Random Posting

Eric

58 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

BTW one of the worst BB infestations our city ever had was traced back to a movie theater. People were getting eggs on their clothes from the seats. 

I haven't been to a movie theater in at least 10 years. My desire to sit in the same room with a bunch of strangers is non existing. Got a large OLED TV and THX certified surround sound system with 2 x 12" subs at home. I doubt a theater is any better. I can eat / drink whatever I want without having to pay stupid prices.

Some kiddos saved AMC (the stock) from tanking last year by overpowering the short selling hedge funds, but I'm positive that AMC will close its doors for good in a couple years.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, tous said:

When the aerospace company I worked for went 'paperless' around 1982, they sold all of the unit record equipment such as card readers, card punches and key punch machines.

I could have had an IBM 129 keypunch or IBM 2501 card reader for about $20.00 each.  Needless to say, they had a lot of them.  Most were stored in warehouses for years and then junked.

I wish I had nabbed a 129, just as a conversation piece.

NB  I was a master at creating control cards for the keypunch machines.

:biggrin:

I wanted a desk for my ham gear so I took a surplus Univac 1107 control console.  the built in CRT was cool but useless.

• Like 1