Recycling What a joke

DAKA

Just don’t worry about it. In 4,000,000,000 or so years the sun will run out of hydrogen and start burning helium. Then carbon and iron will form and the sun will expand beyond the orbit of Mars. The earth itself will become part of the sun. The ultimate recycling program. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Maser said:

People won't be good just  because you ask them to be good.  They will be good only if you pay them for it.  It's a sad fact,  but nonetheless, a true one.  People will only respond well when they are closely monitored.  This has been proven time after time by testing.

Certainly not all, but is seems a large percentage of municipalities and others use "Recycling" for revenue, they charge you extra, and it all ends up in the dump anyway. 

This has been exposed on many levels for quite some time. Too bad, but it seems to be pretty wide spread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, LostinTexas said:

Certainly not all, but is seems a large percentage of municipalities and others use "Recycling" for revenue, they charge you extra, and it all ends up in the dump anyway. 

This has been exposed on many levels for quite some time. Too bad, but it seems to be pretty wide spread.

The trash hauling companies also get paid more for going along with the scam, pretending to keep stuff separated until they reach the dump.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, minderasr said:

Anyone want to guess what they do with the sludge from sewage treatment plants?

A large majority of it is used by composting facilities.

That's right. the compost you are buying to use in your garden was made with among other things, human waste.

Windrow-Composting.jpg.4538da9b307272a64614a920f738527d.jpg

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, jmohme said:

A large majority of it is used by composting facilities.

That's right. the compost you are buying to use in your garden was made with among other things, human waste.

Windrow-Composting.jpg.4538da9b307272a64614a920f738527d.jpg

In other times and places this was called night soil. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jmohme said:

Something about him has always annoyed me, but that was pretty good.

Probably just his smugness.  Personally, I feel he's earned the right to be able to **** on the Left for what it has become.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maser said:

Probably just his smugness.  Personally, I feel he's earned the right to be able to **** on the Left for what it has become.   

Probably, but I am ok with anyone shitting on the left.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jmohme said:

Something about him has always annoyed me, but that was pretty good.

Something......... right......I'll bet he's an obnoxious prick  He has that look and seemingly that attitude 

Pay to see hm....HA  I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.. Same fo the rest of those useless "celebrities"

OOPS now I've done it

:eric:                         :bringit: 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DAKA said:

Something......... right......I'll bet he's an obnoxious prick  He has that look and seemingly that attitude 

Pay to see hm....HA  I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.. Same fo the rest of those useless "celebrities"

OOPS now I've done it

:eric:                         :bringit: 

He is literally the last Hollywood Liberal who supports freedom of speech and is against censorship and PC culture.  Shame his writers are still on strike because I love watching him **** on Leftists and the woke culture every week.

• Like 1

We insured a tire recycler in Indianapolis for several years.  He told me that name brand tires like Michelin, Dunlop were set aside-all others went to the tire shredder- and bundled together.  They were then sent to another company that shipped them to Mexico and Central America.  Recycle owner said high end brand tires, no matter how worn they were would sell to consumers in these countries as status symbols.

He also told me most of the shredded tires ended up in the landfill.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Pogey Bait said:

We insured a tire recycler in Indianapolis for several years.  He told me that name brand tires like Michelin, Dunlop were set aside-all others went to the tire shredder- and bundled together.  They were then sent to another company that shipped them to Mexico and Central America.  Recycle owner said high end brand tires, no matter how worn they were would sell to consumers in these countries as status symbols.

He also told me most of the shredded tires ended up in the landfill.  

A cement factory nearby cooked limestone into cement, by burning coal. At one time they blended shredded tires into the coal. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2023 at 9:50 AM, minderasr said:

Anyone want to guess what they do with the sludge from sewage treatment plants?

Detroit burns it.

Not even to make electricity.  Just to get rid of it.

Stinkiest plant you'll ever smell.  Gaggingly stenchy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Batesmotel said:

We have a plant here next to the dump that recycles used motor oil. They use the bacteria in pig manure to break it down. If the wind is right it blows into the gun range I work at. Unbelievably bad smell. 

I had a remote non-magnetic test site in the middle of nowhere, that I used to drive to to test Super Conducting Sub Sensors. 

Just before I got to the site I had to pass by a large Pig Farm.  For about two miles through winding dirt roads I had to try to hold my breath.

You're right!  The stench was so overpowering it wanted to make you gag and or throw up.  Apparently they had a very large pit for feces and waste.  Sometimes it would make you eyes water if the wind was right.

Some of the tight turns went through a grove of trees.  One day I was going slowly through the trees and just at the end of a very tight turn, there was a Skunk standing in the middle of the road licking up some road kill.  It faced me and stood its tail on end and went back to licking.

I was trapped for about 5 or ten minutes between the horrible stench of the Pig farm, and a skunk 10 feet from me that was cocked and ready to fire.

I learned humility that day and waited for the Skunk to finish.  It looked at me and slowly walked into the brush.  I was lucky to survive an encounter with such a vicious animal.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, janice6 said:

I had a remote non-magnetic test site in the middle of nowhere, that I used to drive to to test Super Conducting Sub Sensors. 

Just before I got to the site I had to pass by a large Pig Farm.  For about two miles through winding dirt roads I had to try to hold my breath.

You're right!  The stench was so overpowering it wanted to make you gag and or throw up.  Apparently they had a very large pit for feces and waste.  Sometimes it would make you eyes water if the wind was right.

Some of the tight turns went through a grove of trees.  One day I was going slowly through the trees and just at the end of a very tight turn, there was a Skunk standing in the middle of the road licking up some road kill.  It faced me and stood its tail on end and went back to licking.

I was trapped for about 5 or ten minutes between the horrible stench of the Pig farm, and a skunk 10 feet from me that was cocked and ready to fire.

I learned humility that day and waited for the Skunk to finish.  It looked at me and slowly walked into the brush.  I was lucky to survive an encounter with such a vicious animal.

CAUGHT Between a Skunk and Pig ****    :rolling_eyes:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, janice6 said:

We had a client with a pig farm near Birmingham. They had a thing called a rendering pit, which got pretty loud about this time of year. They were always telling tales of guys falling into that thing. Most survived but I'm not sure they wanted to.

• Like 1