US flags flying half mast , why so often?

pipedreams

I noticed it, too, Pipe. I remember when if I saw it I either knew immediately why or the first person I asked knew. Now it happens a lot and nobody seems to know why. I'm sure there's a good reason, but it does seem like the sentiment is lost.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

I noticed it, too, Pipe. I remember when if I saw it I either knew immediately why or the first person I asked knew. Now it happens a lot and nobody seems to know why. I'm sure there's a good reason, but it does seem like the sentiment is lost.

This last one is in honor of Capitol Police.  People flying flags are so confused half have theirs full mast and others half mast.  I just leave mine all the way up except for days such as Memorial Day.  At one point I was about ready to put it upside down.

Edited by pipedreams
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Like so many things. it has become meaningless.  The flag at the PO in town is at half mast more often than not, and I never know why anymore.  It's like racism - when everything is racist, nothing is.  And when everything causes the flag to be at half-mast, none of it has any meaning at all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, crockett said:

Because of hurt feelings from beta males and alike.

Ever since we gave the weak a voice, we are walking backwards.

Somebody posted this comment on a FOX News article a couple days ago and kept it:

unknown.png

Yeah.  I like money.

4 hours ago, crockett said:

Because of hurt feelings from beta males and alike.

Ever since we gave the weak a voice, we are walking backwards.

Somebody posted this comment on a FOX News article a couple days ago and kept it:

unknown.png

When government subsidizes something it gets more of it. When it taxes something it gets less. Paying women to have children when no responsible male can be found produces more “fatherless” children. 

• Thanks 4

I have to keep looking it up for my state.

Just watched them lowering the flags in town an hour or two ago.

Found out this time it's in rememberance of a police officer that died in the line of duty last year.

The last few times I checked it was for the (racist) killings of 6 asians on the east coast (yes, racism was the reason, the governor of my state didn't seem to care about the white people killed as well)

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

My regular gas station/ minnie mart has a flag pole with the stars and stripes and the alaskan flag. I asked the manager one day a few months ago why was the flag at half mast he said i dont know cooperate told him to fly it at half mast. 

Edited by Hook
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Fog said:

It is demoralizing and done on purpose. Obama started it right after he took office.

Just one more thing the leftists in power do in their efforts to stay in power.  Demoralize anyone that would disagree with their short-sighted economically idiotic vote-buying schemes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Couple years ago local flags at half mast for retired county mayor who had passed. To me he was a memorable elected official. Why? In the face of an overwhelming full court press to get a wheel tax approved by referendum “lest we have a property tax increase” this mayor stepped forward and said “Even if the wheel tax is approved a property tax increase will still be needed.”