Random Posting

Eric

UK Fisherman Catches Monster 67-Pound Goldfish.

A fisherman from the UK is likely to enter the history books after catching what could be the largest goldfish ever seen or heard of.
The monster fish was caught by 42-year-old Andy Hackett, on 11.21.2022, a Brit from Worcestershire, while fishing at Bluewater Lakes in Champagne, France.
Angler Andy Hackett, 42, spent 25 minutes reeling it in and was delighted when it tipped the scales at just under five stones.
It was 30lbs heavier than what was considered to be the world's biggest goldfish, caught by Jason Fugate in Minnesota, US, in 2019.
The fish, nicknamed The Carrot, is not exactly a true goldfish. Instead, it is a unique blend of two carp species: leather and koi.
‘I knew it was a big fish …” Hackett said. “Then it came to the surface 30 or 40 yards out and I saw that it was orange.
The previous record for a goldfish or variant goldfish species was set in 2019 when an angler in Minnesota hauled in a 30-pound Bigmouth Buffalo believed to be 100 years old. “The Carrot,” a comparatively youthful fish thought to be only 20 years old, officially weighed in at 67.4 pounds.
The good news for The Carrot, besides suddenly becoming famous, is that he is still alive and well. Hackett released the fish back into the lake (after posing for pics, of course), allowing him to gain even more weight so that he can break his own record if he has the misfortune of being caught again.

Goldfish - 67 Lbs. - 'The Carrot'- Bluewater Lakes - Champagne, France - 1.jpg

Goldfish - 67 Lbs. - 'The Carrot'- Bluewater Lakes - Champagne, France - 2.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Schmidt Meister said:

UK Fisherman Catches Monster 67-Pound Goldfish.

A fisherman from the UK is likely to enter the history books after catching what could be the largest goldfish ever seen or heard of.
The monster fish was caught by 42-year-old Andy Hackett, on 11.21.2022, a Brit from Worcestershire, while fishing at Bluewater Lakes in Champagne, France.
Angler Andy Hackett, 42, spent 25 minutes reeling it in and was delighted when it tipped the scales at just under five stones.
It was 30lbs heavier than what was considered to be the world's biggest goldfish, caught by Jason Fugate in Minnesota, US, in 2019.
The fish, nicknamed The Carrot, is not exactly a true goldfish. Instead, it is a unique blend of two carp species: leather and koi.
‘I knew it was a big fish …” Hackett said. “Then it came to the surface 30 or 40 yards out and I saw that it was orange.
The previous record for a goldfish or variant goldfish species was set in 2019 when an angler in Minnesota hauled in a 30-pound Bigmouth Buffalo believed to be 100 years old. “The Carrot,” a comparatively youthful fish thought to be only 20 years old, officially weighed in at 67.4 pounds.
The good news for The Carrot, besides suddenly becoming famous, is that he is still alive and well. Hackett released the fish back into the lake (after posing for pics, of course), allowing him to gain even more weight so that he can break his own record if he has the misfortune of being caught again.

Goldfish - 67 Lbs. - 'The Carrot'- Bluewater Lakes - Champagne, France - 1.jpg

Goldfish - 67 Lbs. - 'The Carrot'- Bluewater Lakes - Champagne, France - 2.png

You beat me to it.  I was going to give it a sort of "there's nothing stranger than reality," or "you just can't make this stuff up" sort of twist. 

• Like 3