Major terrorist attack in Moscow, Russia

Fog

Reports say dozens killed when muslim terrorists opened fire with automatic weapons at a concert hall.

As george bush would say "Islam is a religion of peace" so I guess that makes this "just a peaceful demonstration."

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, FullClip said:

Don't think Putin will worry about any ACLU lawsuits when he deals with the terrorists.

He didn't in the past.

Some years back at a security conference they showed us a bunch of video of Russia dealing with Chechnya. It was brutal. I've seen plenty in my time, but that is some of the worst. It was that way on purpose, it made a point. Chechnya has behaved ever since.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Eric said:

Why isn't the sign in Cyrillic? I notice that a lot in footage from Russia. Just curious.

_132995063_015db7e9ddc64edde0da777ebcdda71a61e7946b-2.jpg.webp

The way it was explained to me is that places where tourists spend money want the signs in english because so many speak it as a second language. They are not from english speaking countries, but a huge percentage of the world speaks it.

Notice that all the smaller signs lower down are not in english, same for the vehicles. 

• Like 4

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Fog said:

The way it was explained to me is that places where tourists spend money want the signs in english because so many speak it as a second language. They are not from english speaking countries, but a huge percentage of the world speaks it.

Notice that all the smaller signs lower down are not in english, same for the vehicles. 

It amusing me that a nation that espouses such a fundamental, deep-seated contempt of everything we stand for has been so influenced by our culture. Even in the darkest days of the Cold War, western blue jeans were one of the most popular items on the Soviet black market.

• Like 4

• Administrators

Given what Putin has showed himself to be capable of, it would not surprise me if this attack were engineered to lay at the feet of the Ukrainians, or another of the countries he covets, as justification to move against them. Even if he had nothing to do with it, he isn't the sort to let a perfectly good tragedy go to waste. He will use this to further his interests.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Eric said:

Given what Putin has showed himself to be capable of, it would not surprise me if this attack were engineered to lay at the feet of the Ukrainians, or another of the countries he covets, as justification to move against them. Even if he had nothing to do with it, he isn't the sort to let a perfectly good tragedy go to waste. He will use this to further his interests.

Kinda' like the Dems here..."

You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.

Rahm Emanuel

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/rahm_emanuel_409199

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

• Administrators

I was just thinking, they need to get a spotlight to shine the outline of a big fat slob into the night sky, so that Steven Seagal can be called into action when this sort of thing occurs. They could call it the Fat Signal. It is going to take a shitload of spandex to outfit him though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Eric said:

I was just thinking, they need to get a spotlight to shine the outline of a big fat slob into the night sky, so that Steven Seagal can be called into action when this sort of thing occurs. They could call it the Fat Signal. It is going to take a shitload of spandex to outfit him though.

It's true, you know!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Eric said:

It amusing me that a nation that espouses such a fundamental, deep-seated contempt of everything we stand for has been so influenced by our culture. Even in the darkest days of the Cold War, western blue jeans were one of the most popular items on the Soviet black market.

They jelly.  What every govt wants - a capitalist market the govt can control,.kinda like now.  You gotta work fast, the windows of opportunity close when the money stops coming in.  

• Like 4

• Administrators

Love or hate the Ukrainians, but few people would call them idiots. The only way they are going to survive this war is by maintaining the moral high ground. If they lose that, their international support evaporates. Russia, on the other hand, is in real need of something that can be used to rally their people around Putin and his war. Who has the most to gain by this terrorist attack? Who has the most to lose?

• Like 1

Between them I'm not sure either side has any moral high ground. Ukraine is corrupt as the day is long and they have treated civilians very badly whenever they get the chance, to say nothing of their own people who are being killed simply for saying they don't like the sawed off runt dictator they are stuck with.

But the muslim terrorist scum is still somehow far worse than both of them combined. 

Don't know if the muslims were really "running for Ukraine". If they were smart they were running in all directions. But being a terrorist sort of precludes being smart, so maybe they were, maybe they were told to. ISIS would love nothing more than to stir up war between western powers.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eric said:

Love or hate the Ukrainians, but few people would call them idiots. The only way they are going to survive this war is by maintaining the moral high ground. If they lose that, their international support evaporates. Russia, on the other hand, is in real need of something that can be used to rally their people around Putin and his war. Who has the most to gain by this terrorist attack? Who has the most to lose?

So, you're thinking maskirovka?

Sort of like Hitler burning down the Reichstag?

• Like 2

• Administrators
3 hours ago, tous said:

So, you're thinking maskirovka?

Sort of like Hitler burning down the Reichstag?

I think that Putin has well proven himself to be a liar and a murderer and I distrust anything he has to say. I do not think Ukraine had anything to do with this attack and I do think Putin will spin it any way he likes, to further his agenda. Trusting him to inform the world on the facts of this attack is like trusting HAMAS to provide accurate information on the casualties Palestinians have suffered. Neither has any credibility and both deserve the same fate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2