Whoopee!

Mrs.Cicero

Husband and Younger Daughter are finally on their way to AZ for their javelina hunt.  Older Daughter and I are going to party for the next two weeks!  (Definition of "party" is 1) clean the entire house, 2) paint the bathrooms, 3) can all the berries and rhubarb (jam, chutney, preserves) still in the freezers from last fall, in hopes of needing the space for meat when the hunters return, 4) reorganize the basement so we can frame it next month, and 5) sell everything that isn't nailed down 'cause I'm tired of the clutter, 6) make all the suppers with the tomatoes and onions that hubby can't eat so I don't usually cook (OD and I are jonesing for  tomatoes and onions something terrible) and 7) Annoy you all on TBS as often as possible!  Yippee!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Husband and Younger Daughter are finally on their way to AZ for their javelina hunt.  Older Daughter and I are going to party for the next two weeks!  (Definition of "party" is 1) clean the entire house, 2) paint the bathrooms, 3) can all the berries and rhubarb (jam, chutney, preserves) still in the freezers from last fall, in hopes of needing the space for meat when the hunters return, 4) reorganize the basement so we can frame it next month, and 5) sell everything that isn't nailed down 'cause I'm tired of the clutter, 6) make all the suppers with the tomatoes and onions that hubby can't eat so I don't usually cook (OD and I are jonesing for  tomatoes and onions something terrible) and 7) Annoy you all on TBS as often as possible!  Yippee!

Sounds like a plan 

got any Javelina recipes

• Like 1

6 hours ago, M&P15T said:

The selling large amounts of household items seems interesting. Might lead to some hard feelings at some point.

"Honey, have you seen the dog? I can't find him."

I hadn't thought about selling a dog.  That is actually quite tempting...    I would also be thrilled to sell one of the cats.  The other cat and I have an understanding.  Hmmmm...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Sounds like a plan 

got any Javelina recipes

It's been over a decade since we got a javelina.  I don't even remember how I cooked the last one.  I guess I will have to call my aunt (that they are hunting with) and ask her for some recipes!

8 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

can all the berries and rhubarb 

Rhubarb!

I have not even seen any of that stuff for years. I am not even sure it can be grown where I live in central Texas.

My grandmother use to make a killer rhubarb pie.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

That is so cool.  For Both of ya.  Very Cool.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Sounds like a plan. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

(The kid is still under age to hunt with pistol).

I've done most of my hunting with pistols these past several years.  45 RedHawk 5 1/2"bbl.  44mag 629 4".  And in 2019, 10mm G20.  

It is a satisfying skill.  And it will give caution to the boys when that time comes.  

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 7:55 AM, Mrs.Cicero said:

Make a bunch of salsa. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zonny said:

https://www.archerytalk.com/threads/how-does-javelina-meat-taste.616845/Sausage is all they’re good for is what I’ve heard. They smell horribly, the spices involved in sausage kill some of that I guess. 

You know they aren’t pigs? They are actually a rodent family member. Nasty/mean critters. 

I didn't think the meat tasted/smelled bad last time.  (It was all ground).  And yeah, they are actually more closely related to hippos than pigs.  Weird.  But I'll try just about anything except fugu.  Once.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I didn't think the meat tasted/smelled bad last time.  (It was all ground).  And yeah, they are actually more closely related to hippos than pigs.  Weird.  But I'll try just about anything except fugu.  Once.

I had to look that up. Poison fish, yuk. tom.