The official solar eclipse thread

TBO

• Administrators
2 hours ago, ChuteTheMall said:

Blinded by the light

8lwfes.jpg

I grew up thinking that song was saying, "Revved up like a douche." It wasn't until a few years ago that I saw a You Tube video of the song with lyrics that I learned different. That guy needs to work on his pronunciation.

• Like 4

• Administrators

"And little Early-Pearly came by in his curly-wurly" ??? That guy was high AF when he wrote that song.

Edited to add: I just looked it up and Blinded By The Light is actually a cover of a Bruce Springsteen song. In fact Manfred Mann's version is the only song ever written by Springfield to reach number one on the American Billboard charts. Now there is a kick in the ass for the boss. And FWIW, Springsteen's original version of the song said, "Cut loose like a deuce", rather than, "Revved up like a deuce." I wonder if he did any better pronouncing 'deuce'?

• Haha 2

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Eric said:

"And little Early-Pearly came by in his curly-wurly" ??? That guy was high AF when he wrote that song.

Edited to add: I just looked it up and Blinded By The Light is actually a cover of a Bruce Springsteen song. In fact Manfred Mann's version is the only song ever written by Springfield to reach number one on the American Billboard charts. Now there is a kick in the ass for the boss. And FWIW, Springsteen's original version of the song said, "Cut loose like a deuce", rather than, "Revved up like a deuce." I wonder if he did any better pronouncing 'deuce'?

And here is Springsteen's version. It is a VERY different song. MMEB kicked his ass on this one.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Eric said:

And while we are on the subject, what the hell is a Go-Kart Mozart? 

There are those that say that Bruce Springsteen is a great song writer.. I say BS (see what I did there B|)

But as for Go-Cart Mozart..............

images.jpeg.3ae3c525b1c7f255e216567127bb5c5b.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Eric said:

And here is Springsteen's version. It is a VERY different song. MMEB kicked his ass on this one.

The springsteen version was horrible. So bad that it is amazing that Manfred Mann was even able to salvage it.

• Like 3

There is nothing I can say, it's a total eclipse of my ❤️ 

Actually, there is a lot I can say but will keep it short.  1. I am so freaking tired of hearing about it. 2. The amount of visitors we had today at church was unbelievable. I guess out of towners came to visit.  3. I plan on working and have no desire to see it. 4. You get the same result every day, we call it nighttime. 5. What IF a terror group could pinpoint a high concentration of Americans at a specific place and specific time for an attack?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, jmohme said:

The springsteen version was horrible. So bad that it is amazing that Manfred Mann was even able to salvage it.

Am I the only one....that stopped singing along every time they play a Springsteen song?

• Like 3

I will be on I-44 between Tulsa, and Springfield, Mo. during the eclipse.  If I leave early enough I could be in Springfield although it won't be epicenter it should have good coverage.

• Like 4