Random Posting

Eric

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Moshe said:

I have seen that too often.  The most interesting from a macabre point of view is when they to merge by not looking and end up under the semi.  Firestone was the biggest killer for awhile.  A blown tire at highway speeds, head wounds just pour huge amount of blood.

The tires weren't blowing out. The tread blocks were separating, but the tires mostly stayed up. Most of the wrecks happened because the drivers heard a loud noise and did something stupid. Having a tread block separate from a tire should not cause a wreck, in almost any circumstance. Hell, having a blowout should not cause a wreck, in almost any circumstance, if the driver reacts competently.

Firestone got bent over pretty good because of that debacle, which wasn't right. Aside from the fact that the wrecks, most of them, were completely avoidable, the problem was Ford's fault. They were the ones who kept reducing the recommended tire pressure on the Explorers, to improve stability. If you run a tire low on pressure long enough, the rubber will fatigue and fail.

A lot of people were injured and died because Ford would not acknowledge and properly deal with a problem on one of their vehicles and that wasn't the first or last time they dealt with such an issue that way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Eric said:

The tires weren't blowing out. The tread blocks were separating, but the tires mostly stayed up. Most of the wrecks happened because the drivers heard a loud noise and did something stupid. Having a tread block separate from a tire should not cause a wreck, in almost any circumstance. Hell, having a blowout should not cause a wreck, in almost any circumstance, if the driver reacts competently.

Firestone got bent over pretty good because of that debacle, which wasn't right. Aside from the fact that the wrecks, most of them, were completely avoidable, the problem was Ford's fault. They were the ones who kept reducing the recommended tire pressure on the Explorers, to improve stability. If you run a tire low on pressure long enough, the rubber will fatigue and fail.

A lot of people were injured and died because Ford would not acknowledge and properly deal with a problem on one of their vehicles and that wasn't the first or last time they dealt with such an issue that way.

Yeah, either way, lots of dead bodies strewn all over I-35

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Prototyping was quicker with a Wire Wrap...five complete wraps required if I remember correctly.1816127192_BeforesolderingPrototypingwasquickerwithaWireWrap....jpeg.d44bba768e18a929496f44fff19ec80b.jpeg

Still have a little unwrap tool downstairs, came in handy when had to do a fix.

Lord help you if you need to troubleshoot it, though!

HP%205360A%20backplane%20wiring%203-X2.j

HP%205360A%20backplane%20wiring%20and%20

-Pat

Edited by Cubdriver
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

bz-5d0bdd134bfb8.jpeg

1 hour ago, Cubdriver said:

Lord help you if you need to troubleshoot it, though!

HP%205360A%20backplane%20wiring%203-X2.j

HP%205360A%20backplane%20wiring%20and%20

-Pat

Multiply that by 10 or more and you have a Military memory backboard.  I have done design of both wire wrap and PC.  It makes life a bitch till you get it right.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Eric said:

People would **** a brick wall if someone transported a dog like this today. 

BEF968FA-EC00-4E42-BB92-B69C09FCB627.jpeg.f2b80d841d876b41fff822d542beac3d.jpeg

I am not sure.  I have seen many in the back of a pick up truck barking at everything until they jump and become street pizza.  My favorite method is to get a seatbelt clip that hooks into their collar.  That way, they can have the window down, and not become a doggie statistic. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Moshe said:

The Puerto Rican slang for "bus"?  That was started because of Greyhound bus lines, and that sound was for a dog.  It is weird how slang starts.

I think your missing the bigger picture

• Haha 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic