Well, I'm now among the Glocktalk BANNED Brigade

michael_b

18 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

you know you could have just joined here.

don`t have to get the GT boot to be here.

welcome to TBS

I already had an account here. Stopped using it and created another so I’d still have the same username. 

13 hours ago, Paul53 said:

I got banned from GT but was never told why. Guess it was just my turn.

Oh I was told. 

qLH4E8d.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 10/21/2019 at 10:21 AM, SC Tiger said:

I always figured that's what happened to GKL.  

GG would definitely fight back but she wasn't one to cross the line too much.

Yes, I did a very flamboyant, super excessive, couldn't be missed, "I ******* dare you to ban me" post because I'd had enough of certain jackass members being able to spout their bullshit all over the site with no repercussions or warnings, while I got thumped for having a bikini-clad-SELF as my avatar, among other ridiculously banal offenses. ;)

Edit:  The actual reason cited for my banning was "spam".  I may not have been everyone's cup of tea, but even the most hateful had to admit - by God, I generated traffic.  To the point where I was accused - repeatedly - of being a paid shill for the site.

Edited by UnifiedFieldTheory
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, UnifiedFieldTheory said:

Yes, I did a very flamboyant, super excessive, couldn't be missed, "I ****ing dare you to ban me" post because I'd had enough of certain jackass members being able to spout their bull**** all over the site with no repercussions or warnings, while I got thumped for having a bikini-clad-SELF as my avatar, among other ridiculously banal offenses. ;)

Yeah, me, too. They just won't put up with those bikini pics. :(

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 8:24 AM, SC Tiger said:

BGH probably won't like this thread but nevertheless.......

I still wanna know WTF GamerGirl did to get banned.

She never even came close to the line AFAICR.  Granted I didn't see all of her posts but the ones I did see she was very nice.

Not saying it was or wasn't justified since I honestly just don't know.  But it seems odd.

Personally I haven't been over there in a while.

She used factual logic and was unfailingly cordial and polite, even with the most idiotic of posters.  Unfortunately, some folks don't react well to that.

As opposed to the in-your-face-bitch like I was, she preferred to use icy logic on her victims.  Guess some dudes' egos couldn't handle it.

• Like 6

Just now, Wayward Son said:

Don't know. Probably their high maintenance bs.

Fnfalman's only crime was not putting up with racist bullshit when he saw it.  I'm sure a lot of the good old boys thought he was a good old boy like them, but he was actually Asian and excellent at calling out subtle and not-so-subtle racism when he saw it.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, UnifiedFieldTheory said:

Fnfalman's only crime was not putting up with racist bull**** when he saw it.  I'm sure a lot of the good old boys thought he was a good old boy like them, but he was actually Asian and excellent at calling out subtle and not-so-subtle racism when he saw it.

Yeah, I really liked his posts and his honesty. He also did some really good gun reviews.

• Like 3

On 10/21/2019 at 8:07 AM, SC Tiger said:

Hopefully somebody screen-shotted or has a copy of that.  Her rants could be epic.....

Personally I always got along with her though we'd get into it on a few hotbutton topics (just like anyone else).  And FYI she's running around here somewhere. 

GG hasn't showed up to my knowledge.

Hannie from GT was here for a while but left.  Whole 'nother story.  

Maybe she smartened up and got a male persona here 

• Like 3