Well, I'm now among the Glocktalk BANNED Brigade

michael_b

I'm not really trying that hard to be honest, I still like it over there.

People do seem to disappear for strange reasons though.

Anyhow, think I'll order some takeout for dinner.  My fave spot has killer Canadian.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Maser said:

It's funny to think how much crap I've talked about GT and it's members for over a decade.  I honestly thought that Eric was gonna ban me as soon as I joined. 

BGH was always good with the ban hammer at GT,after all the years there i think talking **** was a pretty rare reason to be banned grading on the curve of **** talker to GunKid seemed to make all the difference.

and don`t worry,we all talked crap about you for decades too.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Administrators

Guys, once again, I did not create this site to be used to bash GT or its members. It accomplishes nothing, except to create more trouble and hard feelings. I have left this thread open a bit, to let people vent, but this kind of thread is not what I want TBS to be about. What is dwelling on the past going to do for you, except waste your time now? I have said here, on at least a couple of dozen occasions, that I didn't create this site to be an I-Hate-GT site.

I don't hate GT. Far from it. I felt pretty strongly about the new ownership situation, so I walked away. That doesn't change the fact that I built, owned and ran the site for a hell of a long time. I care about the place and I don't want to see it run down here. They have a right to run the place however they see fit, regardless of how we may feel about some of their policies. Those that don't like it have the right to vote with their feet. It is pointless though to dwell on the past.

I've gone to a lot of time and expense to build this site. Let's enjoy it and each other's company.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Eric said:

Guys, once again, I did not create this site to be used to bash GT or its members. It accomplishes nothing, except to create more trouble and hard feelings. I have left this thread open a bit, to let people vent, but this kind of thread is not what I want TBS to be about. What is dwelling on the past going to do for you, except waste your time now? I have said here, on at least a couple of dozen occasions, that I didn't create this site to be an I-Hate-GT site.

I don't hate GT. Far from it. I felt pretty strongly about the new ownership situation, so I walked away. That doesn't change the fact that I built, owned and ran the site for a hell of a long time. I care about the place and I don't want to see it run down here. They have a right to run the place however they see fit, regardless of how we may feel about some of their policies. Those that don't like it have the right to vote with their feet. It is pointless though to dwell on the past.

I've gone to a lot of time and expense to build this site. Let's enjoy it and each other's company.

That's why you won't see me bash GlockTalk or other sites.  It's a free country, they or other forums can ban me for whatever reasons and I am free to go or stay for whatever reasons as well.

Life is too short to care about inconsequential things.  It's only the intrawebz.

• Like 4

I personally don't see a problem with having a single ongoing thread like this.  If it was scattered all over the entire forum that would be one thing, but it's all contained in just one thread.  Not my site so not my call, just giving my 3 cents. 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Maser said:

I personally don't see a problem with having a single ongoing thread like this.  If it was scattered all over the entire forum that would be one thing, but it's all contained in just one thread.  Not my site so not my call, just giving my 3 cents. 

The problem is that I don't want this site used to bitch about other sites and their members. I don't want that negativity and animosity here. It poisons everything it touches.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The weather here in NW GA is impeccable today. Mrs G and her friends are enjoying win on the back porch, the temp is about 65 and I'm a-fixin to make a run down to the local BBQ joint to pick up a hunk o' hawg.

Beats the poop out of the ATL by a long shot.

• Like 2

Why is it such a badge of honor to be banned from a website?  

I’m not trying to be overly critical, but it seems to me that if the owner of the place tells you to get your boots off the coffee table, you do it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jame said:

I’m not trying to be overly critical, but it seems to me that if the owner of the place tells you to get your boots off the coffee table, you do it

.                                                                                                               Now back to weather .it's ******* 24 degrees here tonight. Brrrrrrr. My old bones feel it.  

Edited by ASH
not worth it
  • Like 1

Weather sucked last Thursday.  I was gonna go hike about a 4 mile trail (Table Rock) but the rain was on and off all day.

So I went shooting instead.  I figured that if the rains came, I would be ~200 feet from my truck as opposed to 4 rocky miles.   

Spoiler

And Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself.

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, jame said:

I’m not trying to be overly critical, but it seems to me that if the owner of the place tells you to get your boots off the coffee table, you do it.

Being in good company, maybe. Looking at the list of quality contributors banned. Knowing the real reason they were on a short leash. Being aware of the double standards applied. It all adds up to a cheery "Welp, they finally got me too!". 

If you're looking for a quick personal experience, democraticunderground.com is a good place to get the boot for saying what the moderators don't want to hear. 

I'm also of the opinion that it's their site and they can do what they like. But people should also be free to collectively chuckle without being overly disparaging. 

On 11/5/2019 at 8:10 AM, Fnfalman said:

I have no idea.  They didn't tell me what I was spamming.  My best guess is the parody thread I made on Hannie's thread asking GT men about some black leather-like short dress.

There was two days of that going with a TBO thread (something about drinking in a bar armed) as well.  Seems like a weak excuse.

How I've managed to hold on as long as I have I'll never know.  I certainly don't hold back.

Edited by syntaxerrorsix
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, syntaxerrorsix said:

There was two days of that going with a TBO thread (something about drinking in a bar armed) as well.  Seems like a weak excuse.

How I've managed to hold on as long as I have I'll never know.  I certainly don't hold back.

I think that old RussP was looking for an excuse to ban me because I refused to kowtow to his demand that I ceased to attack misogynists.  Or should I say a certain misogynist.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fnfalman said:

I think that old RussP was looking for an excuse to ban me because I refused to kowtow to his demand that I ceased to attack misogynists.  Or should I say a certain misogynist.

Bet I can guess who......

Surface Warfare?