Y'all ever run into bicyclists?

gwalchmai

They are a MAJOR PIA, on Route A1A in the southern Palm Beach area the road is so narrow in places, and no way to make it wider, its damn dangerous for both bikes and cars...

also too often the bikers (both motor and pedal) get an "attitude" and want to take over the entire road....but if they happen to RUN INTO YOUR CAR it's YOUR fault

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Gunboat1 said:

It's not bicyclists that are the problem.   It's entitled, unstable bitches like that one.

Entitled, unstable people seem to gravitate towards bikes as a mode of self expression and forcing their inner child on others.

Just today...

Long straight stretch of rural road. One lone bicycle going South at less than half the posted speed. He is riding up the middle of the lane, the road had a paved shoulder past the white line, you know, a bicyle lane, but whatever.

I move into the oncoming lane to pass him, he swerves into the oncoming lane to stop me from passing him. WTF? I slowed down, but didn't stop closing the distance, then he moves back into his lane.

I went on my way. No idea what that was all about. Clearly a wrong move on his part, but I can't think what he thought he was doing, besides breaking the law.

Bicyles do crazy stuff like that on a fairly regular basis, I encounter it several times a year. So people who say it's just a small percentage may be right, but it's way too many of them overall.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

Most cyclists are great. But we have a couple roads here that they LOVE. They have basically claimed them and will not share with cars. It has caused auto-bike,  auto-auto crashes and a few good fist fights. 

Train horn in the KW moves them right out of the way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Walt Longmire said:

Train horn in the KW moves them right out of the way.

They like to bust off passenger side mirrors and blow past school busses with red lights flashing here. I can think of more appropriate measures than a horn. And I was an avid cyclist and team triathlon guy. I never treated cars like a few new guys do. This is just on a few routes they want as bike only roads. 

• Like 2

They need to decide whether they’re pedestrians or vehicles. Too often they want to be both. When you’re passing them they think they’re a vehicle and deserve the entire lane, fine. But when you’re stopped at an intersection suddenly they’re a pedestrian, lane splitting and ignoring traffic signals and stop signs, or traveling in packs and blocking intersections until they all pass through.

Leftover coffee out the window is a good go to.

• Thanks 1

I used to ride. Loved it in fact. I was very careful and courteous to cars, even stopping in a driveway or wide spot so they could pass easily on narrow rural roads. 

Basically I rode to enjoy myself, not to make a point, I wasen't in a hurry, if I had been I wouldn't ride my bicycle!

I gave that up years ago. The other cyclists ruined it, they wanted me to join their gang. They were rude to cars and cars got rude in return.

I also got older and more into cars and trucks and didn't need to ride a bike so "Why bother?"

Still ride on trails and the headlands in fields. Just for old times sake.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Walt Longmire said:

We have pedestrian/bike paths, and yet many idiots still insist on using the highway.

They do that here too, complain that the people walking makes it too hard for them to ride safely. The DUH is so big with them they can't see it.

• Like 1