Random Posting

Eric

Groke?   I like my definition better.
What does the groke represent?

Image result for groke

The Groke is both a live representation of loneliness and a psychological depiction of very lonely people who have a hard time accepting and expressing love in the right way, making them seem cold and scary to others, which, in turn, only leads to more loneliness.

I "Grok" you man...

grok:D
/ɡräk/

verb
INFORMALUS

1. understand (something) intuitively or by empathy.
    "because of all the commercials, children grok things immediately"

Heinlein originally coined the term grok in his 1961 novel Stranger in a Strange Land as a Martian word that could not be defined in Earthling terms, but can be associated with various literal meanings such as "water", "to drink", "life", or "to live", and had a much more profound figurative meaning that is hard for ...

Incredible Story...
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, pipedreams said:

4dfda0b510b5c378.jpg

When I was mid-20's, and visiting home, I announced,  "Hey Dad!  I'm going back to school.  The first semester starts in two weeks."

He put down his drink,  and started getting up and said, "Congratulations! Here.  I've got something for you.",  as he reached towards his back pocket.

Then he whipped out his hand and gave me a firm handshake.  And said, "Work hard."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

When I was 18,  I said, "Dad!  I'm going to Pennsylvania to find a job and live there."

He said, "Great!  Wait...  I've got something for you!  (!)  And he went to the back room and came out with a duffle bag.

And said, "If it doesn't fit in here,  you don't need it."

(Which, looking back,  is a very real piece of advice.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When I was junior high (-ish ?) I had whined too much about it being tooooo cold in the house.  Dad's favorite mantra was, "WELL GO PUT ON A DAMN SWEATER!"

After I broke his threshold,  he told me to go out back and get the biggest armload of wood I could carry.  I know I was in a t-shirt,  probably socks.

And I dashed out....!   in sub-zero....!  and bolted back!  With enough wood to build a cabin!

And Dad had locked the door.

Left me out there for, a good, ten minutes.

When he let me back in,  he said, "Nice and warm now, huh?"

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Sugar or Fructose...........................................  Fructose bad.... E'mm K

I’m really into juicing. Minimum 80% veggies. Maximum 20% fruit. I got a friend into it. He and the girls love it. His wife hates me. She gained a ton of weight. She started with mostly vegetables but kept adding more and more fruit. She was just making fruit smoothies when the girls were at school. Almost like mainlining corn syrup. She still blames me. Sugar is sugar. Doesn’t matter what the source is. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pipedreams said:

01a8ffd7873e7857.jpg

I'm pretty sure the definition of "champion" requires winning, not falling.

Merriam-Webster dictionary agrees with me.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/champion

Full Definition of champion

(Entry 1 of 2)

1: a winner of first prize or first place in competition
//a tennis champion
also : one who shows marked superiority
//a champion at selling
2: a militant advocate or defender
//a champion of civil rights
3: WARRIOR, FIGHTER
//
a champion of his king
4: one that does battle for another's rights or honor
//
God will raise me up a champion— Sir Walter Scott

992637101_1stjump004.jpg.90c553147247fe727840b82d8dc1feb6.jpg

Danny (red) was Airborne and talked us into it.  The little girl thought I was wicked-cool,  with her Sprite. (might have been my daughter?)

As we were walking towards the plane,  fully under Jumpmaster's control,  some Dead-Head looking-guy hurried towards us and grabbed Danny by the shoulders.

He said, "What are you guys doing??"

Huh?

"Are you doing static lines, or AFF?"

Huh?

"We're doing static lines."

Then the guy said, "Well... turn around and get a static line chute on."

• Like 1

I jumped at Aggies Over Texas.

We knew everyone,  and everyone knew you.

On a good day,  you could run the Cessnas (four jumpers) many times each day.  The T-Bo (ten jumpers) would go once, or twice, or none.  Not many people there.

Then I moved to Carolina Sky Sports.  Could be 50 jumpers waiting to board,  50 jumpers on run, 50 jumpers in freefall,  50 jumpers landing.

I knew nobody.  Pretty dangerous.

I immediately noticed no airport. 

Under canopy,  I followed the guy in front of me (I pulled very high),  also solo.

We landed in the middle of some old lady's huge garden.  She was there.

She called us idiots,  and said to close the gate behind us.

We walked to the highway.

A van came by and picked us up.

2 hours ago, janice6 said:

According to my wife, my idea of multi-tasking is to tick off  more than one woman, at one time.

Disclaimer:  I love my wife with all my heart and she for some odd reason, loves me too.  I tend to say things for the laugh but, I'd never trade her for anything.  So please just bear with me.

5 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Disclaimer:  I love my wife with all my heart and she for some odd reason, loves me too.  I tend to say things for the laugh but, I'd never trade her for anything.  So please just bear with me.

She standing behind you, right now? :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1