Trophy Wives…

4 minutes ago, jmohme said:

Nobody can.

My husband could, and did.  

He has me.  He says I'm his trophy...

...for winning the race to insanity.

In other commentary, I wouldn't actually argue with that article.  The man has a point.  Also, money is just a shorthand for fitness in terms of the ability to support a family.  Everyone gets all bent out of shape about that "Oh she just married him for his money". Well, duh, if you are beautiful enough to have any man you want, why wouldn't you pick a rich one instead of some broke dude still living in his mother's basement?

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

And just to be fair, it's kind of stupid to pick on men with "trophy wives" because, if you have enough money to have just about any woman you could want, why wouldn't you choose a beautiful one instead of an ugly one?  It's not like being beautiful means not having any of the other requirements you might have for a woman who would make a good wife.  You can find beautiful women who know how to make you a sandwich...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Yes, but are there beautiful women who can hand load 100 .45 ACP cartridges the day before the big match?

And not complain later about breaking a nail?

:biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

His opinion of trophy wives doesn't mesh with mine.  To me, a trophy wife is a woman that knows she is an equal to her mate and has the dedication to the family and the spouse that he has to her.  It has nothing to to with appearance.

A woman, any woman, that qualifies as a trophy wife, is the bulwark of the family and the mutual attraction between spouses has little to do with superficial appearances but more to do with a well oiled machine, the family.  

Both work together, and support each other to reinforce the family.  This is the strength of unity that bonds families together against all odds.  Appearance only lasts a few years while mutual dedication lasts for a lifetime.

I consider my wife a trophy wife in every sense of the word.  I know absolutely that she will back me up against any threat as I will do for her.  She does her best at making a home and children that know they are the best they can be.  Not necessarily the best of everything, but the best they can be.  It's a different thing.

I feel that I couldn't have achieved my dream vocation without my wife's concerted efforts to help and promote me.  I think my wife realizes that my dedication to her is unending and I will defend her and my family to the death.  

This is what a true trophy wife is and what she contributes to the family unit.  Without her, there is no unified front for the family.  There is the nurturer and the defender.  That's it.  Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder has never been so true.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

Don't know about all that, but being a trophy husband is exhausting.

I confess that on occasion I have felt the need to point out to other persons that I am the younger of us, and that I therefore represent the stereotypical trophy husband.  Upon further questioning by the other persons, they soon find out the there is about 4 weeks difference in our ages.  And! I am younger.  Ergo, the trophy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, tous said:

Yes, but are there beautiful women who can hand load 100 .45 ACP cartridges the day before the big match?

And not complain later about breaking a nail?

:biggrin:

Now your talking about REAL WOMEN, not shells of a woman.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

And just to be fair, it's kind of stupid to pick on men with "trophy wives" because, if you have enough money to have just about any woman you could want, why wouldn't you choose a beautiful one instead of an ugly one?  It's not like being beautiful means not having any of the other requirements you might have for a woman who would make a good wife.  You can find beautiful women who know how to make you a sandwich...

3 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

My husband could, and did.  

He has me.  He says I'm his trophy...

...for winning the race to insanity.

In other commentary, I wouldn't actually argue with that article.  The man has a point.  Also, money is just a shorthand for fitness in terms of the ability to support a family.  Everyone gets all bent out of shape about that "Oh she just married him for his money". Well, duh, if you are beautiful enough to have any man you want, why wouldn't you pick a rich one instead of some broke dude still living in his mother's basement?

If you understand that your money is the attraction and not you, then fine.  However, I fear that money can be as elusive as beauty through the years.

Beauty is that person that believes in you and supports you even when you are pressed for finances.  Real beauty will ride to the halls of hell with you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

We all makes our choices  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, there is no debating someone's net worth.  I am sure there are beautiful women externally who also make a good wife but I bet they are few and far between.  The comparison can be made to talented athletes.  Both usually grow up being served and having things handed to them in life to make their lives easier.  I am speaking in general terms.  I am sure some guys would also say as the external beauty increases, so does the crazy factor.  Again, speaking in generalities.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I have one of those...(and I'll make my own sandwich, thank you)

And It's NOT (only) about money, being a NICE guy helps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

And just to be fair, it's kind of stupid to pick on men with "trophy wives" because, if you have enough money to have just about any woman you could want, why wouldn't you choose a beautiful one instead of an ugly one?

If a man had enough money to have any woman he wanted, why wife her up at all?  Look at Leonardo DiCaprio.  He trades them in for a newer model on their 25th birthday.  Always a fresh supply with his kind of wealth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, janice6 said:

I confess that on occasion I have felt the need to point out to other persons that I am the younger of us, and that I therefore represent the stereotypical trophy husband.  Upon further questioning by the other persons, they soon find out the there is about 4 weeks difference in our ages.  And! I am younger.  Ergo, the trophy.

Yea, LostWife is 2 years and 11 months older than me. Not 3 years, and don't forget it. :anim_lol: She is still my hero.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Good work if you can get it. I’m more of a charity case. 

Same here any more. After my change of life, she does the working and I take care of the homestead. I keep expanding it, so I better. LOL It only takes me most of the day to do a normal person's hour or two worth of chores.

She is getting ready to throw in the towel later this year on work. Her career path has been so volatile the past few years here I think she is ready.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LostinTexas said:

Yea, LostWife is 2 years and 11 months older than me. Not 3 years, and don't forget it. :anim_lol: She is still my hero.

If we’re going by age, I am not the trophy- he is, in fact, my trophy husband, by 11 months and a week.  There are 3 weeks during the year when I am not reminded that I robbed the cradle and I treasure those weeks!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, minderasr said:

If a man had enough money to have any woman he wanted, why wife her up at all?  Look at Leonardo DiCaprio.  He trades them in for a newer model on their 25th birthday.  Always a fresh supply with his kind of wealth.

I guess that depends on whether he actually wants a wife, or just short term ornament, and whether the one he wants is willing to fill the role he prefers.  DiCaprio is icky. Imho

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

If we’re going by age, I am not the trophy- he is, in fact, my trophy husband, by 11 months and a week.  There are 3 weeks during the year when I am not reminded that I robbed the cradle and I treasure those weeks!

LostWife says she married a younger man to take care of her. Well that didn't work out the way she thought.9_9

• Haha 5