir. Thank you for facing a terrible diagnosis with charm and openly sharing your experience with others.

Yep. I'm in a couple of support groups online and IRL and Alex is seen as a beacon of how to handle it. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Yep. I'm in a couple of support groups online and IRL and Alex is seen as a beacon of how to handle it. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

I think the best way to handle such a life-altering event, is whatever way each individual feels is best for them. Some folks, like Mr. Trebek, are alright with taking a public path, where others prefer to share their experiences with only their closest family. There is no wrong way, but we are all better for the way he handled and shared his experiences.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tadbart said:

I think the best way to handle such a life-altering event, is whatever way each individual feels is best for them. Some folks, like Mr. Trebek, are alright with taking a public path, where others prefer to share their experiences with only their closest family. There is no wrong way, but we are all better for the way he handled and shared his experiences.

I agree. I was more referring to Alex's attitude. He didn't let it get him down and was genuinely interested in helping us, his fans, deal with the emotional impact. Like I said, a fine example. :)

26 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

I agree. I was more referring to Alex's attitude. He didn't let it get him down and was genuinely interested in helping us, his fans, deal with the emotional impact. Like I said, a fine example. :)

Agreed wholeheartedly. He embraced his prognosis and gave countless millions inspiration. 

• Like 1