I Freaking HATE Shopping!

Eric

• Administrators

When did I become such a crotchety old bastard? When I go grocery shopping, especially on the weekend(Like a dumbass), I always leave feeling like I want to beat someone with a hammer. I know I have a temper, but those stores are complete anarchy. Everyone is so damned self-absorbed and self-entitled. They will run into while looking at their damned phones, or look you right in the eye while they cut you off. They just don't care.

I know I am a big part of the equation, in as much as my anger is concerned, but people were not always like this in public. It is natural to view the past through the sepia-toned filter of nostalgia sometimes, but I can't be that wrong about this. People are really getting worse. Excuse me while I go kick something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, tous said:

I hear you, amigo.

I would rather walk barefoot across burning lass than go to the store.

****, I would rather walk across a football field covered with Lego pieces! :greensupergrin:

• Haha 1

I knew a guy in his late 80s who would only shop at like 7 am on a sunday morning.  He shouldn't have even been driving but he would get out every week or two to do his shopping. 

Right now I've got a nasty case of bronchitis and I seriously considered getting in the fat cart at walmart and driving around when I picked up my antibiotics and a couple of other things.  But I have more self respect than that.  I figured I would rather die than be caught in one of those.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah, costco has always been terrible for this.  I was just at a national park and it seemed about 70% of the people there were Japanese who wanted to get a selfie across the heavily traveled path where there wasn't even anything to see.  Did I wait for their pictures?  No, and told my family to do the same.  When we wanted pictures we setup for them out of the way, did them quickly and moved on.  Most people seem unaware anyone else exists.

On a very similar note, I have vowed to trample the next **** head who thinks I am supposed to somehow move out of the way for them because they want to walk 3 abreast on a path just wide enough for 3.  I think I will stare right at them and then say "you better move" from about 10 feet away.  I am not packing 250 pounds around to move for some 80 pound snowflake.

14 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

LOL................  That is why I go grocery shopping early Sunday morning before most are out of the pajamas.  I see the same people most of the time and they are there for the same reason.

Monday morning for me. I have been told by more people than I can count that I was born with out patience's. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PNWguy said:

My local giant grocery outlet place is filled with college students.

At least after they cut you off, you get to ogle a coed's half naked ass.

The closest one to me is a couple miles from Evergreen State College.

Trust me, none of the coeds from there have anything you'd want to look at, and if it does seem reasonably shaped they probably aren't the gender you think they are...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Hinge said:

If they are open, it is between 6 am and 7 am on a weekday for me. If I go later, I want to chock some of them out

I am wary of shopping at times when the elderly ladies will be here. Those ladies will drop your guts on your shoes if you get between them and a good deal or a nice piece of fruit.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Eric said:

When did I become such a crotchety old bastard? When I go grocery shopping, especially on the weekend(Like a dumbass), I always leave feeling like I want to beat someone with a hammer. I know I have a temper, but those stores are complete anarchy. Everyone is so damned self-absorbed and self-entitled. They will run into while looking at their damned phones, or look you right in the eye while they cut you off. They just don't care.

I know I am a big part of the equation, in as much as my anger is concerned, but people were not always like this in public. It is natural to view the past through the sepia-toned filter of nostalgia sometimes, but I can't be that wrong about this. People are really getting worse. Excuse me while I go kick something.

My sentiments exactly!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BamaBud said:

I used to love shopping. Local Publix has more MILFs than you can stand.

Now, I have mobility issues, usually use a cane. I can do without the looks of pity.

When I had my bad knee trouble, I used a folded umbrella as a cane.  I’d sooner have people ask who the idiot was than get pitting looks.  I was young then, and since I have also become a crotchety old man, I’m still that way.  

40 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

Yeah, costco has always been terrible for this.  I was just at a national park and it seemed about 70% of the people there were Japanese who wanted to get a selfie across the heavily traveled path where there wasn't even anything to see.  Did I wait for their pictures?  No, and told my family to do the same.  When we wanted pictures we setup for them out of the way, did them quickly and moved on.  Most people seem unaware anyone else exists.

On a very similar note, I have vowed to trample the next **** head who thinks I am supposed to somehow move out of the way for them because they want to walk 3 abreast on a path just wide enough for 3.  I think I will stare right at them and then say "you better move" from about 10 feet away.  I am not packing 250 pounds around to move for some 80 pound snowflake.

Isn’t 250 rounds maybe just a little much?  

Hawk

I don't enjoy shopping, but it is part of what I do, as I do 99.9% of the cooking.  Whole Foods is always enjoyable with respect to ogling some nice posteriors.  One local supermarket will give you a glass of wine with which to shop.  It is also right next to the college, which also affords one an eyefull of choice spandex clad butts.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

I don't enjoy shopping, but it is part of what I do, as I do 99.9% of the cooking.  Whole Foods is always enjoyable with respect to ogling some nice posteriors.  One local supermarket will give you a glass of wine with which to shop.  It is also right next to the college, which also affords one an eyefull of choice spandex clad butts.

Most of the butts I see while shopping have heads planted in them. I must be going to the wrong stores.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At my local grocery store , here in good ol' Austin, TX, I feel like I'm the only person using my own money to buy groceries.  We live in a very "latin" neighborhood. My wife and I witnessed several people with carts filled with meat, tortillas, sodas, etc. They paid for it using multiple Lonestar cards (food stamps).  When we were leaving the parking lot, we saw them loading it all into a taco truck.  If she would have stopped like I told her, I would have ended up in jail.  

15 minutes ago, Eric said:

I am wary of shopping at times when the elderly ladies will be here. Those ladies will drop your guts on your shoes if you get between them and a good deal or a nice piece of fruit.

Japanese old ladies are treated like royalty.

Shopping around them is frustrating...

IMG_20180929_145850097_BURST001.thumb.jpg.1451ac33c6949a6aa74c15f38609aac8.jpg

i do not go into grocery stores period  my wife goes on wednesday  ,   if she has to go to walmart she goes at 4 am .  i never thought my threshold for dumb people would make my BP  go up . i do 80 percent  delivered  now .  and i do bite the bullet and take my grandkid to the park .   but not for long  and thankfully our church has a giant playground behind it   and we can go play alone lol . 

i have no tolerence for stupid people period . and my wife says i need to not snap back at people  because i CC everywhere. lol  

• Like 1