Schmidt Meister's Grab Bag

Schmidt Meister

Stop doing this disgusting s**t in public.
In your house, if you have no decent etiquette, it’s ok if you want or where no one sees them, but not in a restaurant. It is a public place devoted to food consumption.
The truth is … I don't agree, I don't know what you think, but it makes me sick.
I know that many will come out to defend it, and they will say a lot of things in her favor, but they won't even change my mind about this act. I just wasn’t raised like that.
It's a bad habit. You can tell what's been instilled in her house and it looks like it's normal for her, as if nothing's happened, but ... don’t be putting your dirty flip-flops on the table. It’s just filthy.

Breast Feeding.jpg

• Haha 4

Food disaster on an Irish Airline.

Airborne approximately thirty minutes on an outbound evening flight from Dublin, the lead flight attendant for the Aer Lingus cabin crew nervously made the following painful announcement:

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm so very sorry, but it appears that there has been a terrible mix-up, just minutes prior to takeoff, by our airport catering service.
I don't know how this has happened, but we have 103 passengers on board and, unfortunately, only 40 dinner meals were delivered to the plane. I truly apologize for this mistake and inconvenience.” 
When the passengers' muttering had died down, she continued ... "Anyone who would be kind enough to give up their meal so that someone else can eat will receive free, unlimited drinks for the duration of our 5-hour flight."
 Her next announcement came 90 minutes later ... "If anyone would like to change their minds, we still have 40 dinners available."

• Haha 2

You need to be able to remember the era to really enjoy this.

It was a hot Saturday evening in the summer of 1958 and Fred had a date with Peggy Sue.
He arrived at her house and rang the bell.
“Oh, come on in!” Peggy Sue’s mother said as she welcomed Fred in. “So, what are you and Peggy planning to do tonight?” she asked.
“Oh, probably catch a movie, and then maybe grab a bite to eat at the malt shop, maybe take a walk on the beach.”
“Peggy likes to screw, you know,” Mom informed him.
“Uh…really?” Fred replied, with raised eyebrows. “Is that so?” asked Fred, incredulous.
“Yes,” said the mother. “As a matter of fact, she’d screw all night if we let her!”
“Well, thanks for the tip,” Fred said as he began thinking about alternate plans for the evening.
“Have fun, kids,” the mother said as they left.
Half an hour later, a completely disheveled Peggy Sue burst into the house and slammed the front door behind her.
“The TWIST, Mom!” she angrily yelled at her mother.
“THE DAMN DANCE IS CALLED THE TWIST!!!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Schmidt Meister said:

Old Polaroid picture of my first mobile phone.

Motorola - Bag Phone.jpg

Yeah   10 pounds...maybe more and about $3000... but the service was cheap IIRC (Analog) Also coverage sucked, and had to drill a hole in the car for the antenna hookup 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DAKA said:

Yeah   10 pounds...maybe more and about $3000... but the service was cheap IIRC (Analog) Also coverage sucked, and had to drill a hole in the car for the antenna hookup 

I was lucky, the company I was working for at the time wanted to make sure they could get in touch with me at all times. I thought I was hot s**t for a while because not many people had them but that got old real quick. They actually hooked it up to my horn and when the phone would ring, the horn would blow, you couldn't say you didn't hear it. But I paid no bills no matter how many calls I made.

• Like 1