Russian civil war

Fog

• Administrators

That guy is going to end up backing up to a wall to pose for some rifle fire if he isn't careful. I can't believe he hasn't already been dealt with. Putin is vulnerable and having that sort of public challenge to his authority is very dangerous.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Talking to a friend and he thinks it might be a trap for Ukraine. Theory is that Russia pretends to be having a war, gives up some ground, then turns around and crushes the Ukrainians that moved into what is basically no mans land.

I personally think that is too involved to be a Russian tactic.

• Like 4

This might have something to do with the issue.

Wagner Chief Claims Russia Killed ‘Huge’ Number Of Troops In Strike At Wagner Camp, But Russia Denies Attack

Yevgeny Prigozhin, the head of the mercenary organization known as the Wagner Group that has been a critical force supporting Russia’s military throughout its invasion of Ukraine, claimed Russia’s military killed a “huge” number of Wagner paramilitaries in an attack on a Wagner Group camp, as the war in Ukraine drags on and as tensions escalate between the paramilitary group and Moscow.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianbushard/2023/06/23/wagner-chief-claims-russia-killed-huge-number-of-troops-in-strike-at-wagner-camp-but-russia-denies-attack/?sh=4b4b2d05d28c

Lot's of info out there about this subject.

www_cbc_ca.ico
The head of the Russian private army Wagner has again broken with the Kremlin line on Ukraine, saying its goal of demilitarizing the country has backfired, acknowledging Russian troops have...
www_bbc_com.ico
The Wagner Group (officially called PMC Wagner) was first identified in 2014, when it was backing pro-Russian separatist forces in eastern Ukraine. At that time it was a secretive organisation ...
www_theguardian_com.ico
Nuzhin, 55, had been serving a 24-year prison sentence for a murder he committed in 1999 when he was freed in July and conscripted into Wagner, a notorious military group run by Yevgeny...
www_rferl_org.ico
March 11, 2023 20:09 GMT By Andrei Krasno The graves of mercenary fighters for Russia's Wagner group in a cemetery near the village of Bakinskaya in the Krasnodar region. (file photo) The...
www_theguardian_com.ico
Russia’s FSB security service has opened a criminal case for armed mutiny against Wagner’s Yevgeny Prigozhin after the mercenary chief accused the Russian military of targeting his forces and ...
www_theguardian_com.ico
Pjotr Sauer Mon 5 Jun 2023 06.16 EDT Last modified on Mon 5 Jun 2023 12.37 EDT Yevgeny Prigozhin’s Wagner group of mercenaries has captured a Russian commander, as the notorious leader...
www_washingtonpost_com.ico
Yevgeniy Prigozhin, founder of the Wagner mercenary group, leaves a cemetery in Moscow on April 8, before the funeral of a Russian military blogger who was killed in a bomb attack in a St ...
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

My question is always… what can we learn from this incident…?

Or, what are we supposed to think we learned.  The Propaganda coming out of the Ukraine and Russia is overwhelming, and our own government is complicit in it .  I'm choosing to not believe anything till I see either the Ukraine lay down their American arms, or the Russians laying down their Chinese arms. America has no arms to lay down it all went to the Ukraine........  We are defenseless.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paul53 said:

Putin pardoned the Wagner Chief. Isn't that usually so he'll relax and drink the poison?

High probability. He crossed a kgb col. This leads to neither long life, or peaceful retirement. 

If you let him slide, someone else is gonna try.

• Like 3

The latest word if true.

Putin scammed the world by faking the coup to fool NATO and eliminate disloyal high ranking military inside Russia without protests from other officials. The ploy also duped Ukraine into advancing, thinking Russia was weak, thus revealing their entire offensive.
If that’s what he did it was a genius military tactic that will go down as one of the greatest moves in military history.

image.png.ee1d593c55dc7d0ce784f50839a78c2a.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

The latest word if true.

Putin scammed the world by faking the coup to fool NATO and eliminate disloyal high ranking military inside Russia without protests from other officials. The ploy also duped Ukraine into advancing, thinking Russia was weak, thus revealing their entire offensive.
If that’s what he did it was a genius military tactic that will go down as one of the greatest moves in military history.

image.png.ee1d593c55dc7d0ce784f50839a78c2a.png

I have wondered about this from the get go. 

Ukraine said they were just going to wait and see, but actually they started moving forward into areas that seemed recently abandonded by Wagner soldiers. I'm sure they tried to be careful, that is the chances one takes in war, you can't afford to wait and you can't move too soon.

It has some of the hallmarks of Turkey.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2023 at 2:47 PM, pipedreams said:

As the search for reliable information continues, allegations are emerging that the United States is working behind the scenes.  Some say the CIA convinced Prigozhin to turn against the Russian President. 

If we are, it isn't Biden's doing. He doesn't even know what day it is, or where to exit the stage while he holds his hand out shaking hands with imaginary people.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Fog said:

I have wondered about this from the get go. 

Ukraine said they were just going to wait and see, but actually they started moving forward into areas that seemed recently abandonded by Wagner soldiers. I'm sure they tried to be careful, that is the chances one takes in war, you can't afford to wait and you can't move too soon.

It has some of the hallmarks of Turkey.

Our government and bureaucracy is populated entirely by corrupt, professional, blatant liars.

Why would anyone ever think that other countries are different?

Someone, somewhere is making a ton of money from this so-called insurrection.

Mebbe we should send Putin Nancy Pelosi to get to the bottom of it.

:upeyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, tous said:

Our government and bureaucracy is populated entirely by corrupt, professional, blatant liars.

Why would anyone ever think that other countries are different?

Someone, somewhere is making a ton of money from this so-called insurrection.

Mebbe we should send Putin Nancy Pelosi to get to the bottom of it.

:upeyes:

Mebbe we should just send and not care what Putin does with her.:biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I understand I might be prejudiced by living through the Viet Nam days, but it seems like: Wars continue as long as there's money to be made and poor to be sacrificed. Both sides lie about casualty numbers, who's winning, and much, much more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2