RANT! A scheduled life

NPTim

So I went to a barber shop to get a haircut. They said I’d have to make an appointment. Now BofA strongly prefer you make an appointment to transact almost any business. 
Maybe I’m old, maybe I don’t buy green bananas anymore, but I HATE TO MAKE APPOINTMENTS. 

Where the **** are REAL barber shops? Where you wait your turn for your favorite barber? Where you read field and stream, popular mechanics, guns and ammo. You never waited more than an hour. You talked about cars and broads, hell even politics were discussed, back when civility reined.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, NPTim said:

So I went to a barber shop to get a haircut. They said I’d have to make an appointment. Now BofA strongly prefer you make an appointment to transact almost any business. 
Maybe I’m old, maybe I don’t buy green bananas anymore, but I HATE TO MAKE APPOINTMENTS. 

Where the **** are REAL barber shops? Where you wait your turn for your favorite barber? Where you read field and stream, popular mechanics, guns and ammo. You never waited more than an hour. You talked about cars and broads, hell even politics were discussed, back when civility reined.

If you lived here I'd suggest my Barber Shop. They mostly speak broken English and treat you very well. Not just barbers, more like friends. tom.:599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, NPTim said:

I gave up barbershops a couple decades ago, when I discovered the hawt chicks at the Aveda salon.  You get a frufru oil head, neck, shoulder massage, a shampoo, and a great haircut by a superhawt chick (at least mine is).  Maybe even a glass of wine, or two. ?

• Like 1

I have used a Flowbee since the mid 90's.  By that time a good, old fashioned barber was getting hard to find and I figured, what the hell, why not?  Once you get the hang of it, it cuts very well and gives a good cut. I am now on my third unit and I see the price has gone up about thirty bucks since my last purchase. Regardless, that haircutting system hooked up to a small shop vac has saved me at lease a few thousand dollars.

Interesting side note: We were in Yokohama, Japan, a couple years ago and I was in need of a hair cut. We were walking through China Town near the port and saw a barber sign in an alley. Door was locked but I rang the bell and a Chinese gentleman answered. He spoke very good English and we agreed on a price. It was just like going back to my childhood when I went to the local small town barber for a cut.  Virtually all scissor  cut and when that was complete, out came the straight razor, hot towel, soap mug & brush. Had not had a cut like that in years and would have probably paid double the cost just for the experience.

• Like 2

My barbershop is the real deal.  I can haul in firearms both pistols and rifles to show.  Any one of the barbers usually has a new firearm to pull out and show.  Not have to worry if my CCW weapon prints.  Usually they will ask what I am carrying...  Good place... 

Dave...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I just went to my real barbershop today. I waited about 30 minutes while he finished up one customer and got the guy ahead of me. My barber is about 88 or 89 now so I don't know how much longer he'll be around but I'll stick with him until he is done. 

• Like 3

The last time I went to a Barber shop was when the cost of a hair cut went to $1.75.  That shop did an average of 4 customers an hour and I thought it was ridiculous.  My wife has done my hair ever since.  She want to school for Hair Dressers and I have been her only customer for a lot of years.

• Like 3

I go to a place where you can schedule your appointment same day online or on a phone app. It tells you how many minutes the wait time will be. It's usually under 30 minutes but sometimes a little longer. It's pretty accurate. Most times I walk in and wait less than 5 minutes. The same guy cuts my hair every time.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, janice6 said:

The last time I went to a Barber shop was when the cost of a hair cut went to $1.75.  That shop did an average of 4 customers an hour and I thought it was ridiculous.  My wife has done my hair ever since.  She want to school for Hair Dressers and I have been her only customer for a lot of years.

Can't beat that - your own private hair dresser. Sweet!

• Haha 1

While I used to enjoy the Aqua Velva scented manly banter of the barber shop, I really do enjoy a nice hawt, young, intoxicatingly smelling chick, offering wine and a massage, that actually listens to how you want your hair to look after the snipping is over.  She even cleans up so well, I don't have to rush home and shower the clipped hairs from my face, neck, and back.  Plus, you get chick bewbs rubbed up against you, not man bewbs.

She talks guns better than most of my old barbers.

• Like 2

They used to have a great barbershop here in Phoenix. Staffed only with women, WEARING LINGERIE! Damn I miss that.

the Rams head barber shop in eastgate shopping center. Mr. Dixon (R.I.P.) was my barber. THAT was a barbershop! No appointments, just wait. I miss it with a deep aching pain, a void in my soul.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

While I used to enjoy the Aqua Velva scented manly banter of the barber shop, I really do enjoy a nice hawt, young, intoxicatingly smelling chick, offering wine and a massage, that actually listens to how you want your hair to look after the snipping is over.  She even cleans up so well, I don't have to rush home and shower the clipped hairs from my face, neck, and back.  Plus, you get chick bewbs rubbed up against you, not man bewbs.

She talks guns better than most of my old barbers.

Add in a happy ending and I’m there.

seriously though, NO, I don’t want to give you my name, No, I don’t have an e-mail. NO, I’m not leaving a blood sample and you better ******* not take one anyway. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crockett said:

I saved about $4,500 in the past 25 years, plus opportunity cost for wasted time in traffic, waiting, and whatnot. Takes me 5 minutes every 2 months.

To do what?

That dude in your avatar space get his hair done every day, probably by Luis Rene.

• Haha 1