Laugo Alien - anyone seen this thing:

SC Tiger

This might be the coolest innovation in handguns since double-stack magazines.  The Laugo Alien:

Top of the slide doesn't move.  Bore axis is actually level with the hand.  Near zero muzzle flip.  Awesome.

Specifically - $5000 worth of awesome.  If they can manufacture it properly.  I guess my Glock 22 will have to do for now.

Not currently on my list but considering that firearm manufacturers basically copy each other, we could see some more cool stuff coming.

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, minderasr said:

Interesting design, would love to shoot it.  But a little too rich for my blood.

Yeah same here.  Even if I had $5000 laying around that's not what I would spend it on.  Should make a fine race gun though, if it's legal.

Downside is that I've read that the grip does get really hot during extended shooting sessions.

9 hours ago, Fog said:

That lefty was having trouble shooting it.

I put it on the list.

If I don't like it I'll give it to tous.

The low ejection port apparently causes lefties some issues.  They have to adapt their grip.  

8 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

gas delay Blow back and fixed barrel works really well ask H&K.

you can get the slightly lesser model for only $2500 with 50% down sent to Czechoslovakia..

also it says the design is modular, but not what it modulates into...

Where did you learn this - about the "slightly lesser" models?

There is also supposedly an issue where the frame gets really hot as it's fired.  Enough to cause issues during a match - I don't know.

As far as what it modulates into:

FailingAmazingCreature-small.gif

????

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, tous said:

The next BREN Ten?

Yes, you can buy the pistol, but alas, you can't get the magazines.

And we can't afford to fill orders.

But, we're cool.

:biggrin:

Or even better - The Tactical Bren Ten.  So tactical it will out tactical the most tactical of tactical pistols.  All of your tacticals are belong to it.

hqdefault.jpg

You can't out-tactical it's tacticals, you can only hope to contain them.  Tactically.

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

I'd get a custom 1911 at that price.  Or both an FN tactical 45 and a USP45 tactical.

For defense, definitely.  Though honestly there are custom 1911s that cost even more than this thing.

Hell - Jesse James' 1911s START at over $4000.  And I don't know that his are regarded as all that great compared to Wilson, Les Baer, Nighthawk, etc.

It's basically a competition gun.  The real question is will it be judged legal in any competitions?

Gonna be interesting to follow.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

Where did you learn this - about the "slightly lesser" models?

There is also supposedly an issue where the frame gets really hot as it's fired.  Enough to cause issues during a match - I don't know.

As far as what it modulates into:

FailingAmazingCreature-small.gif

????

:abovelol:

https://lancer-systems.com/product/laugo-alien-signature-edition-pistol-50-deposit/

• Like 1

12 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

:abovelol:

https://lancer-systems.com/product/laugo-alien-signature-edition-pistol-50-deposit/

I think that's saying that you have to pay a $2500 deposit to pre-order, and then pay another $2500 to actually get the firearm when it comes out.

Which is kinda scary.

• Like 1

Always have your  customers finance production and overhead.

They teach that at the Wharton School of Business.

No, they don't, really.

It's dumb and  rarely works out well for either the business or the customer.

Just ask BREN.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

I think that's saying that you have to pay a $2500 deposit to pre-order, and then pay another $2500 to actually get the firearm when it comes out.

Which is kinda scary.

to Czechoslovakia no less.....

i still haven't heard even back from that Nigerian Prince......

Edited by holyjohnson
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, tous said:

Always have your  customers finance production and overhead.

They teach that at the Wharton School of Business.

No, they don't, really.

It's dumb and  rarely works out well for either the business or the customer.

Just ask BREN.

Well, I think BAC from TOS has already ordered one.  He's got some FK BRNO thing too he loves to talk about.

I don't know what that dude's income stream is but he either has a shitload of money or one helluva credit card limit.  I suspect he supplements his income by selling guns when the hit the "high point" of their demand.  But that's really none of my business.