We In Ohio Just got Our Stay At home Order.

DrB

Have to go into work in the morning and pick up a few things.  Glad I'm all set, the stores are going to be a panic here starting now.  I was at the local farm market and all was calm this morning.  Hate to think what's it like now. 

Dave..

Edited by DrB
  • Like 2

There is an MSI lodging and Tracks End restaurant along with drivers from PTI in Bellevue that are “supposedly” essential 

desk clerks, housekeepers, cooks, drivers are “expected” to go to work without anyone actually telling them to. Nobody wants to make the decision and take responsibility 

Edited by Dric902
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Huaco Kid said:

I are "essential".

And I have zee paperz to prove it.

So they tell me.

I had a work call years ago when we were under a snow emergency. The dispatcher advised me that we are exempt from snow emergencies.

I told him.....That’s nice, but it doesn’t get me out of my driveway. Call somebody else

Mamasita has told me that if Indiana locks down that we are calling the local PD and the Sheriff Dept to advise them of our letter of exemption/waiver/request and ask their advise. If they say no, then it’s no

But I have a copy of the letter in the car

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Are they ordering a complete lockdown?

Nope.. Medical, grocery stores, drug stores still open.  You can go out to get supplies, medical care and such.  I will know more in the morning. 

Dave..

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, janice6 said:

You know it's bad when Sloppy Joe's  closes and locks their doors in Key West.  That place must be a Million Dollar business!

There's one road leading in.  Why not just lock it down and have the island to yourself?

• Haha 1

This sounds strange coming from someone who thought he was pretty Libertarian, but these baby steps are gonna kill people. LOCK THIS **** DOWN until we get a handle on it, then loosen the grip.

Someone joked today that Putin released 500 tigers into the streets of Moscow, and that's why they have so few cases.

That's not entirely a bad idea, given the circumstances.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, tadbart said:

This sounds strange coming from someone who thought he was pretty Libertarian, but these baby steps are gonna kill people. LOCK THIS **** DOWN until we get a handle on it, then loosen the grip.

Someone joked today that Putin released 500 tigers into the streets of Moscow, and that's why they have so few cases.

That's not entirely a bad idea, given the circumstances.

I think y'all know what I think about authoritative gummint and media-induced panic, but when professionals I respect here on TBS, and tadbart is one of them, say we need to lock it down I say lock it down.

• Like 2

Well,

I’m in our hotel in Ohio. The lockdown starts at 1159

the employees (housekeepers, desk clerks, cooks, cab drivers) have been given the same letter as we have from the Federal Railroad Administration to wave at the police as we go by due to our “essentialness”

we will see

10 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Well,

I’m in our hotel in Ohio. The lockdown starts at 1159

the employees (housekeepers, desk clerks, cooks, cab drivers) have been given the same letter as we have from the Federal Railroad Administration to wave at the police as we go by due to our “essentialness”

we will see

You drive a train.  You could push it along at 10 MPH and no one could stop you.   Less they put her on her side.   And that's unlikely.

(you much cooler job than mine)

• Like 2

Lockdown in Michigan starts tonight for the next THREE WEEKS MINIMUM.  I went shopping for several households today, because that was the most efficient and healthy way to do things.  Lowe's still has toilet paper.  None of the grocery stores do.  Customers are limited to 2 gallons of milk each, which, if you have kids in the house, isn't enough for three weeks.  I wonder if Riley still wants to sell me his herd of goats... lol.  I feel bad for the folks this is going to put out of business permanently.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Lockdown in Michigan starts tonight for the next THREE WEEKS MINIMUM.  I went shopping for several households today, because that was the most efficient and healthy way to do things.  Lowe's still has toilet paper.  None of the grocery stores do.  Customers are limited to 2 gallons of milk each, which, if you have kids in the house, isn't enough for three weeks.  I wonder if Riley still wants to sell me his herd of goats... lol.  I feel bad for the folks this is going to put out of business permanently.

I'm gonna milk a moose.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2