Perfect Jobs

Eric

Security Evaluation. An acquaintance worked with a government contractor for the State Department. His job was to do independent security checks on civilian areas where foreign nationals would be staying or visiting.

Mostly the families of low to medium level diplomats. Hotels and restaurants were the main interests but tourist attractions and amusement parks were also in his tasks.

Good pay and he ate some great food all over the country.

• Like 2

The perfect job is when you can transform your hobby into a successful business.

For me it was a double. I retired my toolboxes and started a photography business. it was a double, because I incorporated it into my wife and daughters hobby of show horses. Since 2008, I have been a very busy equestrian event photographer. For me, the perfect job!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, DAKA said:

Did it mattress tester include a "partner"?:chatter:

Yeah, but it was a union shop, so the partner was a big sweaty Teamster named Frank. Frankie to his friends. 

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

One of the best I ever had was an Alpha tester for Kodak. When the original Tmax-100 film was in development I was on a team that got to test it. We had no information on the film except Kodak suggested an ASA of 100 and gave us an unknown developer to test along with HC-110, D-76 etc.

We got tons of film and chemistry and a travel budget. We got to push the film to its limits then write a report of our findings. They made some changes to the emulsion based on our findings then had a different group Beta test it.

When the film went on sale they gave us hundreds of rolls to take to Germany when the wall came down.

• Like 7