WTF vehicles

NPTim

Just now, railfancwb said:

AIM too, please! Sign in restroom of shooting range. 

The best of those I have seen is   STAND CLOSER ITS NOT AS LONG AS YOU THINK

• Like 3

On 4/30/2024 at 11:55 PM, Eric said:

I aim to please, although I may be a bit out of zero. 

I get the aim to please part. but "a bit out of zero"??  Thought about it for two days and still don't compute. I mean I know what you can do with 1's and 0's ..... put them together to make a computer program or even a website. :)

At any rate, I gave up what 'was' my favorite political forum board..... I'll be around more often now - fair warning. :P

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, OldSchool64 said:

I get the aim to please part. but "a bit out of zero"??  Thought about it for two days and still don't compute. I mean I know what you can do with 1's and 0's ..... put them together to make a computer program or even a website. :)

At any rate, I gave up my favorite political forum board..... I'll be be around more often now - fair warning. :P

I was trying to be clever generally.  That was supposed to mean that I try to please, but I may sometimes miss the mark. :greensupergrin:

Anyway, it's good to see you back around.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eric said:

I was trying to be clever generally.  That was supposed to mean that I try to please, but I may sometimes miss the mark. :greensupergrin:

Anyway, it's good to see you back around.

I can still be cleaver, or should I say Smart (ass) lol. I'm mellowing with age though.

Anyway, back to WTF Vehicles. I've worked on a couple of these:

30841-0.jpg

They didn't look so good after having 20k+ hours on them. Took a pic of one with a washing machine warped around a wheel. Well, only took up lees than a 1/4 of the wheel.

• Like 2

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, OldSchool64 said:

I can still be cleaver, or should I say Smart (ass) lol. I'm mellowing with age though.

30841-0.jpg

They didn't look so good after having 20k+ hours on them. Took a pic of one with a washing machine warped around a wheel. Well, only took up lees than a 1/4 of the wheel.

The first thing I think of when I see one of those is seagulls. No matter how far you are from an ocean, seagulls always find the landfills.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eric said:

The first thing I think of when I see one of those is seagulls. No matter how far you are from an ocean, seagulls always find the landfills.

When I stared at the landfill as heavy equipment tech they had turkey vultures, and lots of them. Then, almost overnight - they disappeared and seagulls showed up. That was a WTF thing. /rant 

• Like 1

• Administrators

When I stared at the landfill as heavy equipment tech they had turkey vultures, and lots of them. Then, almost overnight - they disappeared and seagulls showed up. That was a WTF thing. /rant 

The worst seagulls I ever saw were in the Bahamas. They are aggressive as hell. There are a lot venues where tourists eat outside. Not only will they land on your table and take food off your plates, they will fly straight at people walking with plates of food. If the startled person drops anything, the birds are on it. If the person merely flinches their body back from the plate a little, they will grab something off the plate, on the fly. Then several of them will tangle for the food over everyone's heads. The freaking things are a menace.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eric said:

The worst seagulls I ever saw were in the Bahamas. They are aggressive as hell. There are a lot venues where tourists eat outside. Not only will they land on your table and take food off your plates, they will fly straight at people walking with plates of food. If the startled person drops anything, the birds are on it. If the person merely flinches their body back from the plate a little, they will grab something off the plate, on the fly. Then several of them will tangle for the food over everyone's heads. The freaking things are a menace.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I heard if you shoot one a day, for a few days and leave the corpse.... the rest of them will go away.

I didn't try it but could have, I worked alone on 'the hill' of trash after hours.... but wouldn't risk losing my job if the shots were heard. Oddly enough, I quit because of a change in management.... when I could have stayed for a few more days to see if what I heard was true and do a favor for the others still there.

• Administrators

I don't know if it's true or not, but I heard if you shoot one a day, for a few days and leave the corpse.... the rest of them will go away.

I didn't try it but could have, I worked alone on 'the hill' of trash after hours.... but wouldn't risk losing my job if the shots were heard. Oddly enough, I quit because of a change in management.... when I could have stayed for a few more days to see if what I heard was true and do a favor for the others still there.

A ball bat would at least teach them to keep a respectful distance.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, OldSchool64 said:

30841-0.jpg

I have too.

Did you ever have to replace the caps on those wheel cleats?  That is a job and a half!

• Like 1

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, jmohme said:

I have too.

Did you ever have to replace the caps on those wheel cleats?  That is a job and a half!

Those things must be like giant petrie dishes after rooting around in a landfill. Not a vehicle you want to cut yourself on, while working on it. The smell must be pleasant as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/3/2024 at 3:12 PM, jmohme said:

I have too.

Nope, but I have seen them get worn down. One machine had the wheels replaced before my time there.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 3:35 PM, Eric said:

Those things must be like giant petrie dishes after rooting around in a landfill. Not a vehicle you want to cut yourself on, while working on it. The smell must be pleasant as well.

I didn't apply for the job.... they just saw my experience and offered me the job for what they called a hard to fill position.

For the money, especially with lots of overtime, I actually liked it. I know - crazy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

M561 Gama Goat. Articulated 6 wheel drive semi amphibious vehicle. I never got to drive one but I got to ride in the back once. 

IMG_5430.jpeg

Having a Detroit 2 stroke diesel directly behind your head is a great way to damage your hearing.

• Like 4