I Am Sick

Eric

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, misterfox said:

Fun weekend?

You certainly use the word fun much differently than I do.

I did some post-grad studies in sarcasm, in the Army. I knocked out the undergrad and graduate work growing up. My family was blessed with a powerful, innate sense of sarcasm. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Eric said:

I’ve been feeling crappy for several days and my sinuses have been in open revolt, but I thought it was allergies. Now, I am running a temp of just over 103 degrees and sinus pain & the shivers won’t let me sleep. I never get fevers. I haven’t had one Like this since I got bitten by the Brown Recluse and got medi-vacced out of the field during a Platoon Artep, when I was 19. That was a most welcome chopper/ambulance ride. 

This really sucks. Now that I’ve sniveled a little, I am going to make another run at some sleep. Somebody text me some chicken soup, ok?

The doctors always say drink plenty of liquids. Recently I had a bad cold that hung on for a couple of weeks an done day I though I was feeling better but I was was having a hard time walking out of a building to may car and I had to keeps sitting down and each time I tried to get up and walk I'd feel dizzy and had to sit down again. Finally somebody called an ambulance and the EMT's said I had high blood pressure, High blood sugars, and was severely dehydrated. I'm diabetic and it felt like low blood sugar but that wasn't 3what it was.

They gave me an IV and I absorbed almost a full bag of saline solution on the ambulance ride and they gave me another bag in the hospital and then I felt OK again. Dehydration was all that was wrong with me even though I aas getting over the cold. They also said at my age (71, 72 next month) colds can effect me worse than when I was younger and that the cold medication I was taking helped to dehydrate me. I wasn't eating as much either and that didn't help. You need your nutrition when you're sick.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

The doctors always say drink plenty of liquids. Recently I had a bad cold that hung on for a couple of weeks an done day I though I was feeling better but I was was having a hard time walking out of a building to may car and I had to keeps sitting down and each time I tried to get up and walk I'd feel dizzy and had to sit down again. Finally somebody called an ambulance and the EMT's said I had high blood pressure, High blood sugars, and was severely dehydrated. I'm diabetic and it felt like low blood sugar but that wasn't 3what it was.

They gave me an IV and I absorbed almost a full bag of saline solution on the ambulance ride and they gave me another bag in the hospital and then I felt OK again. Dehydration was all that was wrong with me even though I aas getting over the cold. They also said at my age (71, 72 next month) colds can effect me worse than when I was younger and that the cold medication I was taking helped to dehydrate me. I wasn't eating as much either and that didn't help. You need your nutrition when you're sick.

Alcohol is a liquid.  Don't listen to those downers that tell you to drink water.  Drinking a straight mix is bad for you.  W. C. Fields said so!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

You may have Ginger Ale, chicken broth, and saltine crackers. Same as I had when I was sick.

18 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Mom used to say...

”a little Castor Oil, fix you right up”

When I was a kid all the "experienced" powered model airplane nuts were "fixed up" frequently, since they ran their airplane motors on the bench, and the fuel was mixed with Castor oil for a lubricant.  The exhaust was inspiring.

• Like 2

Just now, janice6 said:

When I was a kid all the "experienced" powered model airplane nuts were "fixed up" frequently, since they ran their airplane motors on the bench, and the fuel was mixed with Castor oil for a lubricant.  The exhaust was inspiring.

Nastiest stuff on God’s green Earth, short of real Kimchi

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, janice6 said:

Alcohol is a liquid.  Don't listen to those downers that tell you to drink water.  Drinking a straight mix is bad for you.  W. C. Fields said so!

Years ago I always liked to drink plenty of hard liquor to alleviate cold symptoms. But I was a lot stronger then and my body was able to take a lot of abuse. Now all that abuse  is catching up with me and I'm not as invulnerable as I once was, or believed myself to be. 

A man has got to know his limitations.

Edited by Borg warner
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, janice6 said:

It was also used in WWI era fighter planes. Watch, six.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/27/2019 at 2:41 AM, Eric said:

I’ve been feeling crappy for several days and my sinuses have been in open revolt, but I thought it was allergies. Now, I am running a temp of just over 103 degrees and sinus pain & the shivers won’t let me sleep. I never get fevers. I haven’t had one Like this since I got bitten by the Brown Recluse and got medi-vacced out of the field during a Platoon Artep, when I was 19. That was a most welcome chopper/ambulance ride. 

This really sucks. Now that I’ve sniveled a little, I am going to make another run at some sleep. Somebody text me some chicken soup, ok?

Alcohol kills germs.  You just have to get your blood-alcohol level high enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Get to the doctor, and see if you can find some real chicken soup.  That bland crap in a can is no real substitute.  That is what we do with the remnants of a roster when one is butchered and sent to the crock pot.  The rest is left behind makes great soup.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

The doctor has real chicken soup? Made with real chickens?

So do I, when we butcher an extra roo.  I think the big giant head and I are separated by too much distance to provide the real deal.

2 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

The doctor has real chicken soup? Made with real chickens?

The doctor can manage the fever.  The chicken soup is for continued healing.  If he lived near me, I would make him one just special, as I hate to see people suffer needlessly.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

You may have Ginger Ale, chicken broth, and saltine crackers. Same as I had when I was sick.

As kids growing up, we were rarely given soda to drink. The only exception was, when sick we were given all the ginger ale we wanted.

Now I associate ginger ale with being sick and can't stand that ****.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Moshe said:

The doctor can manage the fever.  The chicken soup is for continued healing.  If he lived near me, I would make him one just special, as I hate to see people suffer needlessly.

I prefer to see people suffer neededly. Like Bag Daddy did in the moments Trump blew him to hell.

• Like 1