Might Be My Turn.

tadbart

49 minutes ago, SarahMcGlocklan said:

Apparently he’s been moved to the CCU so that’s good.  

I'm uninitiated on hospital labels. Looking on DDG, I see several variations. Coronary/Cardiac Care unit or Critical Care unit seem the most common. There seems to be a difference in diagnosis between them.

Regardless, out of the ICU sounds like a plus. Prayers your way Tadbart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, TeaDub said:

I'm uninitiated on hospital labels. Looking on DDG, I see several variations. Coronary/Cardiac Care unit or Critical Care unit seem the most common. There seems to be a difference in diagnosis between them.

Covid Care Unit?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, NPTim said:

Could be cardiac care unit or covid care unit or critical care unit. That’s the magical fun of, “guess the acronym”.

Laugh. Yeah, I've been fed, state and local.   We can live on those acronyms.

Regardless.   I hope our man is getting better.  This thing sounds like a special kind of hell.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Historian said:

Laugh. Yeah, I've been fed, state and local.   We can live on those acronym.

Regardless.   I hope our man is getting better.  This thing sounds like a special kind of hell.

Laughing at the commiseration thing, not the living hell thing.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, TeaDub said:

Cafeteria Care Unit.

Lime Jello Ward...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hey folks. Thank you all for your kindness and good thoughts. They help! 

Spent a couple days in ICU (not recommended), a few more down in a step-down critical care unit, and have landed in a progressive care unit for discharge planning. Supposed to get out tomorrow, and they're working in that direction. Lung function improves daily. They really opened my eyes as to some bad health stuff, and gave me guidance to get right. So, lots of work when I get out, that hopefully sees me happier, healthier, and more focused on a long future.

I made the mistake of turning on the news. These idiots have continued to break the country. I half expected the party to be over by now. I think I'll turn it back off and just keep working on saving for remote land. 

Again, thank you all for being there. Avoid this covid crap at all costs, especially if you have comorbidities like being fat, high blood pressure, borderline sugar problems. They won't be borderline problems when you're in ICU, but major hurdles to getting better.

• Like 13

47 minutes ago, tadbart said:

Hey folks. Thank you all for your kindness and good thoughts. They help! 

Spent a couple days in ICU (not recommended), a few more down in a step-down critical care unit, and have landed in a progressive care unit for discharge planning. Supposed to get out tomorrow, and they're working in that direction. Lung function improves daily. They really opened my eyes as to some bad health stuff, and gave me guidance to get right. So, lots of work when I get out, that hopefully sees me happier, healthier, and more focused on a long future.

I made the mistake of turning on the news. These idiots have continued to break the country. I half expected the party to be over by now. I think I'll turn it back off and just keep working on saving for remote land. 

Again, thank you all for being there. Avoid this covid crap at all costs, especially if you have comorbidities like being fat, high blood pressure, borderline sugar problems. They won't be borderline problems when you're in ICU, but major hurdles to getting better.

My blood pressure is kinda up there. 140 over 100, but not always that high. I'm in good shape for being a sr. citizen. (67) I have had prostate cancer. Been cancer free for 10 years after having that little nugget removed. I've been avoiding people literally like the plague, although I attended a wedding for a close friend yesterday. The ceremony was outside, but we went indoors for the festivities afterwards. i stayed away from people. washed my hands while there, and hit the hand sanitizer afterwards. Blew the hell out of my nose also to hopefully dislodge any bugs in there.

• Like 1