BS FB Ads

Eric

• Administrators

Have any of you seen an ad on FB for a device that cuts a potato into French fries and then you pop the whole thing into the microwave to cook them? It looks like a clever idea. Clever enough that I clicked on the ad and read a bit. When I got to the comments, I laughed my ass off. 

The geniuses that built the landing page faked some testimonials and did so with very little grasp of the English language. The names sound Americanish, but the comments sound like Google Translate with a hangover.

Here are a couple of my favorites:

• Not yet checked, but looks dignified
  • Order came quality norms

I don’t know if I would do any better if I was trying to market a product in China, but the ‘American’ endorsements still tickled me. Maybe I’m just bored. 

ECE4E399-D410-46F3-87E0-A81304F4BA1D.thumb.jpeg.0c0a59603164d24e10e9d246ed84960c.jpeg
A2E517B6-04AE-4932-92C4-6BD955E5F55E.thumb.jpeg.bf0ddea80eb0c9f53957d17d8942549c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

"Order came Quality Norms"

that is a convincing review LOL

the Pepperoni Chili Cheese Fries almost sold me though.

Yeah, I really want some right now. Bastards. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Very dignified.  It could be a cocktail shaker, a freshright, or somewhere in between. ?

In all seriousness, with a good knife and some practice, you can whip out some fries in less time than finding the parts to such things, using them, and cleaning them up.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

One of my most impressive scars came from The Kitchen Magician.

There are many who tell stories of fingers and large graters.  Mom's deal with dangerous instruments every day.

But some still fear being too close to their husbands at night.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

• Administrators

I just saw the ad for the French fry maker on FB again. They have changed the ad a bit and removed the reviews that were posted in the earlier iteration of the ad. They have also restored my permission to post a comment, although I didn’t. I got a chuckle out of the fact that they removed the canned reviews though. :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Eric said:

I just saw the ad for the French fry maker on FB again. They have changed the ad a bit and removed the reviews that were posted in the earlier iteration of the ad. They have also restored my permission to post a comment, although I didn’t. I got a chuckle out of the fact that they removed the canned reviews though. :biggrin:

You should try something like, "Girl think my bat fries are sexy!"

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

ever ask a Question even when you know its a bad idea?

where`s the Scar?

My middle finger.  It cut right down the middle,  through the whole nail.

And I don't remember cooking anything when I was 10,  so I was probably just hacking **** up.

• Haha 2