Schmidt Meister's Grab Bag

Schmidt Meister

41 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

Yesterday I taught a bread baking class to a church young mens group. About a dozen boys and their leaders. I talked about why guys should know how to bake and cook. Not just burn random meat on a grill. This devolved into a brief discussion on grilling and barbecue.

I knew I had lost them when even the adults didn’t understand the difference. To them any meat burned on a propane grill with Kraft BBQ sauce is Barbecue.

I have always cooked and grilled, and now as I get older and I am being forced into retirement due to my health, I have just about taken over the cooking duties for my wife and I. I have never tried my hand at bread because I love plain bread from the store more than the exotic breads my wife loves. She really enjoys eating and baking different kinds of breads. I like white bread or there used to be a really light wheat bread made by Autumn Grain and I don't guess it exists anymore, can't find it around here anyway.

I am glad you are out there educating men about cooking. It is a skill which will always come in handy and will serve you well. And it will truly endear you to a woman, especially one that has to juggle a job, a home, and meal preparation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I REALLY enjoyed the ORIGINAL Most Interesting Man In The World character.

Jonathan Goldsmith

Born Sept. 26, 1938 in the Bronx.
By the time he auditioned for Dos Equis, Goldsmith had fallen on hard times. He was in his late 60s and homeless, sleeping in the back of a pickup truck and showering where he could. He was trying to break back into acting after a 10-year absence and some other failed endeavors. His agent told him about the audition, and he learned they were looking for a young, Latino type. As an elderly Jew, he almost didn’t go, thinking he was wrong for the role.
At the audition, the casting people wanted him to improvise a monologue to end with the sentence, “And that’s how I arm-wrestled Fidel Castro.”
He channeled his friend Fernando Lamas, including “mimicking his Argentinian accent and sentence structure.”
He was asked to tell the auditioners about his life, and, with Lamas’ example firmly in mind, he regaled them with a tale of how he had been seducing women from a young age. He told how, as a hunter, he happened upon a village of ladies doing laundry by a river, and how he “screwed them all.” His audition story got wilder from there, ending with Castro challenging him to a duel after he slept with the women in the leader’s life. As exaggerated tales go, it was a howler, and it left the casting people in hysterics.
By the end of the day, Goldsmith was officially The Most Interesting Man in the World.

Goldsmith’s parents were both Jewish, his mother a model and his father a gym teacher. Goldsmith graduated from Boston University in 1958, after which he pursued an acting career.
Career
Jonathan has made over 350 television appearances in his career. Among them was the role of Marvin Palmer in the 1964 Perry Mason episode, "The Case of the Blonde Bonanza." To advance his acting career, Goldsmith moved to California from New York in 1966. Like many aspiring actors, he found it difficult to gain enough acting work to survive and wound up working various jobs, including driving a garbage truck and working in construction, to help make ends meet.
During his early years in film, Goldsmith performed as "Jonathan Lippe", having taken the name of his stepfather at the age of six. He subsequently changed his professional name back to his birth name, later recalling, "It always made me feel bad for my father, who never caused me any grief about it.... As my career grew and my son was born, I changed my name back to my real name, Goldsmith, so my father could enjoy his son's success and have a grandson to carry his name as well."
Goldsmith first established himself as an actor in Western films, with 25 such appearances. In the 1976 film The Shootist, Goldsmith played a villain who was shot between the eyes by hero John Wayne, who fired blood capsules from a special pellet gun at pointblank range into Goldsmith's face for seven painful takes.
Goldsmith also made guest appearances on 45 television series, including Gunsmoke; Bonanza; Adam-12; Knight Rider; CHiPs; Eight Is Enough; The Rockford Files; Hawaii Five-O; Barnaby Jones; MacGyver; Murder, She Wrote; Charlie's Angels; Petrocelli; Manimal; The Fall Guy; Dynasty; T.J. Hooker; Hardcastle and McCormick; Magnum, P.I.; Knots Landing; and The A-Team, as well as a few made-for-TV movies. His longest run in a television series was on Dallas, in which he appeared 17 times.
In the 1980s Goldsmith started network marketing businesses (waterless car wash products) Dri Wash & Guard, and SPRINT which was successful enough to allow him to "retire" from the Hollywood scene; he purchased an estate in the Sierra Mountains. He taught theater at Adelphi University in Garden City, New York from 1999-2004. He moved onto a large sailboat moored in Marina del Rey. In 2011 he and his wife Barbara (who was his agent when he obtained the Dos Equis role) moved to a house in the area of Manchester, Vermont.
The character ’The Most Interesting Man In The World’ was inspired by his deceased sailing partner and friend Fernando Lamas.
In 2017 Goldsmith published a memoir, Stay Interesting: I Don't Always Tell Stories About My Life, But When I Do They're True and Amazing.

MIMITW - Jonathan Goldsmith.jpg

1 hour ago, ChuteTheMall said:

I knew from way back in 2012/13 that he was in favor of obongo, but he didn't allow it to keep him from doing his job, selling beer. I don't like it that he favored the race-baiter from hell but I never ever saw him kneel during a Dos Equis commercial, so I don't let it get to me. I drank Dos Equis before him and still drink it. I still think that the MIMITW commercials were among the best beer commercials ever aired.

Just now, Schmidt Meister said:

Restrooms - Potty Like It's 1999.jpg

Until XX are storming men’s restrooms and dressing rooms as frequently as XY storming women’s facilities there is sexual harassment going on in the women’s facilities. And Biden’s appointment of a man pretending to be a woman doesn’t change that - even if some magazine named that guy its woman of the year. 

• Like 2

The Psychiatrist & The Proctologist

Best friends graduated from medical school at the same time and decided that, in spite of two different specialties, they would open a practice together to share office space and personnel. Dr. Smith was the psychiatrist and Dr. Jones was the proctologist. They put up a sign reading: "Dr. Smith and Dr. Jones: Hysterias and Posteriors."

The town council was livid and insisted they change it. So, the docs changed it to read: "Schizoids and Hemorrhoids."

This was also not acceptable, so they again changed the sign. "Catatonics and High Colonics" - No go.

Next, they tried "Manic Depressives and Anal Retentive’s" - thumbs down again.

Then came "Minds and Behinds" - still no good.

Another attempt resulted in "Lost Souls and Butt Holes" - unacceptable again!

So they tried "Analysis and Anal Cysts" - not a chance.

"Nuts and Butts" - no way.

"Freaks and Cheeks" - still no good.

"Loons and Moons" - forget it.

Almost at their wit's end, the docs finally came up with: "Dr. Smith and Dr. Jones - Specializing in Odds and Ends."

45 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

If you are lucky they will help with pest control 

We see the grown ones catching insects all the time. I don't think we have enough insects to feed this new crop, lol. There seems to be thousands but I'm sure it's realistically in the hundreds. The last crop must have felt totally comfortable laying eggs in the greenhouse.

8 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

French, my ass. I was raised by a Sailor in a family of bricklayers and mechanics. The principal and I knew each other well. 

:anim_rofl2:Having spent some of my life around sailors, and bricklayers and too much time around mechanics, your comment will be the comment of the day. :anim_rofl2:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

French, my ass. I was raised by a Sailor in a family of bricklayers and mechanics. The principal and I knew each other well. 

THAT is when they TELL YOU HOW THEY REALLY FEEL   :abovelol:

Really....It's just WORDS :nono:

• Like 1