China Flu getting closer to home

My daughter and her family were ravaged after a trip to Disney in December. I had it within a week of them being sick. They were each sick for a couple of weeks/ tested negative for flu. "Virus" was the diagnosis. I was 'down for the count' for a full week and struggled for the next. Cough lasted over a month after I felt 'better'. I have my suspicions...

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Zonny said:

My daughter and her family were ravaged after a trip to Disney in December. I had it within a week of them being sick. They were each sick for a couple of weeks/ tested negative for flu. "Virus" was the diagnosis. I was 'down for the count' for a full week and struggled for the next. Cough lasted over a month after I felt 'better'. I have my suspicions...

I'm no doctor but that has all of the earmarks of the "Wu-Flu".

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Zonny said:

My neighbors came back from a trip to the east coast in late November. Both were sick as hell. Got tested for flu and came back negative. Sick for a couple weeks.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

My neighbors came back from a trip to the east coast in late November. Both were sick as hell. Got tested for flu and came back negative. Sick for a couple weeks.

Yup. Like I said, I have my suspicions. I’ve not in my entire life been sick for a couple of weeks. Until recently, that is. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Zonny said:

I had the same thing back in December. Flu-y for a few days, then a cough I couldn't shake for a month. :ack2:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Lots of people had a nasty "virus" in December. Makes ya wonder if we mighta had this thing around back then, and didn't even know it.

It sucks that the cases on the Kenai Peninsula are all separated like that. a cluster of 3 would be easier to isolate, but spread out like that is a bit disconcerting for what the next few weeks may bring.

You guys stay safe. Y'all done went and became family.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, G19Tony said:

I had the same thing back in December. Flu-y for a few days, then a cough I couldn't shake for a month. :ack2:

We need you to keep an eye on Zonny keeping an eye on Walt, gwalch and Eric.

Send Rabbi Cat the bill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

First case in my county confirmed over the weekend. 19 year old girl who had traveled internationally.

A local friend of mine (female, late 50's) was sick in January, really sick, nothing diagnosed but all the classic symptoms of Covid. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, tous said:

Just don't do it again.

We need you and Mrs. Cicero to keep Walt and gwalchmai in line.

And Eric.

He needs constant watching.

Glad that you are feeling better, ma'am.

There is no keeping @Walt in line. He’s a wild card. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lazy R said:

A local friend of mine (female, late 50's) was sick in January, really sick, nothing diagnosed but all the classic symptoms of Covid. 

Yup. I truly feel it’s been here awhile. 

• Like 2

Wow. It hit hard today. Admitted 4 cases within the last 24 hours. Many older and immunocompromised patients with respiratory symptoms, who tested negative. We have 12 test kits left in our hospital.

So tonight, the CDC put out a blast banning any testing for influenza. Flu swabs are now to be used to collect samples for covid testing. I worked the last 4 days, and we have changed policy every single day so far. We are getting a tent on Wednesday for respiratory patients. This thing is gonna get out of hand really quick in the next few days/weeks.

I lean pretty Libertarian, but we need a national lockdown, like last week. I'd actually welcome seeing such a thing.

• Sad 4

6 hours ago, tadbart said:

I lean pretty Libertarian, but we need a national lockdown, like last week. I'd actually welcome seeing such a thing.

I very much disagree.  Destroying our economy for (?) (decades?),  is the worst thing we could do (it probably too late already).

How about,  if you feel (or know) you are at risk of complications,  you lock-down and seal yourself off,  and the others go about their lives as they see fit?

How many,  of many,  tested negative?  How many "regular" cases of flu would you see per day in a "normal" year?

I can go to a restaurant in the state I'm currently in.  tada!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"An Arizona couple was sent to the hospital after they ingested chloroquine phosphate — a chemical compound used to clean fish aquariums — because they suspected it could help prevent coronavirus infections...

In an interview later that day, the woman told NBC News journalist Vaughn Hillyard that they each took 1 teaspoon of the chemical, mixed with soda, after finding it in their cabinet and coming to believe that it was “the stuff they’re talking about on TV.”

“It feels like, like my heart is broken and it’ll never mend,” said the woman, who blamed President Trump for their believing that chloroquine phosphate was safe to consume." https://www.dailywire.com/news/man-dead-wife-hospitalized-after-self-medicating-with-chloroquine-phosphate

Damn!

That's one heck of a way to flatten the curve through social distancing.

But from another perspective, it's nice to know that goldfish are essentially Covid-19 free. Must be disturbing to watch a goldfish coughing constantly.

Damn!

Chloroquin-phosphate.jpg

Edited by Ricordo
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Ricordo said:

"An Arizona couple was sent to the hospital after they ingested chloroquine phosphate — a chemical compound used to clean fish aquariums — because they suspected it could help prevent coronavirus infections...

In an interview later that day, the woman told NBC News journalist Vaughn Hillyard that they each took 1 teaspoon of the chemical, mixed with soda, after finding it in their cabinet and coming to believe that it was “the stuff they’re talking about on TV.”

“It feels like, like my heart is broken and it’ll never mend,” said the woman, who blamed President Trump for their believing that chloroquine phosphate was safe to consume." https://www.dailywire.com/news/man-dead-wife-hospitalized-after-self-medicating-with-chloroquine-phosphate

Damn!

That's one heck of a way to flatten the curve through social distancing.

But from another perspective, it's nice to know that goldfish are essentially Covid-19 free. Must be disturbing to watch a goldfish coughing constantly.

Damn!

Chloroquin-phosphate.jpg

This is what happens when some think for themselves but are under equipped for the task.

You would also never get Corona Virus if you ate a large dose of Strychnine, but it's also not recommended.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

This is what happens when some think for themselves but are under equipped for the task.

You would also never get Corona Virus if you ate a large dose of Strychnine, but it's also not recommended.

That's as sad as it can get. I don't know the circumstances of these people but my first thought was that they were intellectually impaired.

And then the photo, which is actually of the product they used. So I'm left wondering if they couldn't read.

Beyond that, I don't know what the heck went through their minds. Sure, I know that some people don't "have it", but...damn!

• Thanks 1