Most insane divorce demands.

Batesmotel

My wife and I have helped a few friends through divorces. Mostly proofreading documents and forensic accounting and a little covert investigation into hidden assets. Usually pretty mundane, equitable stuff. But this one takes the cake.

In this case we are helping the wife. It is a long ugly story and he is an abusive dirtbag. For your entertainment here are his settlement demands. 

His concessions and payments. None. Nothing at all. No payments or divulge any personal or business accounting information. He gives up nothing except move out of the house when it sells. 

What he keeps. Everything he he claims as a personal asset or personal property regardless of who paid for it. He keeps everything he ever bought for her including birthday, anniversary and Christmas gifts. His company and all assets including tools and equipment she bought when he started. Tools and equipment from two previous failed companies even though she bought the assets. All his savings and 401K. All hidden accounts. 

What he demands from her. House will be sold. She is not be allowed to refinance in her name and keep the house. 50% of the appraised value of the house. Not the equity, the appraised value. There is little or no equity because he botched a remodel. 55% of her income as alimony for life.  50% of her 401K. 50% of any savings set aside for the kids including education funds. 50/50 custody but he also receives $2200 a month in in childcare until the youngest is 18. 

This is just the short list of the major items. He actually believes because he filed first he gets everything he wants. Her attorney literally could not stop laughing when they reviewed this over the phone. 

This case has become my favorite entertainment lately. 

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Cheygriz said:

These are not far out.

You ask for the whole world, and hope to get your  truck and half the checking account.

But he really thinks this is what he will get. Even his attorney has to get his information from her attorney. He won’t talk to his attorney now because his attorney keeps giving him really checks. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

When I went through my divorce, I was dumbfounded at the insanely stupid advice my ex got from her friends, (and likely lovers) She soaked it up like a sponge right up until reality smacked her right in the ass. BTW, Alaska is one of the kinder states towards men in a divorce.

It would belong to Russia again by now or even Canada if it weren't. Partially why mom went to Florida in '85 to get it done.

Edited by MO Fugga
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

Reading the story makes me want to punch him in the throat.  Why are people such shitheads?

Me too. But I’m biding my time. He REALLY pissed me off 20 years ago. Helping his wife is payback. And payback is going to be a bitch. There is a very real possibility he will get nothing except supervised visitation. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

Me too. But I’m biding my time. He REALLY pissed me off 20 years ago. Helping his wife is payback. And payback is going to be a bitch. There is a very real possibility he will get nothing except supervised visitation. 

So, no chance of her doing anything shady? Not trying to stir the pot, be most of us have seen the worst of both sides. 

The plot thickens. What happened back in the day?

Edited by MO Fugga
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

So, no chance of her doing anything shady? Not trying to stir the pot, be most of us have seen the worst of both sides. 

He was raised in a very abusive family. His dad was mentally and emotionally abusing their mom and the girls. Dad was a master at Gaslighting everyone. This guy idolized his dad. He cleaned up his act in college and married our friend. 

About 4 months into the marriage he started to change. Treated her like property just like his dad. Demands he be obeyed by her. She had tried counseling for years but he always quits. She fell into the trap of staying together for the kids. When the three oldest turned 18 he threw them out of the house. The kids (2 still at home) all hate him. They celebrated when he filed  

She is LDS. The church is VERY pro marriage. But even her bishop told her to get out.

He starts every conversation with “If I may refresh your memory” then he starts lying to her. Classic Gaslighting.

He can’t keep a job longer than a year. He gets fired when he starts telling the owner he can run the company better and he better get promoted to a Sr. Manager. Now!

He always falls back to trying his own company. She pays for startup costs, he buys tools and equipment then has a million excuses why everyone is out to stop him from succeeding. 

He tried a commercial ammo reloading venture. She bought all the commercial automatic presses. He started selling ammo but she thought everything was in cash under the table. She asked me if he needed some sort of license to make ammo. I gave her a link to all the BATFE info on remanufacturing ammo.

He lost his mind when she confronted him about it. He never even applied for a business license. He packed everything up and it is still rusting in a shed. He VERY PUBLICLY blamed me for shutting him down. 

He is a scum bag who slowly beat her down. She believed that with professional help they could fix things. He thinks he is perfect and to fix things she just needs to keep making killer money and obey him. 

• Sad 3

She turned into an enabler by staying with him, obviously not knowingly, but its almost always better for the kids when parents split up instead of forcing them to live through a defunct home.

Also, dragging the partner to counseling usually doesn't work at all. You can't change humans like that, and too many women don't understand this psychological limitation. We can only adjust ourselves, with very small steps, over a very long time, with a huge amount of effort, and only if we really want that change. Most people simply don't want to change, no matter if its for the better or not. Most don't even have the tools to change themselves.

I strongly suggest that you let go of your hatred for this guy. He obviously caused you pain in the past, but there is no true value in revenge. In a worst case scenario he may blame you for the outcome of the divorce and God knows what he may be up to. You are just wasting more of YOUR time. You may think this feels good, but you are only playing on the same low level now. Try to find something that improves YOUR life, something that puts an honest and lasting smile on your face.

Just being honest.

• Like 5

i had a Co-worker years ago who had his then Girlfriend move into his house then Demand he move out when they broke up.

in the weeks it took to get to Court she demanded he live in the basement with no bathroom, shower at a Motel.

when it got to Court she made Crazy Demands that she get half of everything and he had to sell his assets.

the Judge laughed when he said her name was never on the Deed, never made a Mortgage Payment and only used that Address for like 4 Months.

The Judge also Ordered her to pay the Sheriffs time to oversee her moving out.

never date a Stripper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MO Fugga said:

She admits that she has some OCD issues.  She gets freaked out if the house isn't clean which is hard to do when he won't fix any leaks or do other maintenance.  

She is very religious and he tells her that any activity outside of Sunday services is too much. Before Covid there were usually biweekly youth and women's activities which she had to bargain and beg to attend. 

She has decided it would be better to be alone for the rest of her life than continue living with him. 

She likes prepper activities and has a large yard which she farms and has chickens. He feels this is baloney and criticizes her attempts to grow and prepare organic meals. 

Her attorney has told her that she will have to pay this maggot something to make him go away. She's trying to minimize the damages.

As for back in the day - can you imagine anyone mansplaining to my 0311 Marine how the military works because the mansplainer has the Time Life videos?

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Mrs. Batesmotel said:

She admits that she has some OCD issues.  She gets freaked out if the house isn't clean which is hard to do when he won't fix any leaks or do other maintenance.  

She is very religious and he tells her that any activity outside of Sunday services is too much. Before Covid there were usually biweekly youth and women's activities which she had to bargain and beg to attend. 

She has decided it would be better to be alone for the rest of her life than continue living with him. 

She likes prepper activities and has a large yard which she farms and has chickens. He feels this is baloney and criticizes her attempts to grow and prepare organic meals. 

Her attorney has told her that she will have to pay this maggot something to make him go away. She's trying to minimize the damages.

As for back in the day - can you imagine anyone mansplaining to my 0311 Marine how the military works because the mansplainer has the Time Life videos?

How about we get a message to the hag that he has information that would land her in the greybar inn. :whistling:

Lots of folks like to bang on lawyers, and I R 1, but people think what they think. Divorce attorneys aren't cheap, and my ex thought everything and then some was hers to take. Unfortunately, since she had lived in the house we were renting, there wasn't much that could be done to keep her out. The deputy a couple of doors down would run her off when he saw her, but that is about all he could really do and she learned when he worked so that ended that, for the most part.

I don't know what she paid the guy who represented her, but it was too much. She drug it out, and my lawyer would call me read demands and say, "Do what you want, as long as you tell them to kick sand". I know you are ready for this to be over and I don't blame you, but listen to me. You have already been too generous. OK, fine.

I ended up losing a few things that should have been mine, only because I didn't notice them missing. I should have taken inventory, but didn't, and in the end hope she choked on every cent she pawned it for, and it probably wasn't much. I felt I should have objected a little more on some things, and listened a lot more to the representation I paid for. In the end, she (my lawyer) was worth every penny I paid her and then some.

Best wishes for your friend, Mr and Mrs. Bates. Sounds like it is going to be "Just Peachy" for her, at least for a while.

Edited by LostinTexas

17 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

It’s just gratifying to be able to to help her after seeing him torment his family all these years. Everything we do to help before she turns documents in to her attorney saves her money and probably saves her a lot in the end. 

This is gratifying... nature with not too many people around... taken 5 min ago.

20210316_155136.jpg

• Like 1