WTF vehicles

NPTim

• Administrators
1 hour ago, DAKA said:

That looks like a USA license plate...

Now that I take a good look at the picture, it is Photoshopped and not very well done, at that. I must have been tired last night, not to have noticed. The steering wheel is visible only through the back glass and the dash (and the stuff visible through the front windshield) is visible twice, through both side windows. That is really lazy work. I guess it explains how all those unrelated shapes ended up on the same car. People who spend their time Photoshopping car pics generally know fuckall about actually working on and customizing cars. 

• Like 6

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/12/2022 at 9:32 AM, pipedreams said:

d3c5be49001a0ab7.jpeg

1971 Dodge Challenger R/T SE W/1973 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser Roof. Somebody actually put this thing on eBay with a starting bid of 28,000 and I guess the start bid never got made so I don't guess it sold. I couldn't find the eBay bid page, it has been removed, they don't keep them up long after the sale ends, but I did find several bloggers talking about it.

1971 Dodge Challenger R:T SE W:1973 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser Roof - 1.jpg

• Like 3

That's probably just what happened in this case. Here's what it says at the link. Not a lot of info, but I think it's a perfect example of "what happens when a body shop has "spare" time?", lol.

“Vista Bird” is the work of Lyman C. Dye, a body shop owner in Idaho Falls, Idaho who also built custom cars, in this case grafting the roof of a 1965 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser station wagon onto the hardtop coupe body of a 1962 Ford Thunderbird.
Dye installed the 390cid V8 engine from a 1969 Ford under the Thunderbird’s hood. Not just any 390, by the way, but one with the crankshaft and high lift camshaft from a Ford 428 and a Holly 650 cfm 4-barrel carburetor.
The car was constructed in the late 1970s or early ’80s. Dye sold the car in 1994, and the new owner kept it until it went to the dealership in 2019.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VinD said:

1952 Ferrari 212 Inter Coupe by Ghia
$1,187,500 USD | Sold
United States | Phoenix, Arizona

Many years ago....as a "side business" I used to buy cars at auctions, and trade-ins that the dealers did not want to put on their "Front Line" of used cars.

some of the cars were high mileage, really filthy ones or wtf color combinations...but I sold every one of them   the expression was "There is an ass for every seat"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1