Ultimate Watch Thread II

crockett

My first watch thread is missing a bunch of photos (broken links) and is over 3 years old, so here we go again. :)

Just got this Damasko DSub2 in. My daily for the past 2 years was a SINN U1, and now I went with another German made watch. Both are made from Germany Type 212A submarine steel and tegimented (hardened). There is not a single scratch on my SINN U1.

Every watch has a special meaning to me, and this one has the job of reminding me to be grateful, decent and to keep a healthy routine.

While I'm still on the waiting list for the current Rolex GMT Pepsi, I don't see myself walking away from this Damasko, ever.

300 meter water resistant, sapphire glass with anti reflective under and top coating, ceramic ball bearing bezel.

S185-U35-002.jpg

dsc2206.png

dsc2211.png

Feel free to post your watches and what you like!

• Like 5

Love watches!

This is a Meratach Safire.  I won in a charity auction.  First place was a custom 1911.

Maratac Mid Automatic Pilot Watch 39mm Sapphire Crystal | eBay

I wear this almost daily.

The other regular is a Bernhardt field watch.

FS/BRO: Bernhardt Field Diver - myWatchMart

A solid watch.  Never had an issue with it.   And if i did the company would take care of me.

I have had Seikos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Historian said:

So...what is the watch that watch people want these days?!

Steel Sports Rolex watches are high in demand. Most ADs don't accept any new customers on their waiting list anymore. Some say they have enough people waiting for well over 10 years to come. GMT Pepsi, Batman, Kermit Sub , you name it. Been on the list for a Pepsi for over 2 years now, and I'm getting tired of this stupid game. Rolex could have long adjusted supply, but they do want this high demand crap in order to push their branding, and in order to force people to buy the less desirable models.

And ADs abuse the situation by basically demanding that you become a good loyal customer on other items before you move up on the waiting list.

If you want to buy a Pepsi on the grey market, the MSRP goes from 9k to 20k, and I'm not going to pay 20 grand for a STEEL watch. 9k is my max for the Pepsi, 7k for IWC, and 3k for micro brands

My Wakmann.  Just graduated AF Tech school and now stationed at my first permanent assignment.  Wanted a Moon Watch, but could not justify 2 months pay.  

Then my Breitling Aerospace EVO. 

My LeCoutre Memovox.  Inherited from late uncle that passed in '69.  After 40 years sitting in a drawer, she came to me.  Still ran, but lost 2 minutes a day.  Decided to have her brought back up to snuff.  14 months, and a trip back home, she came back beautiful.  

Lastly Casio Pro Tek.  Gadget and toy. 

Have wanted a black Gold and stainless Submariner for years. But as I get the money together a set back prevents everytime.

20180628_102516.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, crockett said:

Steel Sports Rolex watches are high in demand. Most ADs don't accept any new customers on their waiting list anymore. Some say they have enough people waiting for well over 10 years to come.

Totally get it. There are many fine watches without such a wait.  I've been waiting four years for a knife.

Worth it? Yes, when you have it.  Can you buy it some place else?  You bet.  Not much more either.

BTW Rolex is actually a British owned firm and run as a charitable foundation. The British government screwed them over so they moved production to Switzerland. Then they got screwed over again by British Outland Revenue so they became a non profit. When you buy Rolex you are supporting kids programs in sports, arts and music. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, crockett said:

My first watch thread is missing a bunch of photos (broken links) and is over 3 years old, so here we go again. :)

Just got this Damasko DSub2 in. My daily for the past 2 years was a SINN U1, and now I went with another German made watch. Both are made from Germany Type 212A submarine steel and tegimented (hardened). There is not a single scratch on my SINN U1.

Every watch has a special meaning to me, and this one has the job of reminding me to be grateful, decent and to keep a healthy routine.

While I'm still on the waiting list for the current Rolex GMT Pepsi, I don't see myself walking away from this Damasko, ever.

300 meter water resistant, sapphire glass with anti reflective under and top coating, ceramic ball bearing bezel.

S185-U35-002.jpg

dsc2206.png

dsc2211.png

Feel free to post your watches and what you like!

Very distinctive. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sparks said:

42332487_10157694777984256_1609531224580161536_o.jpg

IMG_20201024_174226285.jpg

First good watch I purchased in 1963 If remember the year correctly.  Last year I had it cleaned up and checked, not as accurate as originally, looses two or three minutes a month.  Currently wear a Galaxy 46mm which pairs up with my phone, not near as heavy as some of my watches on my wrist.

20210116_053347.jpg.ab1425e218ce1377f6c11658e524a5e3.jpg

• Like 1