So, about Tiger...

gwalchmai

We will never know what the black box has in it but to go approx 100yrds  in the air and rolling he wasn't doing the 45mph speed limit.

Glad he is going to live, his golfing skills may or may not come back.  Never doubt a strong will though!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GT4494 said:

We will never know what the black box has in it but to go approx 100yrds  in the air and rolling he wasn't doing the 45mph speed limit.

In any case, leaving the road and going off a cliff is usually considered to be evidence of driving beyond one's ability. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not judging one way or other yet. But one of the news stations interviewed a lady who lived in the area on that road and heard the crash. She said she had bitched for years to the highway department about how dangerous that section of road was and she had seen numerous wrecks happen in the same area involving a downhill grade with a curve.

• Like 1

There are lots of bad areas of road where the margin of safety is really thin. They exist because the cost to fix them is really high. 

Darwin set it up that way.

Was he driving too fast? Probably. Faster than everyone else? Not likely. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, willie-pete said:

Not judging one way or other yet. But one of the news stations interviewed a lady who lived in the area on that road and heard the crash. She said she had bitched for years to the highway department about how dangerous that section of road was and she had seen numerous wrecks happen in the same area involving a downhill grade with a curve.

Near where I used to live, on a country road there was a bridge where the road made a sharp S curve to accommodate a bridge built at right angles to the creek to keep the bridge as short and cheap as possible. The rural area became urbanized with more traffic at higher speeds and about once a year we heard the sound of a crash where someone entered the creek instead of crossing the bridge. Eventually a new bridge was built and the road straightened. Possibly this event with a high profile casualty will inspire upgrades. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, crockett said:

Guy has a net worth of $800 million and drives around in a lame Hyundai? Do not understand.

Not sure of my uncles net worth, but he was a very successful orthopedic surgeon with his own practice.  Big beautiful home, and always had a hot car.  Bentley Le mans edition, Ferrari whatever, and then he also had something like what Tiger was driving.  Something he could fit a bunch of people in, or could take to the mall or theater and not have to worry about someone denting or scratching it.  I always wondered why he would get a Chevy Blazer over an Escalade, but that was his call, not mine.  

As far as Tiger goes, it sounds like he is really messed up and is going to have to deal with a lot of pain.  And that is a good thing.  No matter if he were familiar with those roads or not, any experienced driver should know when to slow down.  It has become the standard now that if you are not going at least 10 mph over, you are going too slow.  Everybody relies on all the modern safety features in a car instead of relying on common sense and knowing your vehicles limitations.  Lucky for him the results were not fatal, this time.  Also lucky for him, he was the only one hurt.   

34 minutes ago, crockett said:

Guy has a net worth of $800 million and drives around in a lame Hyundai? Do not understand.

Probably part of his contract.  It had the Tournament name on the side.   Most players get "courtesy" cars.  Remember he was on "travel" in Ca not at home in Fl...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, crockett said:

Yeah.

That`s how i`d drive the Hyundai i was forced to drive by me Sponsor`s dumb Marketing Contract while all my Porsches and Ferraris gathered dust in my 30 car Museum, i mean Garage..

although this is a guy who Totaled a Buick reversing in a driveway with a Back up Camera...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, crockett said:

Point.

I might drive...a beat up old truck.  But that's just me.

A 1938 flat bed Ford would be fun.

Seriously.  I hope the guy gets better soon.  

I was hoping he would win a couple more tournaments. 

1 hour ago, Historian said:

Point.

I might drive...a beat up old truck.  But that's just me.

A 1938 flat bed Ford would be fun.

Seriously.  I hope the guy gets better soon.  

I was hoping he would win a couple more tournaments. 

A 1938 flat bed Ford has style, a Hyundai is just a cloned wannabe benz in my book. I hate it when Asians steal designs. Would never own or drive one, out of principle.

Woods needs to fire his market clown.

Yeah, they can go **** themselves with that ****..

How does Hyundai copy other marque's styling and get away with it? - Quora

Anyone else think that Hyundai constantly copies other car companies like  Mercedes, BMW, and Lexus? Do you guys know of any other companies that do  this?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, crockett said:

A 1938 flat bed Ford has style, a Hyundai is just a cloned wannabe benz in my book. I hate it when Asians steal designs. Would never own or drive one, out of principle.

Woods needs to fire his market clown.

Yeah, they can go **** themselves with that ****..

How does Hyundai copy other marque's styling and get away with it? - Quora

Anyone else think that Hyundai constantly copies other car companies like  Mercedes, BMW, and Lexus? Do you guys know of any other companies that do  this?

I recall one American manufacturer (Buick?) based an ad campaign around the idea that’s parking ticket was issued to a “Mercedes” that was actually the American car.

In the late 1950s Mercedes were imported sporting small tail fins.