Random Posting

Eric

Getting really tired of "Sale" prices. 50% off of some mythical number that the manufacturer  or store wishes they could sell it for. But I confess I worked in a camera  store long ago and when the Canon AE-1 went  "On Sale" the price  INCREASED BY $2! Yes, I will tell that under oath, hear me Congress? Oil companies?

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Paul53 said:

Getting really tired of "Sale" prices. 50% off of some mythical number that the manufacturer  or store wishes they could sell it for. But I confess I worked in a camera  store long ago and when the Canon AE-1 went  "On Sale" the price  INCREASED BY $2! Yes, I will tell that under oath, hear me Congress? Oil companies?

For years a feature of Times Square area was the perpetual “Going Out of Business” sale provided by numerous stores - often jewelry or electronics or cameras. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul53 said:

I’ve seen worse in retail. Legally. I hated working retail. 

A chain has multiple stores. All the stores except one sells an item at regular price. Say $20.

One store sells it at $40. The other stores can now legally sell it as 50% off at $20. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1