Russian civil war

Fog

On 6/24/2023 at 5:06 PM, Mrs.Cicero said:

My question is always… what can we learn from this incident…?

"Europe has a set of primary interests, which to us have none, or a very remote relation. Hence she must
be engaged in frequent controversies, the causes of which are essentially foreign to our concerns. Hence
therefore it must be unwise in us to implicate ourselves, by artificial ties, in the ordinary vicissitudes
of her politics or the ordinary combinations and collisions of her friendships or enmities." :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

• Like 2

On 6/26/2023 at 7:57 AM, gwalchmai said:

"Europe has a set of primary interests, which to us have none, or a very remote relation. Hence she must
be engaged in frequent controversies, the causes of which are essentially foreign to our concerns. Hence
therefore it must be unwise in us to implicate ourselves, by artificial ties, in the ordinary vicissitudes
of her politics or the ordinary combinations and collisions of her friendships or enmities." :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

George Washington?

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 7:41 AM, Paul53 said:

I understand I might be prejudiced by living through the Viet Nam days, but it seems like: Wars continue as long as there's money to be made and poor to be sacrificed. Both sides lie about casualty numbers, who's winning, and much, much more.

Nothing new under the sun, it seems. Eisenhower warned the nation to beware of the military-industrial complex.

Much earlier…

https://ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.pdf

Had he known then what we know now, Ike no doubt would have warned of the medical-industrial complex as well. 

• Like 5