Supreme Court rules unanimously for US Constitution

HaHaHaHaHa! Even the commies agreed!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-rules-unanimously-for-trump-in-colorado-ballot-disqualification-dispute

Supreme Court rules unanimously for Trump in Colorado ballot disqualification dispute

Supreme Court decision to affect more than 30 states that have considered challenges to remove Trump from 2024 ballot

Published March 4, 2024 10:07am EST | Updated March 4, 2024 10:10am EST

The U.S. Supreme Court sided unanimously with former President Trump in his challenge to the state of Colorado’s attempt to kick him off the 2024 primary ballot. 

The high court ruled in favor of Trump's arguments in the case, which will impact the status of efforts in several other states to remove the likely GOP nominee from their respective ballots. 

The court considered for the first time the meaning and reach of Article 3 of the 14th Amendment, which bars former officeholders who "engaged in insurrection" from holding public office again. Challenges have been filed to remove Trump from the 2024 ballot in over 30 states. 

"We conclude that States may disqualify persons holding or attempting to hold state office. But States have no power under the Constitution to enforce Section 3 with respect to federal offices, especially the Presidency," the Court wrote.

The state of Colorado had argued that because they determined Trump’s behavior related to 2020 election interference – culminating with the Jan. 6 Capitol riots – amounted to an "insurrection," he should be removed from the state’s ballot. 

In more than two hours of spirited, often tense arguments last month, the nine justices asked tough questions of both sides about whether the president or a presidential candidate is exempt from the constitutional provision adopted after the Civil War.

Justice Brett Kavanaugh spoke for colleagues when saying they were confronting "difficult questions."

Former President Donald Trump in New Hampshire

Former U.S. President Donald Trump points to supporters at the conclusion of a campaign rally at the Atkinson Country Club on Jan. 16, 2024, in Atkinson, New Hampshire. (Brandon Bell/Getty Images)

"When you look at Section 3, the term insurrection jumps out," Kavanaugh said. "And the questions are, what does that mean? How do you define it? Who decides? Who decides whether someone engaged in it?" 

Kavanaugh noted the courts looked at these questions in an 1869 decision, known as "Griffin's case," which found that an act of Congress was necessary to enforce the 14th Amendment's ban on insurrectionists holding federal office.

SUPREME COURT TO HEAR TRUMP BALLOT REMOVAL CASE OUT OF COLORADO

Supreme Court sketch trump case

Supreme Court Justices hear arguments from Trump attorney Jonathan Mitchell.  (William J. Hennessy, Jr.)

"These are difficult questions, and you look right at Section 5 of the 14th Amendmentm ... and that tells you Congress has the primary role here," Kavanaugh said. "I think what's different is the processes, the definition, who decides questions really jump out at you when you look at Section 3."

Chief Justice John Roberts questioned Colorado’s attorney Jason Murray about the "consequences" of the state’s position. 

TRUMP HOLDS LARGE LEAD OVER HALEY 4 DAYS FROM SOUTH CAROLINA GOP PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY

"What do you do with consequences of your position? There will be disqualification proceedings on the other side, and some will succeed in very quick order, I would expect that a goodly number of states will say whoever the Democrat is, you're off the ballot," he said. "It would then come down to a small number of states deciding the election. That's a pretty severe consequence."

• Like 7

It was so obvious even the "justice" that can't tell us what a woman is knew it was a losing issue for "her side".

They'll try to sneak something through the house or senate next.

Bigger issues coming and I have no faith in the court, they are weaklings. 

• Like 4

Now what? Having won this victory, Trump proceeds to: Option 1) Trump appreciates his hard won victory and uses a bit of caution to avoid another stressful situation like that, or Option 2) Trump feels vindicated and celebrates with so much unbridled rhetoric that the Federal Government must set limits. More legal action results.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Paul53 said:

Now what? Having won this victory, Trump proceeds to: Option 1) Trump appreciates his hard won victory and uses a bit of caution to avoid another stressful situation like that, or Option 2) Trump feels vindicated and celebrates with so much unbridled rhetoric that the Federal Government must set limits. More legal action results.

What did Reagan say about party unity?

• Like 1

• gwalchmai changed the title to Supreme Court rules unanimously for US Constitution

Now all that's left is Trump being granted presidential immunity and we can finally stick a fork in this.  Any guesses on how many times the Dems will bring impeachment to Trump during his second term?  I'm betting twice a month. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Maser said:

Now all that's left is Trump being granted presidential immunity and we can finally stick a fork in this.  Any guesses on how many times the Dems will bring impeachment to Trump during his second term?  I'm betting twice a month. 

Not as long as we hold on to the House. And if we lose it we're in Deep State **** anyway. ;(

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Valmet said:

Pleasantly surprised by the news- just means Dems will have to try a bit harder to steal this one. 

Makes me wonder what their strategy is. If it's what many claim, that the left realized a patchwork of states might hurt their chances, why bring the case in the first place?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Not as long as we hold on to the House. And if we lose it we're in Deep State **** anyway. ;(

Granted the articles won't make it to the senate, but you know the Dems will try as often as they can.  I should've worded my post to say how many times will they try to impeach him this time around. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Makes me wonder what their strategy is. If it's what many claim, that the left realized a patchwork of states might hurt their chances, why bring the case in the first place?

I think in some ways "the left" isn't so much organized as they are all fanatical. Now I think they are also desperate, they fear they won't be able to steal it again. They know the country fought back last time and hates their guts and it scares them.

They are throwing anything at the wall and praying something sticks.

(Hehehe, "praying", I crack myself up.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Fog said:

I think in some ways "the left" isn't so much organized as they are all fanatical. Now I think they are also desperate, they fear they won't be able to steal it again. They know the country fought back last time and hates their guts and it scares them.

They're praying to Gaia, the earth goddess. :S

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fog said:

Communism is a religion. 

• Like 1