I may have to sell my Vette

crockett

I can't drive this thing in a normal way. I'm a pretty decent person generally, but this beast turns me into a moron, and there is nothing I can do about it. Driving it slowly or decently is like having the hottest girlfriend in town and not having sex with her. What's the point of a fast car if every little bit of fun can result in a reckless driving ticket.

I also don't really need a truck these days, so my RAM 1500 may go as well. Will keep the minivan beach beater and thinking about getting the new Escalade for a nice ride with plenty of room.

Always loved those big, boxy, black out SUVs.

Do I make sense..?

unknown.png?width=2760&height=1185

unknown.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, crockett said:

I can't drive this thing in a normal way. I'm a pretty decent person generally, but this beast turns me into a moron, and there is nothing I can do about it. Driving it slowly or decently is like having the hottest girlfriend in town and not having sex with her. What's the point of a fast car if every little bit of fun can result in a reckless driving ticket.

I also don't really need a truck these days, so my RAM 1500 may go as well. Will keep the minivan beach beater and thinking about getting the new Escalade for a nice ride with plenty of room.

Do I make sense..?

unknown.png

Yup.  On the Escalade...sad on the vette... Makes me feel The same way...when I gave up my bike...

• Like 2

I was looking at Vettes a while back. One only had 9500 miles on it and was priced right. But I came to my senses and bought  the Super Duty instead. I had plenty of hot rods in my youth. Trans Ams, Camaros, Mustangs. Had some wild times that I better not post about here. The cops still have a boner for me in the lower 48.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Yup.  On the Escalade...sad on the vette... Makes me feel The same way...when I gave up my bike...

I did that step as well. Sold all my bikes some 5 years ago. While going fast in the Vette is much safer, I still have that stupid speed demon in me. Bottom line is, I have no desire to crash, hurt anybody, or get any serious tickets.

I could go to the track, did that for years with my bikes, but track prep gets old and I'm past those times.

Really disappointed that I can't control myself in a fast car, so what other options do I have but selling it...

12 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

I was looking at Vettes a while back. One only had 9500 miles on it and was priced right. But I came to my senses and bought  the Super Duty instead. I had plenty of hot rods in my youth. Trans Ams, Camaros, Mustangs. Had some wild times that I better not post about here. The cops still have a boner for me in the lower 48.

Its my second Vette, the first one was a Lemon. Got the current one as a left over with a massive discount. My plan was to install twin turbos and the whole nine yards, but more power is the last thing I need.

Yeah, getting a massive ticket in your 20s is one thing, in your late 40s its kinda embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, crockett said:

I did that step as well. Sold all my bikes some 5 years ago. While going fast in the Vette is much safer, I still have that stupid speed demon in me. Bottom line is, I have no desire to crash, hurt anybody, or get any serious tickets.

I could go to the track, did that for years with my bikes, but track prep gets old and I'm past those times.

Really disappointed that I can't control myself in a fast car, so what other options do I have but selling it...

Its my second Vette, the first one was a Lemon. Got the current one as a left over with a massive discount. My plan was to install twin turbos and the whole nine yards, but more power is the last thing I need.

Yeah, getting a massive ticket in your 20s is one thing, in your late 40s its kinda embarrassing.

Being shot at by the cops is no fun at any age.

1 hour ago, crockett said:

Do I make sense..?

unknown.png

I totally understand.  It was a revelation when I figured out that I had to drive the vehicle at it's hardest, and therefore I had to give up muscle cars since I wasn't able to achieve maturity with one.

So now I buy, fun, comfortable, and with just a little HP for those rare occasions to prove I'm quicker on the throttle than many locals here.

I have to get a new lease next year, and I have thought about an Escalade, but I'm too afraid to look at the price. 

I'm probably paying that for the car I'm driving right now.  We'll see.  I am interested if you choose to get one, I'd like to hear about it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I totally understand.  It was a revelation when I figured out that I had to drive the vehicle at it's hardest, and therefore I had to give up muscle cars since I wasn't able to achieve maturity with one.

So now I buy, fun, comfortable, and with just a little HP for those rare occasions to prove I'm quicker on the throttle than many locals here.

I have to get a new lease next year, and I have thought about an Escalade, but I'm too afraid to look at the price. 

I'm probably paying that for the car I'm driving right now.  We'll see.  I am interested if you choose to get one, I'd like to hear about it.

Just got back from a late night round trip to the local Caddy and Chevy dealers. Didn't see the new Escalade, they might need a couple more months to show up. I did see the new Tahoe and Yukon, but they don't look right. Weird lines in the front and the back, to much like an Asian car in my book.

I think only Caddy got it right this time around.

The one I posted in this thread is the top level model and costs almost 110k. Considering that I got my Vette, new, for 48k, this makes not much sense. The Caddy is not a Benz, so how did they end up with a Benz price...?

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, crockett said:

Just got back from a late night round trip to the local Caddy and Chevy dealers. Didn't see the new Escalade, they might need a couple more months to show up. I did see the new Tahoe and Yukon, but they don't look right. Weird lines in the front and the back, to much like an Asian car in my book.

I think only Caddy got it right this time around.

The one I posted in this thread is the top level model and costs almost 110k. Considering that I got my Vette, new, for 48k, this makes not much sense. The Caddy is not a Benz, so how did they end up with a Benz price...?

Prices are high.  I paid $45 for the SUV I'm driving now.  

• Like 2

The Caddy goes for that price thanks to all the rappers, fentanyl dealers, and gangsters who demand to drive the dumbest possible vehicle for their use. Then again, there are plenty of Ram 3500 dually Megacab owners with the Diesel engine and 4WD who've paid $85,000 for a pimped out work truck that never sees a dirt road. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, crockett said:

Do I make sense..?

Yes, for me i Drive like a Grampa now and most performance cars are wasted on me.

i know i don't Have to Drive it like a Moron but not even considering it takes some of the use away for me.

you'll probably get pulled over more in the Caddi.

those things are Magnets for wanna be Gang bangers, fake ass Pimps and Dope Slangers with a GM Lease.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

I can assure you that this cop doesn't have a boner for you. Drive as crazy as you want.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

That's why multiple cars come in handy..

pickup truck - has 4 cylinder so speeding is a challenge but it carries anything I want

Model A -  for days you just want to cruise and wave

1984 Mustang GT - gets me in trouble every time I drive it but it brings a great smile to my face

Wife's E350 turbo diesel Mercedes, her car but perfect for trips.  I'm not allowed to drive.

Just like firearms, different situations are wanton of different tools.  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I get it.

I don't necessarily agree with the Esclade choice, but if that's what you want, more power to you.

I have four titles in my name.

Kawasaki Versys 1000 (fun grief distraction)

Subaru WRX (my fun round - about slayer, before wife passed)

Subaru Forester (wife's ride, doggie mobile with high ground clearance and much utility)

Chevy Cheyenne 2500 (dump / Home Depot)

I should get rid of at least one, but they all have a use and are paid off.

I find that since I started riding motorcycles, after a thirty year hiatus, I drive the WRX much faster. I believe it doesn't feel as fast, because I'm wrapped in metal, unlike when on the bike. I may be on my way to my first ticket, in years. The Washington State Revenue Patrol is quite strict in my area. Supposedly, their motto is, "Over by five and you're fine. Over by nine and you're mine."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My 2nd Trans Am I bought with a rod knocking in the 455 engine. Also had the 4 speed with low gears and positraction. L-50 meats on the rear with Centerline mags all around. Nice car, with only 90,000 on it. I pulled the engine and took it to a shop in Anchorage with specific instructions. A few weeks later I put that freshened up 455 back in. After a bit of easing around making sure all was o.k. I took the wife for a spin into Kenai. As we rolled in to town I was advising her that when it came her time to drive it she had to be absolutely certain to stay at or below the speed limit going through town. Not 5 miles over. She asked why and I explained that this car would be a cop magnet and 5 over would get you stopped just so they could check it out. As I was telling her this a Kenai cruiser with 2 cops in it rolled by the other direction. All 4 eyes were on that car. "That's why right there." Neither one of us ever got pulled over in that car. But let me tell you, I tore up the roads out north with it. It would bark rubber hitting 4th gear with those big meats on the rear, no problem. Sure was fun to drive. My first Trans Am I bought with 10,000 on the meter. Had the 400 and 4 speed with real tall gears. It was a great road car and was capable of hitting 150 out through farm country in Wa. state. I made mods to that one also. Both cars had functional ram air. Both were 76's, last of the round head lights. I really didn't get in trouble with either of those cars, but some of the ones before......well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, crockett said:

Do I make sense..?

Yup.  I drive my 2017 Corolla like the old man that I am.  But, put me behind the wheel of my 85 Mustang for five minutes and the sound of the engine will change me into a maniac looking for a stretch of open road to thump the accelerator pedal on.  It's kind of crazy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, minervadoe said:

Yup.  I drive my 2017 Corolla like the old man that I am.  But, put me behind the wheel of my 85 Mustang for five minutes and the sound of the engine will change me into a maniac looking for a stretch of open road to thump the accelerator pedal on.  It's kind of crazy.

and its amazing how easy iti is for your foot to "slip" off the clutch pedal as the light turns green  :dancinsmiley:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

OP, your post reminds me of a joke.

An average joe is shipwrecked on a desert island with Christy Brinkley. Weeks go by and the end up creating the boom. This goes on for a week and a trunk with costumes washes up on shore. He digs through the trunk and dresses up Christy as a man and uses charcoal from the fire to create a beard on Christy. When he’s finished, he puts his arm around the “new man” and says, “Buddy you’ll never believe this, but I’ve been ******* Christy Brinkley!”

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, crockett said:

Do I make sense..?

unknown.png

What is this madness?  Sell a Vette and drive around in an SUV, or 'shudder' a minivan? I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Edited by Wyzz Kydd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, crockett said:

Do I make sense..?

unknown.png

First impression: that thing looks like it could tow a f--king cruise ship. I like it.

Edited by kerbie18
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1