Spring??

LostinTexas

A couple days ago, I saw a Robin in the yard. Yesterday, a half dozen. Today? They are everywhere.

Killdeers joined in today. Those things are a pain. Nest on the ground and refuse to do so near structure, so I have one winged birds running around the yard when early mowing starts trying to lure me away from the nest. If I see them, Ill give a courtesy go around.

It is the middle of winter. I know Robins are early returners, but really? I hope they all brought their little downy feathers with them. It is supposed to get cold the second part of the week and stay that way through the 10 day outlook. I have been waiting for winter, and it is coming for a little while, anyway.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ASH said:

WE GOT DAFADILS  POPPING UP EVERYWHERE,  grass is greened up . 

146366379_10158026723155838_3053843560440168098_n.jpg

None of that just yet. Dandelions and vetch are going nuts. A couple patches of clover of some sort are here and over there.

Winter will set in here in a few days and might knock some of it back. I've been trying to kill a few patches of vetch for a couple of years now. I don't mind it growing, I just mind where it is growing. It dies off as soon as it gets warm.

Edited by LostinTexas
  • Like 1

The robins and cardinals winter here, where it is currently 9 degrees F, and it will be below O tonight.  I was stunned earlier this week to see 2 bluebirds, though.  Then I looked up the "Michigan Bluebird something-or-other", and it said their winter grounds had been moving north for the last couple decades, and we are now at the northern edge of their range.  That's pretty cool, but it means I need to get the bluebird houses out much earlier than previously (and also explains why they've been empty the last two years - they had already nested by the timeI put them out.  oops.

• Like 1