Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

6 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

Yes. Which would mean that it probably had the straight 8 flathead because the first Pontiac V8 didnb't come out until 1955.

Have found it curious that Pontiac used flathead 6s and 8s while Chevy and GMC pickups used OHV 6s and Buick used OHV straight 8. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Have found it curious that Pontiac used flathead 6s and 8s while Chevy and GMC pickups used OHV 6s and Buick used OHV straight 8. 

Yes. Buick developed an OHV engine back in the 30's. But flat heads ran good and made almost as much power back in the days of low compression engines, and were cheaper to manufacture. The Buick straight 8's made more power not just becasue of better breathing but because of larger than average cubic inch displacement and the Hudson flathead six for the same reason.

• Like 4

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, DAKA said:

That car has a sinister look

The first time I saw a Bucciali I was eleven or so. The first thing that popped into my head was the Loony Tunes gangster below (No idea why) and I started laughing. The adults staring admiringly at the car looked at me like my cheese had just slid off my cracker. Every time I've seen a Bucciali (Or a pic of one) since, I've thought of that and smiled.

MV5BZTc1OTBhYWUtMzkwMy00YzlmLTg0YWUtY2VmMWEzOGE4ZjJiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODQyMTA1Mjg@._V1_.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2023 at 9:29 AM, pipedreams said:

1958 Edsel Bermuda Wagon

e296aa6528663a2a.png

0413da3a414da816.png

cecf153eb86f64fb.png

1a87f64491ab4950.png

I remember when they came out.  Big Edsel dealer in town.  God help me they were ugly to me back then and they still are- Had some interesting engines though!

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 4:19 PM, Borg warner said:

I like watching some of these videos on youtube where they show engine conversions. This one especially appealed to me because I love those old Triumph TR4's and would love to have one with a small block Ford V8 (Narrower than a Chevy small block) the engine in this video is an 80's 5.0 with no modification except they put a carburetor on it in place of the factory EFI. i would like to have a car like this except I'd probably buy one that was already converted rather than doing it myself or having it done. But I love the color of tne car in teh picture but not the cut down windshield and no bumpers. Also don't know if I like racing number on the car. I kinda do but I kinda don't.

The video goes into a little more detail than necessary so I fast-forwarded it in a few places.

Friend at work had one like this.  A real monster but not too practical in a state with 1/2 year of Winter.  He switched to Formula V for fun.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Borg warner said:

the 1969 was the best looking Camaro and the 427 was the best engine option, although the high-winding Z28 302's were nice, too. I also like the color and the rally wheels.

I’ve thought that the 1968 Firebird was the best looking of the three early Pontiacs which shared bodies with same years Camaros. Would happily accept any of the six as a gift! ;-))

• Like 1

5 hours ago, railfancwb said:

I’ve thought that the 1968 Firebird was the best looking of the three early Pontiacs which shared bodies with same years Camaros. Would happily accept any of the six as a gift! ;-))

I liked the 68 Firebird but not the 69. But I liked the 1970-73 Firebirds best of all and never liked the 74 and later "Smokey and the Bandit" Firebirds.

1972-pontiac-formula.jpg

• Like 5