Might Be My Turn.

tadbart

7 hours ago, SarahMcGlocklan said:

From your posts I take it that you are a hospital worker, like Tadbart. If so I expect you to know some ChinaVirus patients. I was asking Walt, who is less likely to be exposed.

I ask that question of a lot of people, and the vast majority do not know anyone with the virus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

From your posts I take it that you are a hospital worker, like Tadbart. If so I expect you to know some ChinaVirus patients. I was asking Walt, who is less likely to be exposed.

I ask that question of a lot of people, and the vast majority do not know anyone with the virus.

I know several people that have had it. My grandsons entire shift at the FD had to quarantine due to being exposed. Some of them actually contracted it. Also know a few in the general population.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

I could be as high as 9 by the end of the week.   One family of six...and they are wondering if one of their boys brought it home.

Confirmed i know of three, first hand. 

• Like 2

Hey guys!

A night in my own bed was amazing. Discharged home yesterday around 5ish. Stopped and picked up some non-hospital food, and spent an hour in the shower washing the hospital off of me. 2 things- hospitals are gross, and it took an hour to shower due to the exertion.  Gonna be moderately short of breath with exertion for a while, I believe, but I held my oxygen saturations all night without supplemental oxygen.

So now I'm home, quarantining as a covid+ patient with bilateral pneumonia. Some breathing exercises and medication regimen changes, but I'm on the mend.

I know I wasn't much for communicating, but you guys' well wishes, kindness, and most definitely humor lifted my spirits. Thank you all.

With this illness, there were no visitors. None. For like 8 days. That kinda wore on me mentally, and I had some time to think. I'm fortunate, that I had a network of professional friends nearby who took the reins when I was too sick to make intelligent decisions regarding my care. Most people don't have the resources that were available to me. There really isn't a good system put in place for advocacy, other than the nurse at the bedside, who is plenty busy doing daily nurse stuff. If I can see one major deficit in my care as a whole, that would be it. They managed the disease process as well as we know how as this evolves, but involving family and medical decision making seemed to fall by the wayside. Again, better me than someone without my fortunate blessings in all this.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

9 minutes ago, tadbart said:

I know I wasn't much for communicating, but you guys' well wishes, kindness, and most definitely humor lifted my spirits. Thank you all.

Well.  We figured that you were busy...and that's why we didn't see to much of you.

Take it easy man.   Don't rush things.  You'll be back in the fight soon.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Silentpoet said:

I’m getting tested in about an hour. I have some of the symptoms. More so than my normal bronchitis.

Keep us posted.  I don't wish this **** on anyone.  Hopefully it's just bronchitis - even though C-19 has taken up everyone's minds, there's still plenty of other garden-variety nastiness to muddy the waters and scare the **** out of you.

• Like 4

They say 5-7 days on the test. Hopefully sooner though.  My brother-in-law got his back sooner.  
I asked about flu, doc said they hadn’t seen flu since April.

My temp was 96.x.  I normally run a little cool but not that low.  I hadn’t had a drink for maybe 40 minutes so it wasn’t that. Just feel like crap.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

I know several people that have had it. My grandsons entire shift at the FD had to quarantine due to being exposed. Some of them actually contracted it. Also know a few in the general population.

Again, how many do you know personally who have come down with it?

• Like 1

I just got back from visiting my stepfather 70 miles away. He entered into an assisted living facility two weeks ago and was put into quarantine for two weeks. Today he was supposed to be able to get out of his room and mix with the general population, but another resident was "exposed" so he's back in quarantine. We're only able to speak with him by phone or through the window of his room. He's 91, and not real happy with the situation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

19 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

I just got back from visiting my stepfather 70 miles away. He entered into an assisted living facility two weeks ago and was put into quarantine for two weeks. Today he was supposed to be able to get out of his room and mix with the general population, but another resident was "exposed" so he's back in quarantine. We're only able to speak with him by phone or through the window of his room. He's 91, and not real happy with the situation.

Prayers.

God Bless Him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

Prayers.

God Bless Him.

Thanks. He's a Korean War vet wounded at Pusan, and a pretty tough old bird. He doesn't have the ChinaVirus (and don't try telling him it ain't from China...)

Odd thing about the assisted living place is they allow residents to leave and return, but apparently if someone comes back "exposed" everyone goes on lockdown. Just more, um, unintuitive reactions to this virus by authority figures.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Thanks. He's a Korean War vet wounded at Pusan, and a pretty tough old bird. He doesn't have the ChinaVirus (and don't try telling him it ain't from China...)

Odd thing about the assisted living place is they allow residents to leave and return, but apparently if someone comes back "exposed" everyone goes on lockdown. Just more, um, unintuitive reactions to this virus by authority figures.

that's some Logic..

are they Testing the Staff that Comes and Goes as well?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

that's some Logic..

are they Testing the Staff that Comes and Goes as well?

I don't understand the whole idea of testing. Unless you're doing it daily, what good does it really do? Results here are taking upwards of 10 days to get back. Do you think those with mild or no symptoms are self-quarantining? I doubt it. My friends' in-laws got on a plane and flew home knowing full well they were just visiting a relative who's entire family was ill and turned out positive. 

I just cancelled my Alaska trip for this year. Impossible to meet the testing requirements to enter the state and useless anyway.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1