Tucker Carlson leaves Fox News

Borg warner

Hope everyone has drinks today to celebrate the death of Fox.  It was a long time coming, but finally here!  Now we can all continue watching Tucker without having to give click revenue to that fake news channel. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Valmet said:

I def didn’t see that one coming but was overjoyed to read that Lemon got the boot. 

Once he was caught making disparaging remarks about older women, that was the death knell.  Not even teh gheyness can save him.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fnfalman said:

Probably being a contributor to Fox News losing $800 million dollars has something to do with it.  

He really had nothing to do with that, it was an iquisition anyway and they never should have settled, it was a pretty easy win.

Anyway he was one way they could afford to pay it. 

Other options would be...

He was letting guests tell the truth on vaccines.

They have another lawsuit pending that more directly involved Tucker, fox will likely cave on that also.

He told the truth about J6 and that is not liked by the deep state at all. Fox stopped him from telling the rest of the truth.

• Like 4

I think Joe Rogan makes $20 million a year with his podcast.

I'm thinking that Carlson will fall into something very lucrative.  Also, does this mean that there will now be a part 2 to the analysis of the 40,000 hours of January 6th videos? 

Perhaps something that will stand up to the Ray Epps lawsuit in court?

Inquiring minds want to know. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, minervadoe said:

I think Joe Rogan makes $20 million a year with his podcast.

I'm thinking that Carlson will fall into something very lucrative.  Also, does this mean that there will now be a part 2 to the analysis of the 40,000 hours of January 6th videos? 

Perhaps something that will stand up to the Ray Epps lawsuit in court?

Inquiring minds want to know. 

The CEO of One America News already offered Tucker $25 million.

https://timesofsandiego.com/business/2023/04/24/oan-might-pay-tucker-carlson-25m-to-join-san-diego-based-outlet-ceo-says/

• Thanks 3

Yesterday I was listening to Sean Hannity on my car's AM radio and Hannity kept saying he really didn't know what happened with Fox news and Tucker Carlson and since he didn't know both sides of the story, he wasn't going to comment. He said that over and over for the length of the show. I think he was just being very careful trying not to offend Fox.

Fox Dumps Tucker to Go Woke

Self-sabotages to appease the Left.

by Jeffrey Lord April 24, 2023 The American Spectator                    

So the stories are everywhere. Rupert Murdoch fired Tucker, according to the Los Angeles Times. nBut in all of the chaos, make no mistake. No less than New York Sen. Chuck Schumer, the Senate Democrat leader, and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez — the Left’s favorite fascist — demanded that Tucker be fired. Tucker had seriously answered the leftist racist malarkey that is the building block of the American Left. Now, Fox has bowed the corporate knee and done what the farthest left politicians in America demanded. In short, Fox has gone woke.

What a disgrace. Without question, Fox has managed to self-sabotage in spectacular fashion. In the torrent of outrage following Tucker’s departure, Fox’s stock got clobbered. As reported here at Bloomberg:

Tucker Carlson’s Fox News Exit Erases $507 Million in Value

Class A shares in Fox Corp. tumble as much as 5.4% Monday

Carlson Tonight had an audience of over 3.7 million at times

Over there at her podcast, the Megyn Kelly Show, Megyn Kelly, a former Fox star herself, let loose, as Mediaite noted: Mediaite reported that Kelly said: "This is a terrible move by Fox but it’s a great thing for Tucker Carlson. I don’t know what drove Fox News to make this decision, and it was clearly Fox News’ decision because they’re not letting him say goodbye.” Kelly said. “That’s my supposition. That’s not inside knowledge.”“The irony here is that — how did they get in trouble with Dominion? They called Arizona too soon, felt their critics, and ultimately that proved to be the case. They were under pressure by their audience to reverse the call.”“The audience started to leave them in droves because they felt betrayed. Like they didn’t understand the mission of Fox News, which is to be fair to especially the Republicans who don’t get a fair shake on other channels. And they went into a panic as their audience started to flee. Then they over-corrected by covering the bullshit claims about Dominion as though they were plausible and gave way too much credence to some of those claims on the air,” she explained.

“He was not the reason for that $800 million settlement.” claimed Fox. “So what do they do now in the wake of that settlement? They get rid of Tucker. Talk about misjudging your audience yet again,” Kelly said. “I think this is a massive error. I think this is a massive misjudgment of what their audience wants. If you are — this is a reaction to the Dominion lawsuit — Why is Maria Bartiromo there? Why is Jeanine Pirro still there? Why is (Fox CEO) Suzanne Scott still there?” Kelly asked.

Ouch. What boggles the mind is that all the dumping on Tucker over the course of his show was coming from the Left. And Fox has now bowed the knee. Full disclosure here, I am a Newsmax contributor. With that on the table, I have to say that a caller named Judy summarized the results of Fox’s action expertly when she called into the Clay Travis and Buck Sexton Show to say that she was done with Fox and was moving to Newsmax because of Tucker’s firing. One suspects Judy is not alone. In fact, Newsmax CEO Chris Ruddy issued this statement following the Fox statement on Tucker’s release.

The headline: Newsmax’s Ruddy: Fox Moves Establishment with Tucker Departure  The statement said:

Christopher Ruddy, CEO of Newsmax issued the following statement following Tucker Carlson’s departure from Fox News:

“For a while Fox News has been moving to become establishment media and Tucker Carlson’s removal is a big milestone in that effort,” Newsmax CEO Christopher Ruddy said. “Millions of viewers who liked the old Fox News have made the switch to Newsmax and Tucker’s departure will only fuel that trend.”

Bingo. Rest assured that the ripples from this large rock dropped into the pool of the American media will be rippling out for a considerable time to come. It is stunning to see Fox be so utterly clueless and taunting to its own audience. Fox News was once a great answer to the hardcore Left that so controls the “mainstream” American media.

And now, sadly, Fox appears to have gone woke.

At the end of the day, as a mere day’s worth of news has revealed, the only thing hurt here is Fox itself.

Sad.

• Like 2

In the wake of Tucker Carlson’s departure from Fox News, a speech that he gave after his final show aired drew attention on social media.

“You look around and you see so many people break under the strain under the downward of whatever this is that we are going through. And you look with disdain and sadness as you see people you know become quislings. You see them revealed as cowards. You see them going along with the new, new thing which is clearly a poisonous thing, a silly thing,”

“You know, saying things you know they don’t believe because they want to keep their jobs. If there’s a single person in this room who hasn’t seen that through George Floyd, COVID, and the Ukraine war, raise your hand? Oh nobody? Right. You all know what I’m talking about.”

“And you’re so disappointed in people. You are. And you realize that the herd instinct is maybe the strongest instinct. I mean, it may be stronger than the hunger and sex instincts, actually. The instinct, which again, is inherent to be like everybody else and not to be cast out of the group, not to be shunned.”

“But you look around and you see these people and some of them really have paid a heavy price for telling the truth and they are cast out of their groups whatever those groups are but they do it,” he said later in his speech. “Anyway, I look on at those people with the deepest possible admiration,”  “I’m paid to do that. I face no penalty. Someone came up to me, ‘You’re so brave.’ Really?!?! I’m a talk show host.”

“It’s like I can’t have any opinion I want. That’s my job. That’s why they pay me. It’s not brave to tell the truth on a cable news show and if you’re not doing that you’re really an idiot, you’re really craven. You’re lying on television? Why would you do that? You’re literally making a living to say what you think and you can’t even do that, please.”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/heres-tucker-carlsons-speech-delivered-after-last-fox-news-show_5220677.html?utm_campaign=socialshare_email

• Thanks 2

Fed Up Fox Nation Subscribers Cancel Subscriptions, Leaving with Tucker Carlson

Following Tucker Carlson’s surprising departure from Fox News, the news channel has faced some consequences for letting go their most popular host.  Fans of Carlson began canceling their subscriptions to Fox Nation.

It is apparent many people only consumed media from Fox News because of Tucker Carlson.  Social media users took to Twitter, voicing their anger with Fox News showing screenshots of their Fox Nation subscription cancelations.  Michelle Maxwell said, Just canceled my #FoxNation subscription! FU ⁦@FoxNews #TuckerCarlson was the only reason I still watched!!”

https://theamericantribune.com/fed-up-fox-nation-subscribers-cancel-subscriptions-leaving-with-tucker-carlson/

• Like 3

70251103-12015801-image-a-36_16825086692

Carlson looked unphased by their glee as he left his secluded Gulf Coast home and headed out for date night, smiling broadly, and dressed in a smart, blue button-down shirt and khaki pants.

70251107-12015801-image-a-41_16825086693

Dad-of-four Carlson zoomed off in a golf cart without elaborating on reports that he was 'blindsided' by Monday's shock announcement that he was 'parting ways' with Fox - despite being the network's biggest prime-time star.

DailyMail.com understands that he spent Tuesday huddling with right-hand man Justin Wells - who lost his executive producer gig - as the cable news veterans plotted their next move.

Former Fox host Glenn Beck and Jeremy Boreing, the founder of conservative media company, The Daily Wire, have both said they'd love to offer a job to Carlson, who courted controversy by arguing against US involvement in the Russia-Ukraine conflict and rejected the notion that January 6 was an insurrection.

Sources say, however, that Carlson is unlikely to make any significant moves while powerhouse Hollywood attorney Bryan Freedman negotiates his exit package with Fox Corp brass.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12015801/Gleeful-Tucker-Carlson-tells-DailyMail-com-future-plans.html

• Like 1