• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
Just now, tous said:

Italian?

French, British?

Nope.

Japanese.

It just proves that the Japanese can do ugly as well as the Europeans.

Yep, even Nissan lays an egg once in a while. If you look over that car, you can see a few features that Nissan incorporated on other of their models of that period, like that side rear window line. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, tous said:

Weren't the full-cover wheel covers with a little geometric feature common on  Japanese  automobiles of the 1980s?

Hated that look then, hate it even more now.

I wasn’t a fan of a lot of the styling features in the late eighties and early nineties. That concept car above reminds me a bit of the Nissan Pulsar, which I didn’t really car for. Too angular. 

B79E075F-F821-46D0-9429-1D9126847E31.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eric said:

I wasn’t a fan of a lot of the styling features in the late eighties and early nineties. That concept car above reminds me a bit of the Nissan Pulsar, which I didn’t really car for. Too angular. 

B79E075F-F821-46D0-9429-1D9126847E31.jpeg

My ex had that exact car when we started dating. Had about 50 horsepower. Had to turn off the air conditioning to go up hill.

• Like 3

On 9/16/2022 at 2:59 PM, Eric said:

Is this a can of whupass?

1663342452_screenshot_20220916-0847282_mmthumb.jpg

Is that big hole on the port side of the firewall where the brake master cylinder should be?

And someone remind  that feller to put the radiator cap back on before starting.

The red water pump contrasts nicely with the blue heads.

:biggrin:

• Like 2

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, tous said:

Is that big hole on the port side of the firewall where the brake master cylinder should be?

And someone remind  that feller to put the radiator cap back on before starting.

I don't know. It looks more like an airbox hole, but I have no idea what kind of car it is, or whether it is L/H or R/H drive. It looks old enough though that the master cylinder could be located under the floor.

• Like 2

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, tous said:

I thought I recognized that firewall. That is a '49-'54 Chevy car. This is what it should look like, except for the more modern small-block Chevy V-8 residing there, of course. :greensupergrin:

1950 fleetline 2010 (3).JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Here is the same engine compartment in stock condition. That panel only seems to be an access point., although a lot of guys who upgrade these cars to mdern brakes put the brake booster & M/C there. It is a natural spot for it.

17-1570140461582@2x.jpg

• Like 2