Well, I'm now among the Glocktalk BANNED Brigade

michael_b

15 minutes ago, SarahMcGlocklan said:

Maybe she smartened up and got a male persona here 

I have to think that here was more going on in GKL's  life than just a smarmy forum, to tempt her to lose it like she did.  There was some real anger there an from it's magnitude, I would guess it was being fed from another source and the forum was just her only means to vent.  I hope she is feeling better.  As many others of us are now.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I have to think that here was more going on in GKL's  life than just a smarmy forum, to tempt her to lose it like she did.  There was some real anger there an from it's magnitude, I would guess it was being fed from another source and the forum was just her only means to vent.  I hope she is feeling better.  As many others of us are now.

Dude

unified field theory = GKL

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I wasn’t referencing her.  I was referencing someone  else.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UnifiedFieldTheory said:

She used factual logic and was unfailingly cordial and polite, even with the most idiotic of posters.  Unfortunately, some folks don't react well to that.

GG's banning baffled almost everyone on GT, me included.  That was a totally BS, turd move.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Wow, brochacho, you know I'm, like...right here and can read this, yes?

And I know this is hard to comprehend, but I bailed out because GT sucked.  Period.

- UnifiedFieldTheory, aka Glock&KimberLady (that's me on the gun in the avatar)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, UnifiedFieldTheory said:

Wow, brochacho, you know I'm, like...right here and can read this, yes?

And I know this is hard to comprehend, but I bailed out because GT sucked.  Period.

- UnifiedFieldTheory, aka Glock&KimberLady (that's me on the gun in the avatar)

Sorry but I didn't realize.  Anyway, it's good to hear you again.  You did write a most memorable script that day.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Dude

unified field theory = GKL

Why on earth would I ever wanna leave GT?  **** like this, to start with.

SHE MUST HAVE BEEN MAD FOR SOME OTHER REASON TO BE AT THAT LEVEL OF ANGRY.  LET'S HAVE AN ONLINE PSYCHOANALYSIS SO WE DON'T HAVE TO LISTEN WHAT SHE SAYS AND WE CAN DRAW OUR OWN CONCLUSIONS ARGLEBARGLE

No, I got tired of GT and its suckage and its mod suckage and its member suckage and finally blew it all the **** up, on my own terms.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, UnifiedFieldTheory said:

Why on earth would I ever wanna leave GT?  **** like this, to start with.

SHE MUST HAVE BEEN MAD FOR SOME OTHER REASON TO BE AT THAT LEVEL OF ANGRY.  LET'S HAVE AN ONLINE PSYCHOANALYSIS SO WE DON'T HAVE TO LISTEN WHAT SHE SAYS AND WE CAN DRAW OUR OWN CONCLUSIONS ARGLEBARGLE

No, I got tired of GT and its suckage and its mod suckage and its member suckage and finally blew it all the **** up, on my own terms.

I did apologize and accept your post.

2 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I did apologize and accept your post.

Ye, however, you opted to decide I must have had some kind of mitigating outside factor to unload GT the way I did.

The honest answer is I got tired of the tide of BS of dealing with a boatload of members and mods who were - to put it succinctly - a bunch of irredeemable assholes who appeared determined to put me in my place because I didn't fit their notion of a kind, warm, nurturing, and (most importantly) compliant woman.

edit:  The fact that GG was banned with no warning and her backstory contributed as well, to be honest.

Edited by UnifiedFieldTheory
  • Like 3

Considering the number of infractions I've gotten, along with a 2 week time out, I'm continually amazed that I'm still there when  see who they have banned. But I have a good idea why in that talking back to 1 specific person, or embarrassing him in front of others, will get you the boot. I also have reason to believe they can look at your PMs.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UnifiedFieldTheory said:

Ye, however, you opted to decide I must have had some kind of mitigating outside factor to unload GT the way I did.

The honest answer is I got tired of the tide of BS of dealing with a boatload of members and mods who were - to put it succinctly - a bunch of irredeemable assholes who appeared determined to put me in my place because I didn't fit their notion of a kind, warm, nurturing, and (most importantly) compliant woman.

edit:  The fact that GG was banned with no warning and her backstory contributed as well, to be honest.

You have to admit that it was epic.

I don't have any expectations of women being warm and nurturing or compliant.  I just expect to be able to converse with them as with any man.  Sex isn't a factor.

Good to hear from you again, ma'am.

I hope this finds your family well.

Now, write a stern, but polite, letter to the IAU (International Astronomical Union) and demand that they restore Pluto's planet status.  :miff:

You know you want to.

:biggrin:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, janice6 said:

You have to admit that it was epic.

I don't have any expectations of women being warm and nurturing or compliant.  I just expect to be able to converse with them as with any man.  Sex isn't a factor.

I figured it was better to pull the trigger on my own killswitch of my own devising than die the death of a thousand tiny sniper shots by people too afraid to admit they were intimidated by a brawly bitch.  It worked, some people were entertained, and I'm the better for it.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Dave514 said:

Considering the number of infractions I've gotten, along with a 2 week time out, I'm continually amazed that I'm still there when  see who they have banned. But I have a good idea why in that talking back to 1 specific person, or embarrassing him in front of others, will get you the boot. I also have reason to believe they can look at your PMs.

As to your last point...you are 1000% correct.  They can, and will use them as evidence to hang you. ;)

• Like 2

I gave up on GT.  I was warned about the mention in one of my post of the word "God", when another thread was devoted (PUN) to religion.  The double standard was no better than present politics.  It was too much to bother with and too biased.

• Like 5