Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

13 minutes ago, Eric said:

This is an unusual color scheme, but I think it works on this car. I like it.

336656695_146098385089650_4466202799278002987_n.jpg

336651838_904487264092735_3528989984416235386_n.jpg

Is that a Ford or a Mercury?

At first glance I wanted to hate it, but you're right.

It grows on you.

It would look better with a white top, i think.

edit:  just looked it up.

It's a Meteor Niagara, a Canadian marque, but still basically a Ford.

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, tous said:

Is that a Ford or a Mercury?

At first glance I wanted to hate it, but you're right.

It grows on you.

It would look better with a white top, i think.

edit:  just looked it up.

It's a Meteor Niagara, a Canadian marque, but still basically a Ford.

There was a Mercury Meteor, but Meteor was also a marque of cars offered by Ford of Canada, from 1949 to 1976. This car is a 1956 Meteor Rideau Sunliner. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1937 GAZ-M1 'Hyperion' Truck Garage Premium Off-Road Builds

Truck Garage in building the ‘Hyperion’ retained the steel bodywork of the GAZ-M1, while the passenger compartment and mechanical components have all been updated and bolted to the chassis of a 4x4 Jeep Wrangler. The ‘Hyperion’ was then fitted with new parts including 35" Nitto knobby tyres, Brembo disc brakes, a Warn winch and KC’s LED lighting system.
In 1932, the Soviet Union, thanks to a commercial agreement with the Ford Motor Company, built its first mass-produced passenger car, the GAZ-A. It was derived from the 1931 Ford Model A and was built up until 1936; selling several thousand specimens.
However, in 1933 the Soviets decided they wanted to build the most technologically advanced car in the world, and it was decided to build it based on the new Ford Model B. After three years of experimentation, the new GAZ-M1, was finally presented at the 1937 Paris Expo. The car was built until 1943 with more than 62,000 units produced.

The video shows the previous creation of the Truck Garage, ‘Elisa’ AND the ‘Hyperion.’

1937 GAZ-M1 'Hyperion' Truck Garage Premium Off-Road Builds - 1.jpg

1937 GAZ-M1 'Hyperion' Truck Garage Premium Off-Road Builds - 2.jpg

1937 GAZ-M1 'Hyperion' Truck Garage Premium Off-Road Builds - 5.jpg

• Like 3

The Satellite was Plymouth's entry in the B body series for muscle car stardom. Released with a 383 Roadrunner V8 in 1968 along with basic high perf drive train in a lightweight coupe body, the Plymouth Roadrunner was a hot seller. The model gained popularity during the 60s with many viewing 1970 as the high water mark for hot styling and performance. When the 1971 re style appeared, Roadrunner was shorter, chunky and had a NASCAR inspired sleek body. Sales weren't as strong due to high insurance premiums. Factory support behind auto drag racing was falling off as well. Chrysler pulled out of sponsoring NASCAR and NHRA teams that year. The hemi engine disappeared as a factory option by 1972.
The Satellite was reconfigured as a sporty GT car and emphasis was laid on styling, comfort and an impressive array of options. The Roadrunner gained the GTX model as a big block and trim option featuring the 440 four barrel. The Satellite Sebring was a step up trim model between Satellite and the premium trim Roadrunner model. 1974 was a end run year, the Satellite body was only given minor updates mainly for emissions and safety compliance. The series trim level started with Satellite, Satellite Custom, Roadrunner occupied the performance end while Sebring and Sebring Plus took care of the premium trim series.
Another new package was the Sundance coupe which offered a unique set of graphics on the hood and sail panels and a special interior to coordinate with the metallic gold paint. It was a Spring Promo based on the Sebring Plus model. The Sundance option gave you a special interior with white vinyl bolsters and Sundance pattern cloth inserts on door panels and seats. The exterior received Sundance sail panel decals, grille header panel decal. Although metallic browns were the most common colors found on Sundances, cars have been made in other colors such as white, black and light blue.
Supposedly they only made about 300 of them, but actual figures from Plymouth do not appear to exist and they weren't seriously sought after, so  they were almost forgotten.

1974 Plymouth Satellite Sundance

1974 Satellite Sundance - 1.jpg

1974 Satellite Sundance - 2.jpg

1974 Satellite Sundance - 3.jpg

1974 Satellite Sundance - 4.jpg

1974 Satellite Sundance - Advertisement.png

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

I was going to bitch at Jay for wearing the same outfit all the time but I realized I do the same so NO PROBLEM! :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

Me too. I have like 3 different shirts and 3 different and pants and they all pretty much go together and since there's no one I feel like I need to impress anymore, I'm good with those. My wife is the only one I'll put on anything else for and she really doesn't care about what I wear ... she says 'it's what you say and do that matters.'

• Like 6