? For those of you drawing Social Security

Zonny

How long does your deposit sit in the bank as "pending"? Mine was showing last Thursday the 22nd and just posted today, the 28th. 

Not a big deal. I'm not 'waiting' for it; I'm just curious if this is standard or it's my Credit Union holding it for some reason. 

10 minutes ago, Zonny said:

How long does your deposit sit in the bank as "pending"? Mine was showing last Thursday the 22nd and just posted today, the 28th. 

Not a big deal. I'm not 'waiting' for it; I'm just curious if this is standard or it's my Credit Union holding it for some reason. 

Lots of banks play games with money.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-1985-04-23-8501160053-story.html

Banks and savings and loan institutions make millions of dollars each day by holding checks for up to two weeks before giving customers access to the money, a consumer study concluded Monday.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Mine shows up at different times of the month and there doesn't seem to be any Rhyme or Reason to it and my bank doesn't do any kind of notification about "Pending", it just tells me when the money is in the account. I don't pay much attention to it any more because it goes into my savings and once a month I transfer a certain amount from my savings to my checking for expenses so it's not like I'm living month to to month waiting for that check to come in.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Mine too.  It depends on your birthday.  All SS is paid on Wednesday, depending on your birthday.  Mine is the 3rd Wed. of every month.

Ahhh. Okay. That kinda makes sense. Today (Wednesday) is the day it cleared and my B-Day is the 25th. Just wonder why it shows 6 days prior. Of course, there was a weekend involved this time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zonny said:

Tell your bank that isn't an acceptable practice. It is all them. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zonny said:

Ahhh. Okay. That kinda makes sense. Today (Wednesday) is the day it cleared and my B-Day is the 25th. Just wonder why it shows 6 days prior. Of course, there was a weekend involved this time. 

Yes, mine deposits on the 2nd Wed. and the wife's on the 4th wed.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zonny said:

I'll tell you what Kiddo , you sure don't look like you are old enough to collect SS. tom. :cowboy2:

• Haha 1