China Flu getting closer to home

4 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

I heard a guy on the radio recommending 'herd immunity' today. Basically let everyone get it, then we are all immune, or dead. We might as well remove all warning labels while we're at it. Thin out the idiots like those mentioned above.

We used to respect Natures laws but lately we have laws protecting the fools.  I wonder if this was a long-term plan by Democrats...…….

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/22/2020 at 12:55 PM, Walt Longmire said:

We have 3 confirmed cases on the Kenai Peninsula now. One each in Seward, Soldotna, and Sterling.

How dare you call it a China Flu.  That is incorrect.  

It's not a flu.

China Virus is more appropriate.  :anim_lol:

• Thanks 1

Because the Atlanta airport is pretty much shut down,  I have to connect through LaGuardia, today.  And enjoy several hours there!  And I guess they are only flying much smaller planes,  because the usual ~1hour flights are now scheduled to be 2+ hours.

To-and-from Virus Central!

• Sad 2

I've been reprimanded by people this week for getting too close to them.  But I think it was them getting too close to me,  so I couldn't help them.

Many places have now put tape on the floor,  6' apart.  That's how we survive this. 

5 1/2' will kill you!!!

• Sad 1

You can suddenly carry-on full sized bottles of hand sanitizer.  Which pretty much proves that the whole 'explosive liquid' thing is nothing but theater.

(but everyone seems to be ignoring that little tid-bit)

So I went and bought the biggest bottle that anyone makes,  and filled it with vodka.

• Like 3

And the TSA made me self-search!

I was still waiting for the rest of my bins (disease central) to go through the tunnel and they brought my backpack back out to me and made me open it up and keep pulling stuff out, until they saw whatever it was they wanted to see,  and then they ran it through again.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

I was still waiting for the rest of my bins (disease central) to go through the tunnel and they brought my backpack back out to me and made me open it up and keep pulling stuff out, until they saw whatever it was they wanted to see,  and then they ran it through again.

Who would bother to do anything to an airplane NOT full of people?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I seem to be the only guest in this seven-story downtown hotel.

And they still charged me $30 for parking.

Crap!  Now you're paying their mortgage all by your self. $30 per parking lot space...……………...

30 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

I had a guy take my luggage on my return trip to home and unzip it, then start to put his hand in the side pocket.  As he put his finger tips in I told him I wouldn't put my hand in there if it was me.

He suddenly stopped and aske why!  I said, "Dirty underwear".  He didn't check it!  Some of them are fun!

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Who would bother to do anything to an airplane NOT full of people?

The flight that just left announced that it had 9 people on it.  They all got to board first-class.

I heard them say that mine has 5 passengers.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Huaco Kid said:

Me and two other people at the gate for LGA to PIT.

They are two young Asians (Carnegie Mellon?) and wrapped up in hazmat suits.

I used to buy those for our employees on a special project.  I checked recently and the Tyvek suits are less than $10.  Even Grainger's sells them.

I was called off of work for the upcoming Monday for (get this) Low hospital census.

I'm not complaining. that gives me 6 days off in the midst of a pandemic- time to do some yard work and troll for some damn toilet paper.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1