WTF vehicles

NPTim

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

Long live the weed whacker! Seriously, they are dying out.

I’ve got three. The green one is mine and is operational. Two others need restoration to some degree.

I’ve also got a modern Vespa - 300cc 4 cycle automatic electric start - which I will probably sell. Just don’t like it compared to the classics. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

H1 Hummer Custom 2 Door Extended Cab KSC2

19?? H1 Hummer Custom 2 Door Extended Cab KSC2.png

That's a Photoshopped image. Look at the rubber hood latch bungie. It is in the middle of the driver's door. Plus you can see the line where they spliced the hood section onto the body. It is sloppy work.

All the PS'ed crap that pops on on FB and car sites these days irritate the piss out of me. The people that do that crap are typically ones who have never actually touched a wrench to a real car and it shows in the monstrosities they create.

• Like 4

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Eric said:

That's a Photoshopped image. Look at the rubber hood latch bungie. It is in the middle of the driver's door. Plus you can see the line where they spliced the hood section onto the body. It is sloppy work.

All the PS'ed crap that pops on on FB and car sites these days irritate the piss out of me. The people that do that crap are typically ones who have never actually touched a wrench to a real car and it shows in the mostrosities they create.

About twenty years ago, I took a picture of a friend holding his infant daughter. He liked practical jokes, so I took the image and increased the size of his one ear you could see in the pic one and a half times. That was one comically big ear on the side of his head. It looked hilarious, but I blended it very carefully into the image, until it was really impossible to see where the photo had been touched, unless you blew it up big enough to study it pixel by pixel.

I printed the pic, put in a nice pewter frame and gave it to him. The PS job was pretty much seamless, but it should have been obvious to anyone who saw it, that something wasn't right. He loved the pic though and hung it on the wall behind the cash register of the pawn shop that he owned. Once it was clear that he loved the pic, that he didn't see what I had done and that he was touched by the gift, I was embarassed to tell him what I had done. Eighteen months or so later, when no one had pointed out the wrongness of the pic, I printed an unretouched copy of the image and took it up to him. I came clean about what I had done and I replaced the image in the frame. He wouldn't say much about it, but he was clearly pissed about it and I felt bad.

Now THAT is how you Photoshop a damned picture!!! :greensupergrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2