Might Be My Turn.

tadbart

2 hours ago, tadbart said:

Again, thank you all for being there. Avoid this covid crap at all costs, especially if you have comorbidities like being fat, high blood pressure, borderline sugar problems. They won't be borderline problems when you're in ICU, but major hurdles to getting better.

This is the most important posting i've ever seen TBS.

Thank you so much for telling us your status. 

I'm certain when you get your legs back under you...you'll be an even better medical professional based on your experiences.

You have an amazing journey ahead of you.

God bless you. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Not many in my community so far, but I do know of a few in the area. 

Same here, and I think that's the case for most of us outside urban areas. Of course, folks like Tadbart, who swim in a sea of pathogens, are no more typical than misanthropes like me.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Same here, and I think that's the case for most of us outside urban areas. Of course, folks like Tadbart, who swim in a sea of pathogens, are no more typical than misanthropes like me.

My aunt and uncle died of covid within a few days of each other, does that count?  

• Sad 3

Nothing but best wishes. My landscaper got it, hit by a train, but over it. 
A big, soft, elderly Security guy I know got it, felt a little like poop for as few days and walked it off. 

There appears to be no rhyme or reason. 

What treatments did you get, what do you think helped. 

Did you do any prophylactic stuff?  Vitamin D, Zinc, Black elderberry, vitamin C, Quercetin?  

Im curious if it did, would, have done any good. 

Either way, great job beating the WuFlu. You get the T shirt!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, tadbart said:

Hey folks. Thank you all for your kindness and good thoughts. They help! 

Spent a couple days in ICU (not recommended), a few more down in a step-down critical care unit, and have landed in a progressive care unit for discharge planning. Supposed to get out tomorrow, and they're working in that direction. Lung function improves daily. They really opened my eyes as to some bad health stuff, and gave me guidance to get right. So, lots of work when I get out, that hopefully sees me happier, healthier, and more focused on a long future.

I made the mistake of turning on the news. These idiots have continued to break the country. I half expected the party to be over by now. I think I'll turn it back off and just keep working on saving for remote land. 

Again, thank you all for being there. Avoid this covid crap at all costs, especially if you have comorbidities like being fat, high blood pressure, borderline sugar problems. They won't be borderline problems when you're in ICU, but major hurdles to getting better.

Awesome!  Glad to hear you are on your way out.

Can you share any details on the other problems you had?  Did you go into ketosis?

What caused the blood in the pee?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

Awesome!  Glad to hear you are on your way out.

Can you share any details on the other problems you had?  Did you go into ketosis?

What caused the blood in the pee?

Hey man. That was a rough week- not one i want to repeat! Not sure about ketosis, but I hit some lactic acidosis with a LA of 3.6 at one point. They flushed that out with a few liters of IV fluids and fever control. 

No clue on the blood in the pee- next urine was clear. Dumb incidental thing? small stone? Who knows- Renal function is at baseline, so I'm not freaking out. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, willie-pete said:

Glad you are about ready to get kicked out. Next trip to my neck of the woods and beers are on me.

Any idea where/how you got it ?

probably picked it up at work- i do work in Celebration with all the tourists.

I'll take ya up on that beer when I'm not a leper anymore!

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, tadbart said:

Now that you're on the upswing, is there anything you can share with us in terms of how to respond if we suspect we've contracted Covid-19 (other than go to the emergency room if needed)?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, holyjohnson said:

Condolences to you and your Family.

God Bless.

Thank you.  Truly.   His father, and brother got it at the same time.  They made it.

I'm ready for this virus to be part of history. 

This has been a cruel experience for so many.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tadbart said:

Sheesh you are right down the road from me.  Florida is not handling this well.  Glad you're over the hump.

• Like 2