Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

1970 Mercury Cyclone GT 429 SCJ 4-Spd Drag Pak - Numbers Matching - 1 Of 73 Built

This recently rotisserie-restored 1970 Mercury Cyclone GT shows just 15,392 miles on the odometer, and is one of only 73 built with the Super CJ 429 Engine/Drag Pak, according to the included Elite Marti Report. It retains its matching numbers engine, which has been bored and stroked to 533-cubic inches.
An ‘A Plan’ vehicle, it was ordered by an employee of Ford or the selling dealership, Sesi Lincoln Mercury in Ypsilanti, Michigan.” Options include the Drag Pak that delivered the 3.91:1 Traction-Lok rear axle and the special components that comprise the Super Cobra Jet 429 big-block V8. Also specified were the four-speed close-ratio manual transmission, power-assisted brakes with front discs, Goodyear G78x14 belted white sidewall tires, instrumentation group, electric clock, AM radio, dual rear seat speakers, tinted glass, courtesy lights, and a rear window defogger. The car was spectacularly re-finished in its original color of code-D Competition Yellow
Details of the vehicle’s life are unknown because the long-term owner passed away.” From the information gathered, this car only had 15,000 original miles prior to the nut-and-bolt restoration. Its previous and current title states ‘actual mileage.’” This is the first time it's been listed for sale.

1970 Mercury Cyclone GT 429 SCJ 4-Spd Drag Pak - Numbers Matching - 1 Of 73 Built - 1.jpg

1970 Mercury Cyclone GT 429 SCJ 4-Spd Drag Pak - Numbers Matching - 1 Of 73 Built - 2.jpg

1970 Mercury Cyclone GT 429 SCJ 4-Spd Drag Pak - Numbers Matching - 1 Of 73 Built - 3.jpg

1970 Mercury Cyclone GT 429 SCJ 4-Spd Drag Pak - Numbers Matching - 1 Of 73 Built - 4.jpg

1970 Mercury Cyclone GT 429 SCJ 4-Spd Drag Pak - Numbers Matching - 1 Of 73 Built - 5.jpg

• Like 2

• Administrators

I always loved the look of the Fiat X1/9. I just always wished it had more power and more dependability. They solved the problem with this one, by transplanting a Honda V-Tec engine into it. Now if they could just transplant in some rust protection. I bet it is a lively ride with that V-Tec though.

1-57-1024x682.webp

5-16-1024x682.webp

2-53-1024x682.webp

3-48-1024x682.webp

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eric said:

I always loved the look of the Fiat X1/9. I just always wished it had more power and more dependability. They solved the problem with this one, by transplanting a Honda V-Tec engine into it. Now if they could just transplant in some rust protection. I bet it is a lively ride with that V-Tec though.

1-57-1024x682.webp

5-16-1024x682.webp

2-53-1024x682.webp

3-48-1024x682.webp

Here is some info on the VTEC engine:

https://www.fastcar.co.uk/tuning/honda-vtec-tuning-guide/

16 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

1970 Mercury Cyclone GT 429 SCJ 4-Spd Drag Pak - Numbers Matching - 1 Of 73 Built

This recently rotisserie-restored 1970 Mercury Cyclone GT shows just 15,392 miles on the odometer, and is one of only 73 built with the Super CJ 429 Engine/Drag Pak, according to the included Elite Marti Report. It retains its matching numbers engine, which has been bored and stroked to 533-cubic inches.
An ‘A Plan’ vehicle, it was ordered by an employee of Ford or the selling dealership, Sesi Lincoln Mercury in Ypsilanti, Michigan.” Options include the Drag Pak that delivered the 3.91:1 Traction-Lok rear axle and the special components that comprise the Super Cobra Jet 429 big-block V8. Also specified were the four-speed close-ratio manual transmission, power-assisted brakes with front discs, Goodyear G78x14 belted white sidewall tires, instrumentation group, electric clock, AM radio, dual rear seat speakers, tinted glass, courtesy lights, and a rear window defogger. The car was spectacularly re-finished in its original color of code-D Competition Yellow
Details of the vehicle’s life are unknown because the long-term owner passed away.” From the information gathered, this car only had 15,000 original miles prior to the nut-and-bolt restoration. Its previous and current title states ‘actual mileage.’” This is the first time it's been listed for sale.

1970 Mercury Cyclone GT 429 SCJ 4-Spd Drag Pak - Numbers Matching - 1 Of 73 Built - 1.jpg

1970 Mercury Cyclone GT 429 SCJ 4-Spd Drag Pak - Numbers Matching - 1 Of 73 Built - 2.jpg

1970 Mercury Cyclone GT 429 SCJ 4-Spd Drag Pak - Numbers Matching - 1 Of 73 Built - 3.jpg

1970 Mercury Cyclone GT 429 SCJ 4-Spd Drag Pak - Numbers Matching - 1 Of 73 Built - 4.jpg

1970 Mercury Cyclone GT 429 SCJ 4-Spd Drag Pak - Numbers Matching - 1 Of 73 Built - 5.jpg

A lot of those cars from that era, could easily produce enough power to exceed the cars and drivers handling abilities.

The manager of the warehouse our trucks pulled out of was a bit of a collector and had a Mustang with a 390 in it is probably worth a mint today.

The car was a blast to drive when everything was right, but the weigh of that 390 wore out A frame bushings and ball joints on a regular basis, and a sloppy front end on that car was absolutely scary!

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 7:33 PM, Schmidt Meister said:

1956 Chevrolet 210 Two-Door Handyman Station Wagon. 350 OHV V8 - Complete Rotisserie Restoration.

1956 Chevrolet 210 Two-Door Handyman Station Wagon - 350 OHV V8 - Complete Rotisserie Restoration - 1.jpg

1956 Chevrolet 210 Two-Door Handyman Station Wagon - 350 OHV V8 - Complete Rotisserie Restoration - 2.jpg

1956 Chevrolet 210 Two-Door Handyman Station Wagon - 350 OHV V8 - Complete Rotisserie Restoration - 3.jpg

1956 Chevrolet 210 Two-Door Handyman Station Wagon - 350 OHV V8 - Complete Rotisserie Restoration - 4.jpg

1956 Chevrolet 210 Two-Door Handyman Station Wagon - 350 OHV V8 - Complete Rotisserie Restoration - 5.jpg

1956 Chevrolet 210 Two-Door Handyman Station Wagon - 350 OHV V8 - Complete Rotisserie Restoration - 6.jpg

1956 Chevrolet 210 Two-Door Handyman Station Wagon - 350 OHV V8 - Complete Rotisserie Restoration - 7.jpg

The guys that owned those cars were absolute ass holes to young new service station attendants. They would usually let them make 3 or 4 laps around the car before falling out the drivers door laughing and then showing them where the cap was.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Prototype or Custom? That was not a production model. Exhaust, gas cap, bumpers, lights, mirrors are all different. 

This may be a explanation to why the car is different.

If you're the impatient type, you can buy this Porsche reimagined by Singer instead of sitting on a massive waitlist. But it'll cost you.

Like all Singers sold so far, the car is based on a 964 chassis but comes with all-new carbon bodywork and an immaculately uprated interior. Everything, from the brakes, to the suspension, to the chassis, has been totally revamped using the highest-quality equipment.

porsche 911 reimagined by singer

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a39260943/porsche-reimagined-by-singer-for-sale/

This one, offered for sale by a dealership called Collectors Garage in Grosse Pointe, Michigan, is priced at a hefty $1.1 million.

Given the high-back seats, panel door on the starboard side and the fact that it probably runs, I reckon it's late 1960s, early 1970s and not British.

I wonder how long the rear doors lasted before they got dinged and dented to heck with no bumper back there.

Didn't the Ford Transport own the utility vehicle market in Britain?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, tous said:

Given the high-back seats, panel door on the starboard side and the fact that it probably runs, I reckon it's late 1960s, early 1970s and not British.

I wonder how long the rear doors lasted before they got dinged and dented to heck with no bumper back there.

Didn't the Ford Transport own the utility vehicle market in Britain?

The van is an Opel, but Bedford is in the name as well. Bedford is a British truck & van manufacturer. It looks like something Bedford would build. I'm guessing it was a collaborative effort between the two companies.

• Thanks 1