The New Z06

Eric

• Administrators

The new Z06: a 5.5L naturally aspirated, quad-cam, 32-valve, flat plane crank beast, with an 8,600rpm redline and 670hp! The only thing missing is a manual trans option. :angryfire: And no, it doesn't have to have that hang glider attached to the back. That is an option with their performance package.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ferrari clone for 1/3rd of the price. I have been trying to figure out if I like the new Z06 our not, and I'm indifferent. Its a great car for sure, and a great deal compared to European sportscars, but now its missing something. Its not American anymore. I was on the C8 waiting list and passed my allocation on when it was delayed the 4th time. By that time the newness had worn off. If I ever want a mid engine again, it will be another 911 (had a windowmaker in the mid 90s). That being said, anything fast makes zero sense in the US. Coming from the German autobahn with no speed limits for the most part, going 70 MPH in a car that can go almost triple that speed, is a big fat joke.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, crockett said:

That being said, anything fast makes zero sense in the US. Coming from the German autobahn with no speed limits for the most part, going 70 MPH in a car that can go almost triple that speed, is a big fat joke.

Good point. That's still a very nice car, though.

Some people are doing some insane things with the current C8.  This one makes - I think - ~1500 ~1000 HP using a twin turbo setup that mounts behind the rear bumper.

The girl leaning on it is the owner and her shop built it.

maxresdefault.jpg

BTW - the girl is the owner and builder.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

Some people are doing some insane things with the current C8.  This one makes - I think - ~1500 HP using a twin turbo setup that mounts behind the rear bumper.

The girl leaning on it is the owner and built it.

maxresdefault.jpg

Nope. Not 1500 HP, not even close. More like 800. The C8 ECM is still not hacked and can't be tuned.

They use a Diffie-Hellman 2048/SHA-256 ECM/TCM and that is not a STATIC security implementation, it is currently un-crackable by even the best in the aftermarket tuning world. Current estimates to crack Diffie-Hellman 1024 is 35,000,000 core years. It would take 35 million CPU cores 1 year to crack a single key exchange, and the key exchange is unique for each VIN. Chevy is trying everything to destroy the aftermarket tuning scene, together with the EPA.

They have to use workarounds and pickbacks on the sensors to trick the drivetrain into a little more power.

She only ran a 9.39 in the quarter mile. A 1500 HP Vette would be in the low 7s.  That's a totally different world.

This is a properly tuned C7 on a hacked ECM with around 1200 to the wheels. It runs mid 7s.

3 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

Some people are doing some insane things with the current C8.  This one makes - I think - ~1500 HP using a twin turbo setup that mounts behind the rear bumper.

The girl leaning on it is the owner and built it.

maxresdefault.jpg

She didn't build it. She has people for that. She's just a face and tits for the camera.

On 10/27/2021 at 10:48 AM, crockett said:

Nope. Not 1500 HP, not even close. More like 800. The C8 ECM is still not hacked and can't be tuned.

They use a Diffie-Hellman 2048/SHA-256 ECM/TCM and that is not a STATIC security implementation, it is currently un-crackable by even the best in the aftermarket tuning world. Current estimates to crack Diffie-Hellman 1024 is 35,000,000 core years. It would take 35 million CPU cores 1 year to crack a single key exchange, and the key exchange is unique for each VIN. Chevy is trying everything to destroy the aftermarket tuning scene, together with the EPA.

They have to use workarounds and pickbacks on the sensors to trick the drivetrain into a little more power.

She only ran a 9.39 in the quarter mile. A 1500 HP Vette would be in the low 7s.  That's a totally different world.

This is a properly tuned C7 on a hacked ECM with around 1200 to the wheels. It runs mid 7s.

I re-read the article on it and it appears they've hit ~1000 hp - or that's the claim.  Not sure if they were there when she made the record run though (which I think has been broken twice).

I think 1500 was the goal, but I was also thinking the stock C8 made more power than it does. 

They also keep breaking stuff on the car.  

I expect you'll see people putting older-gen LT engines in these things - if they'll fit - to get more power.  Or someone will create a standalone ECU that replaces the GM one.  I would think there is more potential in a tuned and built LT1 vs a non-tunable LT2.

And I'm sure it will fit.  If you can stuff an LS into a Porsche 911....

On 10/27/2021 at 1:54 PM, M&P15T said:

She didn't build it. She has people for that. She's just a face and tits for the camera.

I think she's a little more than that, but she is quite good at that.  She ain't ugly.  And she draws attention.

Honestly though her channel is a mass of stupidity, yelling, and an occasional car part being spotted.  I don't really watch it.

33 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

I re-read the article on it and it appears they've hit ~1000 hp.  Not sure if they were there when she made the record run though (which I think has been broken twice).

I think 1500 was the goal, but I was also thinking the stock C8 made more power than it does. 

I expect you'll see people putting older-gen LT engines in these things - if they'll fit - to get more power.  Or someone will create a standalone ECU that replaces the GM one.

I think she's a little more than that, but she is quite good at that.  She ain't ugly.  And she draws attention.

Honestly though her channel is a mass of stupidity, yelling, and an occasional car part being spotted.  I don't really watch it.

I watch a ton of YT automotive channels, so it kicked up one short video where she admitted she does almost 0 work on the car(s).

Not that I care, she's cashing in and laughing her butt all the way to the bank.......so good for her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SC Tiger said:

I re-read the article on it and it appears they've hit ~1000 hp.  Not sure if they were there when she made the record run though (which I think has been broken twice).

I expect you'll see people putting older-gen LT engines in these things - if they'll fit - to get more power.  Or someone will create a standalone ECU that replaces the GM one.

I saw a couple of her videos over the time and never subbed. She has no in-depth clue and the channel sells clickbait and tits. In one video they claim 1400 PLUS HP, the dyno screen shows 1150. Only toolbags brags with assumed HP at the crank. On top of that, I don't know what dyno (let alone settings) they run, but I call 100% bullshit on 1150 to the wheel. Their dyno doesn't even offer any C8 presets and they run on a C7.

image.png.02cbbcaa1d38843d0eff9a458a57dfc1.png

After that claim they ran the 9.39. Thats the time of a stock ZR1 with 755 HP to the crank.

1400 at the crank my ass. That's a channel for kids that like to fap online.

1 hour ago, M&P15T said:

I watch a ton of YT automotive channels, so it kicked up one short video where she admitted she does almost 0 work on the car(s).

Not that I care, she's cashing in and laughing her butt all the way to the bank.......so good for her.

True - and honestly it's a rather cute butt.

But there isn't much technical detail.  

7 minutes ago, crockett said:

I saw a couple of her videos over the time and never subbed. She has no in-depth clue and the channel sells clickbait and tits. In one video they claim 1400 PLUS HP, the dyno screen shows 1150. Only toolbags brags with assumed HP at the crank. On top of that, I don't know what dyno (let alone settings) they run, but I call 100% bullshit on 1150 to the wheel. Their dyno doesn't even offer any C8 presets and they run on a C7.

image.png.02cbbcaa1d38843d0eff9a458a57dfc1.png

After that claim they ran the 9.39. Thats the time of a stock ZR1 with 755 HP to the crank.

1400 at the crank my ass. That's a channel for kids that like to fap online.

The time I believe, simply because if they lied about it, it would get out there pretty fast.  I'm sure the dragstrip has some sort of records.

The power...ehhhh....as I stated above I think their GOAL was 1500 but they didn't hit it.  Ironically, remove the LT2, drop in an LT1 and it's doable with enough $$$$$.

Check out Garret's twin build. Been around that group many times, his track is just 15 minutes from my house. This is what 1200 REAL HP at the wheels looks and sounds like on a twin. Compare with their dyno run. Night and day difference. And no way you get this LT setup into a C8.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lazy R said:

I love Cleetus.

Only 26 years old, already owns a house worth 1.5 million, owns a track worth around 2 million, owns a shop worth 400k, owns over 40 cars, owns a huge tractor and race trailer, owns 20% of Motion Raceworks, hired around 20 people, runs countless races, pay per view and events throughout the year and throughout the nation, and is a conservative.

He is a true American success story. Kinda rare these days. Most kids are busy wasting their life in video games and on social media.

And while I'm at it, video just came out: THIS is how you archive real 1500 horses to the wheel, with methanol / twins / ice / intake the size of a supercharger. They can't even keep the power on the drums with deflating / strapping / inflating the tires. That C8 from this chick isn't even close to anything like this.

I gotta go see the boys and Jack this week... haven't been over in a while.

7 hours ago, crockett said:

Only 26 years old, already owns a house worth 1.5 million, owns a track worth around 2 million, owns a shop worth 400k, owns over 40 cars, owns a huge tractor and race trailer, owns 20% of Motion Raceworks, hired around 20 people, runs countless races, pay per view and events throughout the year and throughout the nation, and is a conservative.

He is a true American success story. Kinda rare these days. Most kids are busy wasting their life in video games and on social media.

Sounds like he has his priorities in life figured out.

On 10/28/2021 at 7:13 AM, gwalchmai said:

Sounds like he has his priorities in life figured out.

I used to sub to his channel, but he goes through "friends" like water. His best buddy he's building cars with one week, is replaced the next. He's also on his 2nd or 3rd girl.

I think he should have stuck with the people that helped him build his channel, rather than kicking them to the curb.

46 minutes ago, M&P15T said:

I used to sub to his channel, but he goes through "friends" like water. His best buddy he's building cars with one week, is replaced the next. He's also on his 2nd or 3rd girl.

I think he should have stuck with the people that helped him build his channel, rather than kicking them to the curb.

Wrong. Cooper wanted his own shot at the YouTube game. You need to stop sucking BS info from the internet. By the age of 26 I had more than just 2 or 3 GF. He is marring Maddy. Putting you back on ignore since your comments are back to troll garbage.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, crockett said:

Wrong. Cooper wanted his own shot at the YouTube game. You need to stop sucking BS info from the internet. By the age of 26 I had more than just 2 or 3 GF. He is marring Maddy. Putting you back on ignore since your comments are back to troll garbage.

OOOOO................ Play nice guys....

2 hours ago, crockett said:

:anim_lol:

Good Christ, whatta drama queen!!!!

I bow to your superior C.M. knowledge....you even know all their names!!!! Wipe the brown stuff off your nose son, C.M. musta' stopped suddenly while walking.