Firearms Pics & Sundry

Eric

8 hours ago, railfancwb said:

As between .22LR pocket pistols which is the better choice - Ruger LCP II Light Rack or Beretta Bobcat 21A tilt barrel?

Subjective.

I bought my wife a Beretta with a tilt barrel for a number of reasons.  The greatest is that she doesn't shoot much so if and when she wants to unload the pistol, the tip up barrel offers her the greatest safety and she doesn't go near the trigger to unload the round in the chamber.  The pistol also has a safety.  I believe that in the heat of the moment she may forget the safety, but she is never, never, alone since I'm with her at all times.

That and my wife cannot rack a slide "when her life depends on it".   While the grand daughter has no problem with slides.

I abhor safeties as taking precious time from shooting.  I carry Glocks or Revolvers.

My son had taken my grand daughter to the range every time he goes and she is quite proficient.  I would trust her without a safety, yet the tip up barrel still offers the least risk when unloading the chamber.

Any other pistol with out a safety for older and more experienced. It's easy for that wayward finger to betray you with little experience.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Subjective.

I bought my wife a Beretta with a tilt barrel for a number of reasons.  The greatest is that she doesn't shoot much so if and when she wants to unload the pistol, the tip up barrel offers her the greatest safety and she doesn't go near the trigger to unload the round in the chamber.  The pistol also has a safety.  I believe that in the heat of the moment she may forget the safety, but she is never, never, alone since I'm with her at all times.

That and my wife cannot rack a slide "when her life depends on it".   While the grand daughter has no problem with slides.

I abhor safeties as taking precious time from shooting.  I carry Glocks or Revolvers.

My son had taken my grand daughter to the range every time he goes and she is quite proficient.  I would trust her without a safety, yet the tip up barrel still offers the least risk when unloading the chamber.

Any other pistol with out a safety for older and more experienced. It's easy for that wayward finger to betray you with little experience.

Manufacturers seem to have come to the conclusion that there is a strong market for easy to rack semi's  Smith and Wesson Equalizer and the EZ are good examples 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, railfancwb said:

As between .22LR pocket pistols which is the better choice - Ruger LCP II Light Rack or Beretta Bobcat 21A tilt barrel?

I carried a Beretta Jetfire as a back up for many years. I had a 21A for a little while but the magazine but plate kept slipping off. YMMV. tom.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2024 at 11:30 AM, railfancwb said:

Following up on my initial post…

Reviews on the internet said…

Unloaded weights were 11.5 oz for the Bobcat and 10.9 oz for the LCP.

Capacities were 6+1 for the Bobcat and 10+1 for the LCP.

Maybe it’s just me, but the unloaded Bobcat felt noticeably heavier than the LCP even though the weight difference is only 0.6 oz.

Research says a single .22LR weighs 0.11 oz.

IMG_6919.jpeg

• Like 2

First U.S. Army Unit Just Received Long Awaited M4 And M249 Replacements

Delivery of the first next-generation rifles and light machine guns to soldiers represents a huge moment for the Army.

Sig-Sauer-NGSW-system.webp.826518a10de7e418644a57793d9e265f.webp

Troops from the 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell have become the first to get the Army's next-generation rifles and light machine guns chambered in the new 6.8mm round. This marks the first time in some six decades that any Army unit has gotten all-new small arms, with a completely new caliber of ammunition.

The Army announced yesterday that soldiers from the 1st Battalion, 506th Infantry Regiment, part of the 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell in Kentucky, "accepted Next Generation Rifles and Automatic Rifles [on March 28] in preparation for New Equipment Training (NET) in April."

In April 2022, Sig Sauer was chosen by the Army over competitors including General Dynamics and Textron Systems to deliver the Next Generation Squad Weapons (NGSW) system. The NGSW family consists of Sig's M7 rifle, previously known as the XM5, as well as the company's belt-fed M250 light machine gun based on the same platform. Both come with matching suppressors.

https://www.twz.com/land/first-u-s-army-unit-just-received-long-awaited-m4-and-m240-replacements?spot_im_redirect_source=pitc&spot_im_comment_id=sp_JjtET6Vo_article$6353466_c_2eNmC690kH4Rp8BfrbYAugkcLZr&spot_im_highlight_immediate=true

• Like 3

On 4/6/2024 at 2:30 AM, railfancwb said:

Following up on my initial post…

Reviews on the internet said…

Unloaded weights were 11.5 oz for the Bobcat and 10.9 oz for the LCP.

Capacities were 6+1 for the Bobcat and 10+1 for the LCP.

Maybe it’s just me, but the unloaded Bobcat felt noticeably heavier than the LCP even though the weight difference is only 0.6 oz.

Research says a single .22LR weighs 0.11 oz.

8lwpus.jpg

And the Kel-Tec P-32 weighs only 6.6 ounces, holds 7 + 1 rounds of .32 ACP center-fire ammo, which hits like a brick thru a plate-glass window.  :banana:

8lwqrh.jpg

• Like 4

On 4/7/2024 at 11:00 AM, ChuteTheMall said:

8lwpus.jpg

And the Kel-Tec P-32 weighs only 6.6 ounces, holds 7 + 1 rounds of .32 ACP center-fire ammo, which hits like a brick thru a plate-glass window.  :banana:

8lwqrh.jpg

Anything but a .25. I saw the aftermath of a shooting with a .25. The “victim” almost beat the shooter to death with a pool cue. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Rossi Brawler. .45 Colt/.410

Should be fun but it has the worst sights I’ve ever used. But a red dot might be even more ridiculous. 

IMG_5381.jpeg

If you feel the need for a 45/410 handgun, find yourself an old Contender and do it with some style.

image.jpg.e00f9c159995ed39389e7eb1e279adca.jpg

• Like 3