Tires Made in China.

Batesmotel

I was at Discount Tire today. A guy came in with a Honda Odyssey that was driving “bouncy”. He bought new tires online and took them to a local shop to have them mounted. He thought the local guy didn’t balance them. 

The local guy put numerous weights on in an attempt to balance them. The tires were so bad that Discount refused to attempt to balance them. They were not round and extremely out of balance. No one carries them here. Online only. 

The name sounds Japanese (Nagoya?) but they are made in China. Dirt cheap online only tires are a scam. Beware. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

If you can avoid it, never buy **** made in China. Support our or any other country but that shithole.

Many shops will charge more if you bring the tires, done that for the past 15 years.

Always changed the tires on my bikes myself, and once I have more room, I will get a nice Hunter tire machine. I don't trust tire shops.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Fog said:

Might be a reason for their abysmal birth rate.

Too much spring in the 'ol stiffy. 

CCP for decades limited peon couples to one child - period. Because male children are considered assets and females liabilities a lot of female infants were aborted, killed at birth, abandoned, or adopted out overseas. In due course China had a significant imbalance of soldier age males who couldn’t find wives.

Moreover, decades of “one child” probably still contribute to low birth rate. 

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

CCP for decades limited peon couples to one child - period. Because male children are considered assets and females liabilities a lot of female infants were aborted, killed at birth, abandoned, or adopted out overseas. In due course China had a significant imbalance of soldier age males who couldn’t find wives.

Growing up we had some friends that adopted two chinese girls, they were smuggled out of the country by missionaries and our friends worked for the ministry. The adoption was done overseas and they lived there for several years before coming home to the US. My understanding is that the US would not allow the adoption so it was legally done somewhere in the S. Pacific. Really cute girls that grew up to be very nice young ladies.

15 hours ago, railfancwb said:

What happens when a party apparatchik has  more than one child and is subsequently demoted from the party? Are the kids returned to sender?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

What happens when a party apparatchik has  more than one child and is subsequently demoted from the party? Are the kids returned to sender?

They spray them with Lysol and ship them to Canada.

In the same containers.

• Haha 1

MANY YEARS AGO

At a car club meeting we were warned about tires marked*** ADV,***  I think they came from INDIA 

ADV = Animal Drawn Vehicle....

But they came in regular tire sizes    185/70 x 14 was one...

• Sad 1